Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Syves
Dec 10, 2007
50% Entertainment By Volume. Guaranteed!
Pillbug

cobalt impurity posted:

Where's my zebra stripe? Or national flags with crying eagle livery? :911:

If they made dazzle camo for every ship I would be much happier with whatever fun they ruin for me elsewhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Syves
Dec 10, 2007
Pillbug
They supposedly updated the VR support in 1.5, right? Am I safe finally to update my rift drivers from something like .5 to something newer?

Syves
Dec 10, 2007
Pillbug

NRVNQSR posted:

Yes and no? Officially Elite 1.5 still only supports the 0.5 Oculus SDK. It adds support for playing with Valve's SteamVR runtime, though, and Valve maintain (somewhat buggy) support for 0.8 in that. Some people have reported that it works as well as or better than 0.5, so as long as you make sure you can roll back there should be no reason not to try it. Also SteamVR is updated pretty frequently, so hopefully the big bugs some people have seen - incorrect refresh rates and black borders on position resets - should be fixed Soon*.

* - Valve Time

Hmm... well, maybe I'll give it a shot this weekend. See if its any different. Despite the loving atrocity of trying to navigate anywhere in the galaxy map with the rift on... its seriously the only way I can play anymore. TrackIR is good... but its not "Holy poo poo, I'm actually in grainy screendoor space right now".

Syves
Dec 10, 2007
Pillbug

Plek posted:

Neat. I thought iron was still fusible, but stars aren't really my thing. Whatever the hell that is, though, shouldn't be classified as a planet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZW3aV7U-aik

Probably shouldn't be a planet... but just more proof space is cool.

Syves
Dec 10, 2007
Pillbug
Go to a low RES and just start shooting miners. Eventually the cops will get called.

Syves
Dec 10, 2007
Pillbug

Appropriate URL name too...if you were in a Cobra.

Syves
Dec 10, 2007
Pillbug
Relevant? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYPtigdFxnA

This was everyone. Just take it easy. There isn't a rush to land (well, there is a timer, but its pretty forgiving). Also, use some of the control setups already linked, something will click and it will be a cakewalk eventually.

If you need extra bubblewrap when learning, don't forget to put extra energy to sys. The more pips it has, the harder the shields deflect.

I've been playing since beta, and I have upgraded to a hotas since. A decent one can be had for about 40 bucks. Anyrate, I'm still rubbing my ship around on the landing platform like a beached whale because once you've gotten it down, its just funny and faster.

Syves
Dec 10, 2007
Pillbug

Einbauschrank posted:

The "gameplay" is to hit F5 until the money making fad of the week appears on reddit and then milk it until gets nerfed.

Speaking of... I'm just getting back into the game and am still a space poor. What IS the current money making fad?

Well, not too poor, I have an A-fit Vulture, but I'm 2 explosions away from a sidewinder express.

Syves
Dec 10, 2007
Pillbug

Einbauschrank posted:

Sorry, the last big thing was Massacre Missions in 17 Draconis, butthat has petered out. Nothing new this week, AFAIK!

You had me at butt hat.

Also, drat. Thanks tho.

v- yeah, last I looked there were 3 trade CGs going on? Wouldn't be hard to do some quick jumping around in a cobra or hauler.

Syves fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Nov 22, 2016

Syves
Dec 10, 2007
Pillbug
Feels good to finally get in on one of these paydays. trying to overdo it as much as i can tolerate. I plan on buying big ships and getting them lit up.

Syves
Dec 10, 2007
Pillbug
I've stopped getting jobs at 17 Drac. Is that how they usually axe these types of mad money events?

Syves fucked around with this message at 23:23 on Nov 26, 2016

Syves
Dec 10, 2007
Pillbug
I think what 17 drac had going for it was it had a ground site that spawned skimmers, and it was many lightyears form the nearest habited system, so it couldnt just generate "hey hop a system or two over to deliver this data" or "bring us corn" missions that were fairly short on the jumps. so it mostly spawned just the donate missions and the massacres.

I found a system last night that would spawn a massacre mission once in a while, but the best skimmer site i could find was only 3 skimmers. I know, boo-hoo... but it barely spawned the massacre missions because it mostly just handed out tons of "bring us x" missions from systems next door. Genderi, I think was the system? forget where on the ground and who to take the jobs from. also, the missiles i was firing were glitching into the ground, and missing the skimmers 90% of the time. so lasers might be best for this one.

But i think the best results will come from the habited systems >50ly away from the nearest system?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Syves
Dec 10, 2007
Pillbug
Ok, I wanna get me a shiny corvette, but I'm not rear admiral rank. Niu Hsing sucks right now... i think. The boards there just had a lot of "mine these rocks" jobs I kept taking and then buying from their market and then turning in the mission. So a little rep and a little profit... but not much. The delivery jobs to COL 285 don't exist, in their place are a ton of delivery missions 22,000 LY away in Colonia. No thanks.

Is there anywhere better to grind fed rep right now? Niu Hsing isn't boom right now tho... but it is pending. Should I just tough it out here?

• Locked thread