Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Pakled posted:

https://twitter.com/GatorsScott/status/644628800572116992

Will Grier is the first Florida QB to throw multiple TD passes in consecutive games since 2010.

lol Muschamp

:suicide:

Muschamp ball is unwatchable. :lol: @ him giving up 438yds to Jax State.

And 405 to Louisville. Boy-wonder's defense full of blue chips giving up an average of 421.5yds/game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Raku posted:

How is BC's run defense? If they can limit Cook Golson isn't intimidating.

Im not positive but I feel their run D is def stronger than their secondary.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
The good thing is BC is pretty young up front on offense and a young QB so FSU should be able to handle the offense with ease. If FSU can score 24 they should win, if Golson doesn't turn the ball over 3 times.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

KKKLIP ART posted:

Yeah but Louisville sucking means that it wasn't an actual quality win for Auburn and could help them slide so I'm fine with Clemson winning.

After a cupcake, Louisville goes to NC State and FSU. There's a chance they start the season 1-5, at which point I'm dead certain Petrino and Grantham will come to blows on the sidelines during a game, and it will be glorious.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Pakled posted:

Will Grier is the first Florida QB to throw multiple TD passes in consecutive games since 2010.

lol Muschamp

:stare:

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

D.N. Nation posted:

After a cupcake, Louisville goes to NC State and FSU. There's a chance they start the season 1-5, at which point I'm dead certain Petrino and Grantham will come to blows on the sidelines during a game, and it will be glorious.

Petrino is such a sleazebag I wouldn't mind seeing him take a shot to the gut.

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches
:v::v::v:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

anne frank fanfic
Oct 31, 2005

Henchman of Santa posted:

Because Gendo had an Anne Frank avatar for a while

ban that man

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO
Fun fact: University of Texas Chancellor William McRaven's previous job was as a 4-star Admiral in charge of the US Special Operations Command. He was supposed to do a campus event with the sitting director of the CIA on Tuesday, but he was called away because he needed to review and give final approval to the settlement with Steve Patterson so his "resignation" could be finalized. In other words, the same guy who gave the order to terminate Bin Laden signed the order to terminate Steve Patterson.

Also we have some pretty scary people on campus these days.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Scrapez posted:

On a football related note, Greenwood is the honorary captain at the Iowa/Pitt night game this week. Greenwood had a heart arrhythmia that caused a brain issue/coma and was good friends with Tyler Sash who just died. It's going to be an emotional night in Kinnick.

To expand on this, at one point doctors were telling him that he'd never regain sight, speech, or the ability to walk due to a prolonged period of lack of oxygen to the brain during the heart episode and from being in the medically induced coma for so long (almost a month, as I recall) He currently has issues with short term memory (that will probably persist the rest of his life), but he can speak, see, and can walk with assistance or a walker. Pat Angerer and strength coach Chris Doyle have both been extremely involved in his rehab process and he's making incredible strides. As you would expect from a guy who went from a completely unrecruited walk on to a four year starting Big Ten safety (and a dang good one for the last two), he's worked really hard. Watching him walk out onto the field at Kinnick is going to have a lot of people misting up, I imagine.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Thermos H Christ posted:

Fun fact: University of Texas Chancellor William McRaven's previous job was as a 4-star Admiral in charge of the US Special Operations Command. He was supposed to do a campus event with the sitting director of the CIA on Tuesday, but he was called away because he needed to review and give final approval to the settlement with Steve Patterson so his "resignation" could be finalized. In other words, the same guy who gave the order to terminate Bin Laden signed the order to terminate Steve Patterson.

Hows that open carry on campus working out?

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

D.N. Nation posted:

Anything that contributes to Grantham never coaching football ever again is cool with me

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Pakled posted:

lol Muschamp

This really encapsulates just how bad our offenses were during those years

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Thermos H Christ posted:

I took a Natl Security Policy class in grad school at Clemson, taught by a CIA Deputy Intel Chief... the amount of scary poo poo that man knew was insane. It was basically a class in "heres how easy it would be for terrorists to lay waste to this entire city."

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

D.N. Nation posted:

After a cupcake, Louisville goes to NC State and FSU. There's a chance they start the season 1-5

Fuckin Louisville dragging down Houston's SOS

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Scarf posted:

I took a Natl Security Policy class in grad school at Clemson, taught by a CIA Deputy Intel Chief... the amount of scary poo poo that man knew was insane. It was basically a class in "heres how easy it would be for terrorists to lay waste to this entire city."

The terrorists trying to pull off such things though are usually on the knuckleheaded side. Attacking automated systems should be super easy, or governmental data, simply because the myriad patchwork of all the different agencies all use different, poorly constructed computer systems.

Infrastructure in this country is pretty terrible

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

KKKLIP ART posted:

Anything that contributes to Grantham never coaching football ever again is cool with me

Grantham should be a pro journeyman...which he was before UGA. His style of coaching* is utterly unsuitable for the college game unless he's automatically given a team full of NFL prospect upperclassmen. Also, he's an rear end in a top hat.

* "Here's a giant playbook. Also, we're going to be making intricate changes on the fly that are super-secret and hidden from the masses by my personal towel boy. Oh, I should probably remind you that the other team snapped the ball four seconds ago."

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
What's weird about Grantham is he's like persona non grata at VT. This is a kid who was born a county away from Blacksburg, went to VT and did well(HM All-American) under Dooley then GA'd and then promoted under Beamer and one of the very few assistants to survive the Great Purge* in 1992. He continued on and even got 1-2 years of tutelage under Foster though granted that was the very beginning of Foster's career.

All that and he's basically never mentioned. He's never, ever come up again for an assistant spot, he's never been honored at a game to my memory(maybe this happened in the 90s but people get re-honored now and then), he's never been invited to do coaching camps or brain storm with Bud or even just roam the sidelines on a gameday although again he's a coach and that's not always possible. But still, you just never hear talk of him and it almost makes me wonder if something didn't happen to make him piss off Frank. There's a small handful of people, mostly players, that Frank wants nothing more to do with and you will probably never see them back in Blacksburg as an invited guest. Frank's so genial that it takes an extraordinary act of douchedom to get put on his shitlist so if that happened Grantham is probably an even bigger rear end in a top hat than you imagine.

* - after 1992's disastrous 2-8-1 season Frank was given an ultimatum: clean house or we'll do it for you. Frank fired I think 7 of 10 assistants with only Foster, Grantham, and Billy Hite surviving. 1993 was the start of the bowl streak so obviously it ended up working out.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVYXs-Ahu88

"Yep, I managed to make Urban Meyer look like the good guy."

OpaqueEcho
Feb 8, 2003

oh no no bro oh no
http://www.theonion.com/article/new-lsu-stadium-shuttle-transports-tigers-fans-bac-51345

Spintzel
Dec 31, 2007

Distractions makes it better when ya take up the ENTIRE ROAD

Shoulda just stuck with ragging on the swamp. Not really sure why you would associate forest elf people with LSU

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO
In an article about the fall of Patterson, ESPN wrote that Joe Jamail cut their phone interview short to take a call from Charlie Strong. I do so wonder what that call was about.

Assuming it was real, anyway. Jamail might have just wanted to get off the phone.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Thermos H Christ posted:

In an article about the fall of Patterson, ESPN wrote that Joe Jamail cut their phone interview short to take a call from Charlie Strong. I do so wonder what that call was about.

Assuming it was real, anyway. Jamail might have just wanted to get off the phone.

it was definitely about teenage pussy

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

BC puke ugh

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Raku posted:

it was definitely about teenage pussy

Insh'a Allah

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
Actually, you'll find that teenage pussy is overrated

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Marquis de Pyro posted:

Actually, you'll find that teenage pussy is overrated

At least let me do the work in my own lab, replicable results are what science is all about.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Wildcats gonna gently caress up Duke, Anthony Walker owns, prepare to get clobbered by the Big Ten Champs.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
God what the gently caress did Mizzou do to deserve all this crap

quote:

Missouri freshman defensive tackle Terry Beckner Jr. was one of the drivers involved in a two-vehicle accident at 3:54 p.m. Friday on the northeast corner of the University of Missouri campus.

Beckner and three teammates who were passengers in his car — redshirt freshman wide receivers DeSean Blair and Keyon Dilosa along with redshirt freshman running back Trevon Walters — were taken to MU Hospital as a precaution.

None of the injuries sustained by the players were considered life-threatening, according to a release from the MU athletic department, but it’s unclear if they will be available to play Saturday when the Tigers face Connecticut at 11 a.m. in Memorial Stadium.

“The status of Beckner, Blair and Dilosa is being assessed and likely not known until tomorrow,” Chad Moller, a MU associate athletic director said in the release.

Walters has not played since tearing his ACL during the spring and isn’t expected back until late mid-October, coach Gary Pinkel said Monday.

Pinkel was photographed at the scene of the accident, which occurred at College and University avenues on the northeast corner of the MU campus.

I mean luckily UCONN isn't a tough opponent but come on.

Also, I have no idea how a big accident happened at College and University since University has like a 20 mph speed limit.

Mike_V fucked around with this message at 01:43 on Sep 19, 2015

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Mike_V posted:

God what the gently caress did Mizzou do to deserve all this crap

I mean luckily UCONN isn't a tough opponent but come on.

Also, I have no idea how a big accident happened at College and University since University has like a 20 mph speed limit.

Presumably one or both cars was not adhering to that limit

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?
If you're not adhering to the speed limit that time of day on University then you've probably plowed over a dozen pedestrians

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

So after spending a couple days in the hospital to help clear up a hip infection from a deep bruise, Connor Mitch has been readmitted for a blood transfusion. :stare: I hope he's okay, Jesus Christ.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

hmmmm

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

RumbleFish posted:

So after spending a couple days in the hospital to help clear up a hip infection from a deep bruise, Connor Mitch has been readmitted for a blood transfusion. :stare: I hope he's okay, Jesus Christ.

:stare:

Owns bones IMHO. I'll take a wacky helmet any day

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
Well, good news I guess:

quote:

@Frank_Cusumano
Per Maurice Scott from E STL Terry Beckner Jr. will play tomorrow #MizzouMade @KSDKSports

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

All I see is a pikachu tail

k3dj
Aug 21, 2015
any gif of boston college qb breaking his ankle

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy

Sash! posted:

All I see is a pikachu tail

Sea Lion.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
Is BYU's QB really good at throwing the deep ball like ESPN says or are they just gonna ride that fluke Hail Mary for the entire season?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Cole posted:

Is BYU's QB really good at throwing the deep ball like ESPN says or are they just gonna ride that fluke Hail Mary for the entire season?

He's thrown 2 now. Well there were 40 seconds on the clock the second time but 4th down so close enough.

With him being a Freshman it's hard to know for sure.

• Locked thread