Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy
NM - Not GDT.

C2C - 2.0 fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Sep 13, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TNG
Jan 4, 2001

by Lowtax
This seems an appropriate place to post this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBqW621YjAs

I'm so sorry Vols fans, please beat the rest of the SEC.

Lasagna Pilot
Feb 6, 2009

No, you're dark-side intergalactic encyclopedia salesmen. Unfortunately, the home office hasn't been quite upfront with you.
Condolences Vol bros.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
I know we only beat up on a cupcake this week but I'm glad Kyle Allen is our starting QB. Murray looks really raw (like Johnny but worse) and I hope being second string keeps him here long enough to work on some of his mistakes (or maybe the Browns will just draft another project QB).

Anyway, I'm more optimistic about Arkansas and (to a lesser extent) Auburn now.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Gonna buck the trend and say woo Sooners won!

TNG
Jan 4, 2001

by Lowtax
Haha, Bob Stoops is 3-0 since vs. the SEC since calling them "propaganda".

Sooner is the word and Baker Mayfield is the revelation.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Serious goddamn video game numbers from our offense today

BGSU Athletics posted:

Bowling Green ran 105 plays and outgained Maryland, 692-341. The 692 yards of total offense is the most under head coach Dino Babers. The 48 points is tied for the most under Babers. The Falcons also outgained Maryland on the ground, 201-156.

Redshirt-senior quarterback Matt Johnson completed 36-of-55 passes for 491 yards and six touchdowns. The 491-mark ranks second in school history, while his six touchdown tosses ties a school record. Johnson also became the first Falcon to throw for over 400 yards in back-to-back games, as he threw for 424 last Saturday (Sept. 5) vs. Tennessee.

:stare:

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE
BOOMER loving SOONER YALL

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
So Georgia Tech's backup QB, Tim Byerly, may be out for the season with a knee injury

Doesn't matter because Justin Thomas is about to run wild all over Notre Dame

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Spicy takes:

I try to avoid learning player names (save impact players and stuff) because they're just kids playing a kids game and I don't want to get mad at them, but numbers 53 and 13, you are both garbage trash.

Don't checkerboard Neyland again till this team shows they deserve it.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
gently caress the Vols for choking

ebg
Mar 31, 2008

I'm still not convinced that game is not some weird medicine-induced dream

but in the weird event that it wasn't, I'm really sorry Vols bros but Boomer fuckin Sooner

Stanley Tucheetos
May 15, 2012

Baker Mayfield knows how to scramble. Tennessee's punter has a really strong leg. Oklahoma really needed that hard fought game early on so they hopefully don't make Swoopes a Heisman contender for a day again. I have more confidence in the D but the O could still use some work at least in the first half.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Also, Florida is even more must-win now. If you lose that game, just shut it down for the season

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
So, SDSU's pretty good for a Mountain West team, right? Should I start getting excited for the Bears or am I setting myself up for disappointment?

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.
WVU played about the game I expected against Liberty -- a little messy, not as crisp or focused as we were last week, but nothing terrible. The red zone offense got better as the game went along, but short yardage runs and timing needs to get better. Glad we have a week off before Maryland.

Sir Thats Gross
May 27, 2006
I am physically ill from watching the Vols tonight. I mean, goddamn. I don't even know what to say about this loss.

DocPsychosis
Apr 5, 2008

Welcome to the anxiety closet.

TNG posted:

Haha, Bob Stoops is 3-0 since vs. the SEC since calling them "propaganda".

Sooner is the word and Baker Mayfield is the revelation.

I don't recall that quote, it must have been shortly after they were curb stomped by TAMU in the Cotton Bowl.

multigl
Nov 22, 2005

"Who's cool and has two thumbs? This guy!"
wrong thread

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

McElwain: "That was embarrassing. We didn't deserve to win the ball game. We have a long ways to go."

lol

edit:

@onlygators: McElwain to the media about watching/covering the #Gators tonight: "You guys should be embarrassed having to write about it."

edit2:

"It started Monday. 30-plus guys didn't have ankles taped for first meeting. ... The way you prepare is how you're going to play ... It's a bunch of entitlement."

Ehud fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Sep 13, 2015

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Scarf posted:

Holy Toledo!

New thread title

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
I see UGA fans are discovering what the rest of us knew about Lambert. Chubb is only going to take you so far, you better hope Ramsey shapes up and takes over.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Kidd-Liggit
Sep 6, 2011

You mean I have to go to Philly?
UK won on the road in Columbia, that's cool and good

TNG
Jan 4, 2001

by Lowtax

DocPsychosis posted:

I don't recall that quote, it must have been shortly after they were curb stomped by TAMU in the Cotton Bowl.

Oh yeah, that game. Oh Well, teaches me to listen to Jake Trotter. 3-1. Which coincidentally is about how many wins TAMU had against the SEC last year.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
e: wrong thread

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak
OU with a big comeback win (bonus that it was over Tennessee).

UK holds on for a big win over South Carolina. First SEC road win since 2009, and a 2-game winning streak over SC.

Tonight was a good night.

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
Maybe we should not race to 3rd and long every goddn possession.

pfunkdaddy
Nov 19, 2004

*makes it rain*

Kidd-Liggit posted:

UK won on the road in Columbia, that's cool and good

Life is beautiful and pain is temporary

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

I don't even know what kind of bad this team is. I actually missed the game and haven't watched the tape yet but I don't expect it will make any more sense after. Like Jeremy Johnson's line is obviously bad, but 21/36, 2TD/2INT does not quite look like a lose-to-an-FCS disaster line. Giving up 20 is not good, but it's not like they turned it into a 41-38 shootout where maybe they get lucky and have the ball last. On top of the embarrassment there were a slew of injuries that really exposed a lack of depth on defense that I was fearing; there were five true freshman on the field for a while.

Honestly though, as mad as I am, Louisville fans must be loving livid.

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Sorry Vol fans. I was working and just checking in on the game from time to time.

You guys were up 3-17 like the whole drat game. Then I left work and welp!

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Grozz Nuy posted:

So, SDSU's pretty good for a Mountain West team, right? Should I start getting excited for the Bears or am I setting myself up for disappointment?

Our defense is pretty good but our offense is abject garbage

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Genuinely not trolling since I'm using proper spelling and caps and poo poo: Sparty has to be considered a playoff contender along with Ohio State at this point. If Clemson gets tripped up, Oregon has a couple more missteps and either the Pac-12 South/SEC eats themselves, I don't think it's completely implausible that both Buckeye and Sparty can get in, provided their game ends up being within a single possession and not utter dogshit.

It's a lot of circumstances that need to come together, but I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility. Only Baylor/TCU can also make that argument right now.

Adlai Stevenson
Mar 4, 2010

Making me ashamed to feel the way that I do
That'll do, Sparty

That'll do

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008
I'm dead, football killed me tonight. Best game I've seen in a long time and being in Neyland made the comeback all the much better. Props to vols fans, all great people, but I'm so loving glad we got that win.

Mayfield show.

Chump Farts
May 9, 2009

There is no Coordinator but Narduzzi, and Shilique is his Prophet.
i cant even believe we beat oregon

i dont have any hope for osu but this warms my heart

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

C. Everett Koop posted:

Genuinely not trolling since I'm using proper spelling and caps and poo poo: Sparty has to be considered a playoff contender along with Ohio State at this point. If Clemson gets tripped up, Oregon has a couple more missteps and either the Pac-12 South/SEC eats themselves, I don't think it's completely implausible that both Buckeye and Sparty can get in, provided their game ends up being within a single possession and not utter dogshit.

It's a lot of circumstances that need to come together, but I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility. Only Baylor/TCU can also make that argument right now.

I don't think anyone would argue with you on that.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
The Ducks are loving trash rear end frauds. Vernon adams is Pure poo poo. Helfrich is gutless. Pellum is a clueless moron. Whole thing needs to be blown up. Oregon had no chance from the get go. Will be lucky to make the Sun Bowl.

On the plus side my Saturdays will be freed up for the rest of the year. Absolute garbage. Michigan St is not a good team either really. Were probably better last year. That was just low energy garbage from Oregon.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Sorry Tennessee. I was pulling for y'all MindlessHavok :(

Georgia looked shaky but we got a shoutout from John Cena on twitter, Auburn looked like poo poo and Notre Dame lost so today was alright.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chump Farts
May 9, 2009

There is no Coordinator but Narduzzi, and Shilique is his Prophet.

African AIDS cum posted:

The Ducks are loving trash rear end frauds. Vernon adams is Pure poo poo. Helfrich is gutless. Pellum is a clueless moron. Whole thing needs to be blown up. Oregon had no chance from the get go. Will be lucky to make the Sun Bowl.

On the plus side my Saturdays will be freed up for the rest of the year. Absolute garbage. Michigan St is not a good team either really. Were probably better last year. That was just low energy garbage from Oregon.

msu owns bitch

• Locked thread