Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CrumFUNist!
Nov 27, 2005

Pakled posted:

Malik Zaire is reported to have a fractured right ankle and is out for the season.

It's so much better when Notre Dame stumbles towards the end of a season, not at the beginning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

So that should have been one of the most memorable wins for Notre Dame of the past decade but Malik's injury puts a huge damper on things.

That said, I'm not ready to throw the towel in on the season yet. Deshone Kizer was a big time recruit a few years ago. Maybe ND will get lucky and he'll step up.

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

Gophers did not deserve to win that game, but we pulled it through somehow.

blackmongoose
Mar 31, 2011

DARK INFERNO ROOK!
MACtion has B10 and SEC scalps now, time to claim the rest of the P5

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Ty1990 posted:

So that should have been one of the most memorable wins for Notre Dame of the past decade but Malik's injury puts a huge damper on things.

That said, I'm not ready to throw the towel in on the season yet. Deshone Kizer was a big time recruit a few years ago. Maybe ND will get lucky and he'll step up.

He has a gun of an arm and he'll do well. This probably doesn't kill their season but the odds of getting to the playoffs are a lot longer now.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
Holy Toledo!

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Benne posted:

lol gently caress Bert Bielema

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
I'm looking at the box score for the Arkansas-Toledo and it's baffling how Arkansas managed to lose that game.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Football is dumb and the next president should out law it

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

Cmon Iowa State and OU, please make the Big XII look competent, smdh.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Chieves posted:

The MAC is the only conference that matters, hth

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
K-State beat UTSA in what I've been told is one of the most boring football games to ever happen, so I guess I'm glad I was busy for it. :toot:

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

DJExile posted:

The MAC is the only conference that matters, hth

THat's why Northwestern/Ball State is Under the Lights.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

R.D. Mangles posted:

THat's why Northwestern/Ball State is Under the Lights.

Exactly!

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
And wrong thread.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Sep 13, 2015

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Strobe posted:

K-State beat UTSA in what I've been told is one of the most boring football games to ever happen, so I guess I'm glad I was busy for it. :toot:

I watched a little bit, that was your backup QB starting right?

He's loving awful.

CraigK
Nov 4, 2008

by exmarx
i just got done running errands howd the razorbacks d- :yikes: :razorback:

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

props to the guy at the Northwestern/Eastern Illinois game in the EIU Tony Romo jersey

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

R.D. Mangles posted:

props to the guy at the Northwestern/Eastern Illinois game in the EIU Tony Romo jersey

drat that's awesome

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007
Wazzu got it done. :unsmith:

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
Football is stupid and I hate it.

witz
Sep 28, 2001

Start winning some games or he'll kill you

Pakled posted:

Malik Zaire is reported to have a fractured right ankle and is out for the season.

:(

No words.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
Ohio State looked sluggish and sloppy and is lucky they weren't playing someone better. I hate making excuses but the shorten week really showed.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

Rad Valtar posted:

Ohio State looked sluggish and sloppy and is lucky they weren't playing someone better. I hate making excuses but the shorten week really showed.

If this week has shown us anything it's that just about every team will have a lovely game against a bad team once a year. If you are able to still win convincingly I don't think there's anything worth worrying about.

korrandark
Jan 5, 2009

Rad Valtar posted:

The defense looked really good though, especially Conley.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Rad Valtar posted:

Same for Bama, honestly. Our QBs both looked...not good. Our kicker missed 2 FGs, meaning he's missed 4 through 2 games. Derrick Henry had 33 yards on 13 attempts until a breakout drive in the 3rd quarter which put him at, like, 96 yards. And, of course, our secondary was not impressive. We look pretty beatable, but the good news is that so does everyone else! It'll make for a fun year of football to watch.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I hate Ohio State. That is all.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
Me all week

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.

Emron posted:

Same for Bama, honestly. Our QBs both looked...not good. Our kicker missed 2 FGs, meaning he's missed 4 through 2 games. Derrick Henry had 33 yards on 13 attempts until a breakout drive in the 3rd quarter which put him at, like, 96 yards. And, of course, our secondary was not impressive. We look pretty beatable, but the good news is that so does everyone else! It'll make for a fun year of football to watch.

The good news for Ohio State is their defense still looked really good. Also our kicking game is bad right now too.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Really cool story from today's Kent State game

ESPN posted:

April Goss finally got her chance and kicked her way into history.

A four-year member of Kent State's team, Goss kicked an extra point in the first half of her team's 45-13 rout of Delaware State, becoming the second woman to score in a major college football game.

Wearing No. 91, Goss made the kick with 4:30 left in the second quarter, giving the Golden Flashes a 29-6 lead. Following the touchdown, starting kicker Shane Hynes initially went on the field, but coach Paul Haynes called a timeout and brought in Goss.

Her kick veered right off the hold, but cleared the crossbar and she was mobbed by her teammates. Once Goss got to the sideline, she shared hugs with all of Kent State's coaches and was congratulated by university president Dr. Beverly Warren.

Katie Hnida kicked a pair of extra points for New Mexico in 2003. According to STATS LLC, Goss, who was a soccer player in high school before deciding to try football, appears to be the only woman currently on a Division I roster.

Haynes had been trying to get Goss into a game for the past two seasons. Before her historic kick, the closest she came was making the game-winning extra point in the 2014 spring game.

Earlier this week, Haynes had high praise for Goss.

"She works her tail off. She's the first one out there in practice and the last one off the field," he said. "Every time someone gets up and talks, one of our players gets up and talks, they always talk about they've got brothers, and a sister."

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Chieves posted:

Hawkeyes motherfucker

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.
Wait Bielema bitched about Ohio States schedule and then lost to Toledo at home? You fat loving idiot.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

DJExile posted:

:unsmith:

Not Colorado.txt

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Bad Moon posted:

Hawkeyes motherfucker

:smith:

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Rad Valtar posted:

Wait Bielema bitched about Ohio States schedule and then lost to Toledo at home? You fat loving idiot.

Yeah, and it's hilarious.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Rad Valtar posted:

A murderer's row of 8 ranked teams and also Toledo

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Toledo has actually been a pretty decent MAC team for the past few years but them shoving Bert's words right back down his facehole more than makes up for Jacksonville State blowing the comeback

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

e: gently caress wrong thread

Alaois fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Sep 13, 2015

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

DJExile posted:

That's legitimately cool.

Adbot