Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

HappyCamperGL posted:

Scotland may be bad; but let's not be silly.

Scotland are not bad, but they have a talent of playing slgithly worse than their opponents, they can be slightly worse than New Zealand and slightly worse than Italy in the same year. Whilst I hope we do crush those colonial lackey's I can easily see us playing slightly worse than them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Anyone else doing the ESPN Fantasy Rugby thing for the World Cup? I've made up a team and I can create a league if anyone else is interested.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

I've created an ESPN Fantasy League for the world cup. you can sign up here.

http://fantasyrugby.espn.co.uk/

and the Pin for the League is 1157482-12650

I'll throw in a Forum Upgrade or Avatar of your choice to the person coming first, their choice.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Tyma posted:

I'm signed up for Fantasy Rugby. I desperately need that new avatar, and it'll free up $5 for me to buy a Mike Phillips voodoo doll.

What a shame it doesn't let us see the other players' teams right now. We all picked Liam Williams, right?

Yeah I assume we'll be able to see each others teams at some point.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

It only lets you pick 3 Scotland Players, how will you ever choose?

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

goatface posted:

Is it one of those tedious leagues with 8 billion substitutions over the course of the tournament, or a "pick ~20 dudes and pray they don't die" one?

It's one with transfers, you get 15 during the Group Stages and 10 for the Knockouts. It's tricky to really game it by transferring players around , you'll mostly be covering injuries or swooping in on someone playing well. You'll need you 10 transfers for your knockout stage picks as some f your team will go away probably.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Tyma posted:

15. Liam Williams
14. Alex Cuthbert
13. Cory Allen
12. Scott Williams
11. Hallam Amos
10. Rhys Priestland
09. Gareth Davies
01. Paul James
02. Scott Baldwin
03. Samson Lee
04. Luke Charteris
05 .Jake Ball
06. Sam Warburton
07. Justin Tipuric
08. James King

What's that, in the backs there?

Tyma posted:

15. Liam Williams
14. Alex Cuthbert
13. Cory Allen
12. Scott Williams
11. Hallam Amos
10. Rhys Priestland
09. Gareth Davies

No no not the 3/4's

Tyma posted:

13. Cory Allen
12. Scott Williams
10. Rhys Priestland
09. Gareth Davies

Just there at 10

Tyma posted:

10. Rhys Priestland

:captainpop:

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Madkal posted:

until a player does something stupid like homicide on the pitch

I too will be watching Bismarck du Plessis and Schalk Burger do on the pitch.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Jesus Christ this England scrum

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Fluo posted:

Half the balls into the scrums aren't straight at all more

That means half of them are straight, that's an improvement

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

He's identified it's an England put in because an England player has the ball, top quality commentary

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Wales can beat this England team

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Did an England player just dive to try and get a penalty?

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

It doesn't help this is one of the worst reffed matches so far.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

ColtMcAsskick posted:

Penalties galore atm

I'm pretty sure he skimmed the rule book and just skipped the section on mauls

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

MyChemicalImbalance posted:

Now that's a Barnes call

E: by that I mean he has balls and loves kiwi tears

It was totally the right call as well. Unusual for the Wayne Barnes Experience

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Butt Wizard posted:

Ah English rugby press, who have suddenly become staunch defenders of the breakdown rules. I'm sure this has nothing to do with diverting attention away from the officials being laughably bad in most of the games in their tournament, or the fact they were bloody lucky to get away with a win over Fiji.

I thought the break down had been pretty well reffed so far, they're really hammering the neck crank but they should be. The only really bad one has been Joubert not really knowing the rules of a maul so far.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Vaders Jester posted:

Already got the super happy Japanese team lined up and ready to go.

I'm hoping for something like this for him.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

tarbrush posted:

England have apparently dropped Ford for the Wales game.

Farrell-Barritt-Burgess 10-12. :barf:

Joseph is injured as well, well he's listed as doubtful so not sure if we'll see him back later in the competition.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Butt Wizard posted:

Yea I think it's just me knowing I probably would have done the same thing and realizing that I would have been wrong to do it.

Professional Rugby players should know the rules.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Butt Wizard posted:

I guess you'd expect them not to eye gouge either :shrug:

Oh no I would expect them to do it sometimes but not be surprised when they got sent off.

Matsushima knew what he did was illegal which is why it was a cynical foul a hence the card. As it turns out he probably made the right call, he denied a good chance and Japan really pulled together under the card.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Vaders Jester posted:

Scotland make 10 changes for the match against the USA, obviously some guys still carrying a couple of knocks or not recovered from the game. Looks to be a fairly solid side again though, stil don't know how Strokosch got into the squad though.

I've always quite like Strokosch, he's solid and has a good work rate. What got him a place ahead of Kelly Brown, Blair Cowan or John Barclay though is a mystery.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

That line out wasn't even close to straight, I'm not impressed with the reffing so far

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

I see the pattern now, Wales don't knock on, Scrum England. England knock on, play on!

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Butt Wizard posted:

There was no way that English player released the ball on the ground. Tip for ref: when you can move the entire ruck because you're holding the ball and the bloke on the ground hasn't let go, he should probably be penalised.

Garces has made it clear that some of the rules don't apply to England so far.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Wait are we seriously not going to look at Williams getting straight up kicked in the head by England 6?

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Foxtrot_13 posted:

England player went for and got the ball. Accidental.

6 missed the ball by a mile, kicked Williams in the head and fell over. It was wildly dangerous and hard to see as not deliberate

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

These set peices are making me sad

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

dex_sda posted:

are usa incapable of throwing a ball properly holy poo poo

I am a Scotland supporter but I think we should give the USA a few freebies at the line out, it's sad.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Vaders Jester posted:

In before Gilchrist kills himself again.

Too late he's dead

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Scotland are really missing Barclay and Cowan at the breakdown

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Assuming England Bonus point against Uruguay and Wales Beat Fiji with no bonus point then the possible outcomes are

Australia beat Wales and England by over 7 pts

Australia 17 pts
Wales 13pts
England 11 pts

England Beat Australia and Australia beat Wales all by over 7 pts

England 15 pts
Australia 13 pts
Wales 13 pts

Both England and Wales beat Australia by over 7 pts

Wales 17pts
England 15pts
Australia 9 pts

If Wales beats Australia and Australia beats England

Wales 17pts
Australia 13pts
England 11pts

So I think the bonus points will only come into play if England Beat Australia, then Wales could squeak in with a Bonus point over Fiji or a loser bonus from Australia. I think? This could well all be wrong.

Aramoro fucked around with this message at 11:33 on Sep 28, 2015

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

I was disappointed in Scotlands performance today but hopefully we should have enough to go past Samoa. Especially if Finn Russel is back

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Controversially I want England to win this one.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Mike Brown is having a shocker so far

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Burgess in not being able to tackle shocker

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

tarbrush posted:

So, now that I've recovered from England's humiliation (I've had practice), who should I be supporting for the rest of the tournament?

Ireland

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

WMain00 posted:

Absolutely terrified Scotland are going to Scotland and lose.

I was confident earlier in the week but more and more doubt creeps in the closer the match gets.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Jesus Christ Scotland catch a kick off

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Vagabundo posted:

Ryan Wilson, you filthy idiot.

That was a really soft yellow