Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
City of Glompton

the last few years I've been trying that tip the power company says will help save money, namely, setting my thermostat a few degrees higher or lower than I usually would.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

City of Glompton

I've been focusing on my endurance each season, and this year i've attained thermostat perfection. my furnace and my ac unit haven't started once. I worked my way to a low of 54/high of 97, and with any luck, that's gonna stick.

thank you PSP for the beautiful spring sig

Senior Management

Trying establishing your own oil rig to solve your personal energy needs. Also lite things on fire.

:jerry:

City of Glompton

meter reader: Ma'am I'm here to do an emergency check up on your meter. They think it's broken, it shows no kilowatts used in months, but don't you worry, we'll have it right as rain in no time!

me, wearing 10 personal fans from the dollar store: Oh, no, it's fine, I promise! I followed that money saving tip you guys included on my bill a few years back! Thank you for the concern though! Now, please leave so I can close the door, you're letting all the cool air out!

meter reader, to self: Damnit, I can't believe we lost another one to that tip! What were they thinking when they published that anyway...

Senior Management

if you save enough power the company has to pay you for the excess.

DeepQantas

Ah, to be a Hero... Keeping such company...
Kinda related. .. When you have an used battery it's not completely empty. Hook up a 40-50 of those bad boys and send the remaining juice back to the grid.

City of Glompton

*scours neighborhood garbage cans for carelessly discarded batteries*

DeepQantas

Oh, you can buy them in packages from the grocery store. I go through 14... maybe 15 bags a week. Don't have time to scavenge all that, I got a green energy business to run!

Casio_knight

fire IS electricity??

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
if it's cloudy out and you have solar panels, fear not! Simply build a bonfire on top of your solar panels and enjoy all the free electricity! Windmills not spinning because Mother Nature is holding out on you? Go outside and shout loudly at your windmill and receive the benefits of stress reduction and free energy!

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

DeepQantas

Please don't shout at windmills. Electricity conducts bad vibes which can be dangerous to everyone! See Ghostbusters 2 if you don't believe me

weird

by zen death robot
i tried saving power by using my fireplace instead of electric lights but it just made the air conditioning work twice as hard to make up for it. the power company thought of everything

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

weird

by zen death robot
the power company made a deal with apple and that's why my mac's screen gets brighter when i shut the lights off

----------------

weird

by zen death robot
generations of children have grown up watching the flintstones and no one has noticed that back then they had practically every convenience we do now and without paying the power company a cent ? really ?

----------------

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

weird posted:

generations of children have grown up watching the flintstones and no one has noticed that back then they had practically every convenience we do now and without paying the power company a cent ? really ?

**pulls on string attached to prehistoric parrot's tail**

SQUAWK! "ding dong!" SQUAWK! it's a living...

GEExCEE

weird posted:

the power company made a deal with apple and that's why my mac's screen gets brighter when i shut the lights off

Qwerinty

by zen death robot

City of Glompton posted:

*scours neighborhood garbage cans for carelessly discarded batteries*

----------------

Qwerinty

by zen death robot
buy a huge amount of strandbeest kits, build them into a crude shape of yourself, and put your soul inside it to be forever free of the power company

----------------

Doghouse

I was playing Harvest Moon 64 with this kid who lived on my street and my cows were not doing well and I got so raged up and frustrated that my eyes welled up with tears and my friend was like are you crying dude. Are you crying because of the cows. I didn't understand the feeding mechanic.
One great tip to save money is to stop buying so much food. I've gotten to the point where I never buy food at all. You'd be amazed at the savings!

GEExCEE

Turn off all the lights in your house so when you turn them back on, your eyes will be used to the dark and you won't need to use as many lamps

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM
just live in the trees

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

City of Glompton

GEExCEE posted:

Turn off all the lights in your house so when you turn them back on, your eyes will be used to the dark and you won't need to use as many lamps

I've gone long enough without turning on lamps that I've developed photosensitive eyespots where my eyes used to be.

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
to save batteries in your remote control throw the remote control against the device you with to control remotely. There is a chance you may hit a button on the device making it do whatever function you wish to activate, thereby saving battery power.

see someone with a hearing aid? be a pal and learn how to communicate in semaphore, saving their battery power and impressing your friends with your ability to communicate just like the pirates did!

why drive or even walk when you can just hitch a ride? that's right, simply find someone who is able to carry you, jump onboard, and go where ever they're going! you'll go a lot farther if you massage their neck was they give you a piggyback ride!

cuntman.net

weird posted:

i am he

weird posted:

Lil Cunty

weird posted:

ty crap

ty landy

Lil Cunty

After mastering the no-hassle money saving tips from the power company, I graduated to the intermediate-hassle saving tips and replaced my refrigerator with an ice box. The next tip involves freezing my own ice in a man-made cavern deep underground my home, which promises to be a lot of digging and probably spiders, but what can I say? I'm committed to energy-related savings

ty crap

ty landy

Senior Management

utilize the spiders for energy with tiny wheels and tiny harnesses.

google THIS

every time I walk across the carpet during the winter I make sure I touch an outlet. you need to remember to keep switching hands, though, so you create alternating current

Manifisto

I've been working on lowering the amount of time my refrigerator door stays open. I've set up a dummy refrigerator, filled with replicas of the items in the real one, so I can plan and practice my movements before taking anything in or out. If I can't shave at least ten percent off my time for the maneuver, I just do without. Occasionally eating cereal without milk is a small price to pay for the kind of energy savings we're talking about here.

ty nesamdoom!

City of Glompton

google THIS posted:

every time I walk across the carpet during the winter I make sure I touch an outlet. you need to remember to keep switching hands, though, so you create alternating current

Manifisto posted:

I've been working on lowering the amount of time my refrigerator door stays open. I've set up a dummy refrigerator, filled with replicas of the items in the real one, so I can plan and practice my movements before taking anything in or out. If I can't shave at least ten percent off my time for the maneuver, I just do without. Occasionally eating cereal without milk is a small price to pay for the kind of energy savings we're talking about here.

Qwerinty

by zen death robot
i open my windows in summer to save on cooling costs. i close my windows in the winter to save on heating costs. i put mirrors on the glass to reflect sunlight back into the sun so it will retain its power

----------------

tao of lmao

You can cook most anything with a magnifying glass on a sunny day.

cat_herder

BE GAY
DO CRIME

keep pet cats. use their body heat to warm you at night, so you don't have to turn the heat up.

Miss Psychosis

Go in the other direction - Turn up the dial until you use all the power and then they won't be able to print and send you the bill.

Rodatose

corn, corn, corn

Miss Psychosis posted:

Go in the other direction - Turn up the dial until you use all the power and then they won't be able to print and send you the bill.

yeah, I don't know why anyone would listen to their tips. they're your enemy, they're the ones punishing you every time you use a power. listening to them is giving in to your captor. i mean talk about shockhomes syndrome

Rodatose

corn, corn, corn
I'm in month 4 of total war with the power company. i use a homemade utility lift to hook up abandoned houses to the grid and then run stacks of bulky microwave ovens for hours straight

City of Glompton

Rodatose posted:

I'm in month 4 of total war with the power company. i use a homemade utility lift to hook up abandoned houses to the grid and then run stacks of bulky microwave ovens for hours straight

haha

fema crisis actor

bweee-ooo-eee-ooo-eee-ooo
power company said unplug stuff while i'm not using them to save power, jokes on them im not plugging them back in

im gonna plug in some solar panels, watch the meter run backwards and wait on that sweet mailbox money

ty bacalou!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darkman Fanpage

fema crisis actor posted:

power company said unplug stuff while i'm not using them to save power, jokes on them im not plugging them back in

im gonna plug in some solar panels, watch the meter run backwards and wait on that sweet mailbox money

the power thugs will be round to smash your magic money glass in no time beware

• Locked thread