Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

TorakFade posted:

Agree 100%, I just spent half an hour running around in my SRV, didn't find anything (where are those minerals you supposedly gather to repairs / refuel / craft ammo? Is there a trick to finding stuff planetside?) and had an absolute blast.

Aside, how do you aim with a hotas? Seems like the guns are fixed only but I read somewhere they're actually turret mounted

Were you using that wave scanner on your HUD? That thing is what you use to find resources. It is a passive, always-on scanner that covers the 45 (or so) degree arc your buggy is facing, you just drive towards poo poo on it and the bar slowly narrows as you get closer, once you get close enough, stuff becomes targetable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

I hope they introduce a few other SRV types within a decent time frame.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Yeah, your ship automatically departs into orbit if you drive more than 2 kilometers away from it.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Surprised no one else posted this already.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMma36ot-cw

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Luneshot posted:

Has "any hair longer than a buzz cut" gone the way of the dodo in the future or something?

They're probably working on the hair physics or something. :v:

Also, red suits but not blue? Deplorable. :colbert: Also, I can't wait to buy pilot suit customization from the Elite store (only half sarcastic) including these sweet jackets and some pants to cover my space PJs:

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Icedude posted:

Man I just keep on slamming my Cobra into planets :doh: This thing really needs a computer voice to yell the Terrain alarm at me

I'd settle for a HUD indicator of your current path of travel. Modern aircraft have them, I forget the technical term.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Cao Ni Ma posted:

OK space trucking can be pretty drat relaxing. What early ship should I be gunning for if I want to be a full time space trucker?

Probably Hauler/Adder -> Cobra Mk3 -> Lakon Type-6 -> Imperial Cutter (Clipper? I can't even remember now, the smaller one).

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Nope, Type-7 is a larger hull because its too tall to fit inside medium hangars.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Yeah, those ground defense guns have punch. Pretty sure they're the same kind of turrets mounted on orbital stations and capital ships.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

I think its Maia in the pleiades cluster?

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

lol if you think the Asp has a bad cockpit. Love that trademark Lakon visibility. You can keep your zorgon peterson crapsack view.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Are the Thargoids back yet?

Galaga Galaxian fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Nov 14, 2016

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Rectus posted:

Just crashed ships so far. Frontier have been doing some ARG mystery things, and the next step is probably a live one.

Crashed Thargoid ships? [edit] Just looked up screenshots and huh... for some reason I was expecting something a lot more... polygonal for some stupid reason.

Apple Craft posted:

Frontier has used such a slow burn on this that I don't really think the end result will be good. It's either, "holy poo poo the Thargoids are here and I'm getting killed every 30 seconds." or "what a waste of time, they just added Thargoid engineers."

Holy poo poo, though. Thargoid engineers.

Yeah, I kept expecting these grand events in the past and it just peters out to nothing. EG: "Oh man the Emperor is dead, there is gonna be a civil waaaaaa.... oh I guess not."

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Does sharing parks with friends and your friends' avatars showing up as park guests count?

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

All Pilots Federation members get free weekend passes to Planet Coaster, which, in the Elite Universe, is litteraly a planetary theme park.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Sadly I'm making that up. Giving all Elite owners on Steam a free weekend would be a pretty cool move through.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Wait, Thargoids are in? :stare:

Man, now I might have to actually play this dumb game. But I haven't touched it since before The Engineers update, so it feels like it might be too much :effort:

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Mr. Crow posted:

They're not going to be interactable (e.g. shootable) for months.

*cancels install*

All I've ever wanted from this game was to shoot thargoids. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

I'm surprised people still get upset about Solo mode.

Solo Mode is a good thing BTW.

• Locked thread