Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Norse Code
Mar 10, 2007

DON'T AWOO - $350 PENALTY

Holy poo poo, that Vikings touchdown by McKinnon just now... :stare:

Can I get a gif of it? It's like he willed his knee upwards against gravity and physics to get in the endzone before going down...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Anyone have a gif from the Boca Raton Bowl where the Toledo center couldn't grip the ball and the QB had him and one of the guards just swap spots for the snap?

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

You can't do that... right?

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

wa27 posted:

You can't do that... right?

I feel like I remember the officials going all "you've gotta be loving kidding me" as they flagged and announced the penalty

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

Epi Lepi posted:

If you listen to the worst fans, this means he's an excellent leader and will force his will on the team causing them to win.

Or maybe he's a stupid baby. I don't know. I wish we hadn't drafted a rapist, but right now I wish Lovie Smith was able to instill some discipline in the team more. And teach them how to tackle. And also be a better play caller. And not draft rapists.

gently caress Lovie.

So in your opinion hes just yelling at his teammates because he hates them and not trying to motivate them? Just curious. This seems like the exact "if it was Tom Brady/Aaron Rodgers/Peyton Manning instead of" example

Despite his off the field bs by all accounts Winston actually is a really good teammate locker room guy and leader but im probably one of the "worst fans" I guess

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants

the_american_dream posted:

So in your opinion hes just yelling at his teammates because he hates them and not trying to motivate them? Just curious. This seems like the exact "if it was Tom Brady/Aaron Rodgers/Peyton Manning instead of" example

Despite his off the field bs by all accounts Winston actually is a really good teammate locker room guy and leader but im probably one of the "worst fans" I guess

I don't think he hates them I think he's just... yelling. I just think that if the difference between you playing well or not is some guy giving you a pep talk then you're probably in the wrong line of work. I just don't believe in the whole motivational speaker thing. It's meaningless snake oil.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Epi Lepi posted:

I don't think he hates them I think he's just... yelling. I just think that if the difference between you playing well or not is some guy giving you a pep talk then you're probably in the wrong line of work. I just don't believe in the whole motivational speaker thing. It's meaningless snake oil.

So you think his teammates are lying about his effects in the locker room and organization and are being forced to say they like him?

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love

pillsburysoldier posted:

So you think his teammates are lying about his effects in the locker room and organization and are being forced to say they like him?

There are a bunch of reasons the Bucs are a better team than last year, having a QB who gets loud probably isn't one of them. The team is happy with him, cool, but I think Doug Martin being healthy and in shape, having a better O-Line than last year, and having a real OC has a lot more to do with it. Hell, I'll admit Jameis is a more talented QB than I expected him to be, but if he was quiet like Eli or Flacco, I doubt there'd be any difference in the teams performance this year.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

Epi Lepi posted:

Hell, I'll admit Jameis is a more talented QB than I expected him to be, but if he was quiet like Eli or Flacco, I doubt there'd be any difference in the teams performance this year.

So then what is the problem? Like someone said, if Tom Brady was yelling at his players (which there is definitely footage of but I don't feel like going to get it), it wouldn't be seen as anything other than stern leadership. But since Winston has a checkered past, it's him "just yelling."

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
My problem is with people who think that him being passionate is why the offense has been playing well and say, Gerald McCoy and Lavonte David not acting like that is why the defense has been playing poorly.

Cole posted:

So then what is the problem? Like someone said, if Tom Brady was yelling at his players (which there is definitely footage of but I don't feel like going to get it), it wouldn't be seen as anything other than stern leadership. But since Winston has a checkered past, it's him "just yelling."

I never said that. Tom Brady is also a big talented baby. I just don't think how much you yell has anything to do with leadership.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

Epi Lepi posted:

My problem is with people who think that him being passionate is why the offense has been playing well and say, Gerald McCoy and Lavonte David not acting like that is why the defense has been playing poorly.

I never said that. Tom Brady is also a big talented baby. I just don't think how much you yell has anything to do with leadership.

The defense is bad because they are undisciplined and can't tackle. On paper they should be better, so I blame the coaching staff. But if you don't think Jameis is a big reason why the offense has improved, whether or not you like his yelling, then you aren't watching correctly. The play calling has been suspect on the offensive side, but the performance of the players leaves a lot to hope for.

When your team performs poorly, I'll take a yelling QB over an aloof QB any day of the week.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Cole posted:

The defense is bad because they are undisciplined and can't tackle. On paper they should be better, so I blame the coaching staff. But if you don't think Jameis is a big reason why the offense has improved, whether or not you like his yelling, then you aren't watching correctly. The play calling has been suspect on the offensive side, but the performance of the players leaves a lot to hope for.

When your team performs poorly, I'll take a yelling QB over an aloof QB any day of the week.

Plus the oline only started turning around when they started playing 6 offensive linemen on the line so he had time to take more than 3 step drops. Its still a pretty garbage unit.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

I smell a dog whistle

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

ZenVulgarity posted:

I smell a dog whistle

To be fair, those were the comments about him being 'lazy,' 'dumb,' 'not serious about football.' One could say he's not self-aware enough, but he's not exactly dumb.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

ZenVulgarity posted:

I smell a dog whistle

Synesthesia is a bitch.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

whypick1 posted:

Synesthesia is a bitch.

Well you certainly can't hear them

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Sorry for cellphone video of TV, but my PVR happened to catch this.

https://youtu.be/07OjDHLJgJ0

Strahan's reaction :allears:

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

:swoon:

https://gfycat.com/ThoughtfulExcitableEasternglasslizard

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....
Does any one know where I can get some gifs of sad RG3 they kept showing after the Saturday night Redskins game?

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
Clay Matthews is apparently 13 years old.

http://gfycat.com/LimpingMediumBrontosaurus

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

:iamafag:

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

WHOOPS posted:

this rules gently caress the haters

bobby2times
Jan 9, 2010

Fitzmagic doin magic tricks. Pulling wins out of thin air.

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

A broken man for your future emptyquoting needs.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

WHOOPS posted:

What happened on the next play? Shouldn't have pissed off Palmer.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Grey Fox posted:

A broken man for your future emptyquoting needs.

Hehehehe

What does he feel the need to keep checking up on the board?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Chilichimp posted:

Hehehehe

Maybe they're showing all the various sausage-based combo meals available for purchase in Detroit.

unl33t
Feb 21, 2004

Chilichimp posted:

Hehehehe

I like to think it's the Texans/Titans score that's also on the crawl in the gif. I imagine the thought process is something like this:

-At least I'm not coaching in that game

-Wait, is that the Texans handing out that beat down?

-Wait, wait-isn't Brandon Weeden starting for them? Maybe they've got someone else playing now...

-No, it's still Weeden.

-Well, I officially give up on pretending I know a drat thing about the NFL (shakes head).

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Chilichimp posted:

Hehehehe

You know when you're kind of hungry late at night and you go check the fridge and there's nothing there so you close the door and walk away for a minute and then go back and open the door hoping there's somehow something else in there now?

Also he keeps looking at the field very seriously, as well.

TyroneGoldstein
Mar 30, 2005

pyromance
Sep 25, 2006
That play was insane to watch because you're kind of just watching a big man run with the ball and see him throw someone down like they don't even exist and kind of laugh. Then, you realize that was Eddie Lacey, and Fat Eddie just got thrown around like a punter or something on a return.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

I don't know what Fitz is doing but I like it.

Butler isn't even particularly small but he looks tiny here compared to Decker.

TyroneGoldstein
Mar 30, 2005

Ozu posted:

That guy etching himself in SB history is still absolutely amazing to me.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

TyroneGoldstein posted:

That guy etching himself in SB history is still absolutely amazing to me.

The Seahawks not running the ball is still absolutely amazing to me.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love

Ozu posted:

My first regular season football game ever (went to a preseason game this year as well) was the Jets-Jags game earlier this year and I was astounded how big Decker really is.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Jesus Christ, Decker is only 28...

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Is there a better gif of this? https://vine.co/v/iKrTWgrtMnV

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

No GIF, sorry. But HD video beats crappy cell phone Vines any day of the week.

http://video.nfl.com/films/2015/GAME_HIGHLIGHT/in-game-highlight/NFLCOM/REG/15/151220_car_panthers_cam_sideline_int_373577_5000k.mp4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010
God, Cam is like an adult child man. And I approve.

• Locked thread