Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DickEmery
Dec 5, 2004

tarbrush posted:

In happier news, it looks like Chris Ashton is about to get a substantial ban for biting.

Substantial? have you seen any England player citings before?

Coming off a 10 week ban for gouging gets the minimum recommended.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DickEmery
Dec 5, 2004
Wales haven't won an opening autumn international for 14 years.
Can't see it being this year.

DickEmery
Dec 5, 2004

goatface posted:

Some very NH rugby from Wales.

By NH do you mean poo poo?

DickEmery
Dec 5, 2004
I don't think Alex Cuthbert has dropped the ball yet.
So I think we can all agree Wales are the moral victors.

DickEmery
Dec 5, 2004
Utterly loving idiotic
Walesd the gently caress out of that

DickEmery
Dec 5, 2004

Vagabundo posted:

Rugby Union 2017 - For gently caress's sake, Wales

Fixed etc

DickEmery
Dec 5, 2004

HappyCamperGL posted:

Sexton and Farrel are still the outstanding outside halfs for the lions.

Sexton maybe but Farrell isn't even the outstanding 10 for England.

DickEmery
Dec 5, 2004
I think the Lions half backs might be in pairs.
So it'll be Youngs and Farrell or [Welsh9] and Biggar.

Unless Sexton is miraculously recovered by then.

It's all irrelevant though.
New Zealand are going to hammer the Lions.

DickEmery
Dec 5, 2004

stavros880 posted:

Will be interesting to see the reviews of George North's performance today. He was pretty anonymous, which seems to be having increasingly frequently, but always seems to get a pass for it. Luckily most of the rest of the team played typically badly, so maybe it won't be noticed.
One thing is for sure, a lot of the welsh players are rapidly playing themselves out of consideration for the lions tour. The only good performances (Warburton, Jones) seem to be the positions that are most competitive.

That's been North's MO for about 2 seasons now.
Anonymous with the odd one or two games of quality and falls off far too many tackles for someone of his size.

I think a few of the Welsh team will be in the squad but most like Halfpenny, Webb and North won't make the test team.
Warburton, AWJ and Jonathon Davies are the only ones looking Lions test quality at the moment.

I'm all aboard the Hogg train now, he is on a different level to the other Full-backs in contention.

Considering the general quality across all the teams I think the Lions squad will be one of the best for a good few tours, but the test team will still fall short.

DickEmery
Dec 5, 2004
I thought Paul O'connell's comment that Wales were a good team playing badly was astute.
Ireland were a good team playing badly tonight.
Sexton was immense though, nailed on for the Lions now I think.

Gatland is going to have nightmares about picking the back row.

DickEmery
Dec 5, 2004

Tyma posted:

Who was Man Of The Match?

The timekeeper

DickEmery
Dec 5, 2004
Not too crazy a squad,
Roberts would have been Neil Back levels of insanity so all in all not many surprises.

Unimpressed posted:

Yeah, why would you pick the captain of the team that won the last two 6Ns and went 17 straight without a loss. But what the gently caress do I know...

He's poo poo and a liability.

DickEmery
Dec 5, 2004
That would have been a lovely performance if they'd got off the plane this morning.

DickEmery fucked around with this message at 10:36 on Jun 3, 2017

DickEmery
Dec 5, 2004

Vaders Jester posted:

Gutted for Hogg, he's probably hosed himself out of a test spot today.

He had a better game than Sexton.
Plus, Gatland won't have as much fun dropping Hogg as he will dropping Ireland's anointed one.

DickEmery
Dec 5, 2004
Ken Owens to sing the Blues
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/40156259

Halfpenny
Nowell
Payne
Henshaw
Daly
Biggar
Webb

McGrath
Owens (captain)
Cole
Itoje
Lawes
Haskell
Tipuric
Stander

Replacements: Best, Marler, Sinckler, Henderson, O'Mahony, Laidlaw, Sexton, L Williams

DickEmery
Dec 5, 2004
Liam Williams is functionally retarded

DickEmery
Dec 5, 2004

thegasman2000 posted:

Farrell has got to be the first pick at 10 surely?

I'd go further and say he needs to be wrapped in cotton wool because Sexton and Biggar are playing way way below his level.

Christ, that was difficult to type.

DickEmery
Dec 5, 2004
Blessing in disguise imo.
He was woeful in the first game,

DickEmery
Dec 5, 2004

stavros880 posted:

And I realise they are in the same timezone, but surely a jet lagged launchbury will be better than a fully fit Cory Hill?

He must be trolling Eddie Jones, which is admirable, but Hill over Launchbury is taking it a bit far.

DickEmery
Dec 5, 2004

Tyma posted:

Marler is an absurdly stupid human

Even more so because he ignored the ball on the floor to take that cheap shot

DickEmery
Dec 5, 2004

fallingdownjoe posted:

Still not impressed with Farrell at all - don't think he's offering much to the team and not making great decisions often enough.

Farrell is easily ahead of Biggar and Sexton though it's just not difficult.

Feel for Kruis who had a mare after being incredible all tour.

Gatland's selection was vindicated but he then hosed it up with his replacements.
I only hope he doesn't overreact.

Itoje has to start next week, maybe North for Watson (or get Watson longer studs) but the bulk of the team can't really be improved by their replacements.
The back row will be all "controversial" again but you could probably choose any combination of flankers from this tour and it wouldn't change much.

DickEmery
Dec 5, 2004

bigfoot again posted:

Lions will play Sexton and Farrell together. Itoje, Warburton in, Kruis Teo and Omahoney out. Nowell, Stander and Lawes on the bench.

Aramoro posted:

The mind of Warren Gatland is a mysterious place.

DickEmery
Dec 5, 2004
Southern Kings and Cheetahs to join the Pr12 Pro14 all but confirmed.
I wonder how this will affect qualification to the European competitions.

DickEmery
Dec 5, 2004

fallingdownjoe posted:

Of course not! Gatland will be Lord High President of the All Blacks by then!

With the ridiculous contract the WRU gave him he could probably just buy New Zealand by then.

DickEmery
Dec 5, 2004
cheating motherfuckers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DickEmery
Dec 5, 2004
Shoulder to the head, red card.
The dirty little poo poo never looked at the ball and knew exactly what he was doing