Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ColtMcAsskick
Nov 7, 2010
Let's all reflect on how good this World Cup was.

Mmm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ColtMcAsskick
Nov 7, 2010

ColtMcAsskick posted:

:toxx: wallabies to win because gently caress you we will :boom:

So I lost this toxx and I ain't even mad. I'll let you guys decide whether I should cop the ban or have some terribly embarrassing avatar.

Congrats to NZ again

ColtMcAsskick
Nov 7, 2010
I give you a choice of three rugby thread. Don't disappoint me

ColtMcAsskick
Nov 7, 2010

hooman posted:

Brumbies v Tahs was good.

Nice arm wrestle if a game. Wish the score line reflected the actual game more though.

ColtMcAsskick
Nov 7, 2010

Vaders Jester posted:

According to Daryl Gibson, it's all Eddie Jones' fault that the Waratahs are bad...

No, it's that time of the decade where the tahs decided to be utterly awful as a team.

Which is a shame because last nights match showed they had the players and the ability to pressure the oppositions try line, yet none of the ability to finish it.

ColtMcAsskick
Nov 7, 2010
Still can't believe England loving won a series in Australia. Nothing is worse

ColtMcAsskick
Nov 7, 2010
Can Australia steal Beauden Barrett like we did with Russel Crowe? He’s a bloody genius

ColtMcAsskick
Nov 7, 2010
Also we need him to make the bledisole even close to competitive

ColtMcAsskick
Nov 7, 2010
I hope all you Kiwis realise it’s in your best interest to stop being so drat good because Australia will only get worse and worse as rugby union dies in this country so if you ever want a competitive game again you’ve got to cripple your standouts

ColtMcAsskick
Nov 7, 2010

Smorgasbord posted:

We tried that back in the early 2000s and the Aussies got unbearably smug so it's your own drat fault

Tell them to bring back Justin Marshall and Carlos Spencer back as specialty drinking coaches

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ColtMcAsskick
Nov 7, 2010

Vagabundo posted:

Spicy hot take of the weekend - Israel Folau is, as a player, just whelming and is nowhere near as good as the Aussie hype machine that surrounds him would want you to believe. If he were on this side of the Tasman, he'd maybe play a couple of tests or midweek fixtures for the All Blacks, maybe. Anyone that thinks Folau is better than, say, Ben Smith or Liam Williams has no idea what the gently caress they're talking about.

Bit of a Quade Cooper situation. When he’s on he’s untouchable, but that’s only once or twice a season. Otherwise pedestrian to bad.

ElectroMagneticJosh posted:

They had a massive boost of interest during the 2003 RWC and completely squandered it. People were turning up to watch games who had never seen Rugby Union before (I remember some Aussie family friends ask us to email them some basic rules/things to watch for because they were seeing their first match). The ARU thought "great, now lets keep rugby being run exactly the way it always was and not look to expand the game at the grass-roots level - a new super rugby team will be sufficient".

This is what happens when you allow a bunch of old boys who took to many blows to the head in the 70s run the game. They’ve had everything handed to them throughout life so they’ve never had to stop and think that they might have to put some effort to grow the game. They just assumed that it’d happen like they just so happened to get a job in dad’s friends firm straight out of undergrad.