Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Emnity
Sep 24, 2009

King of Scotland
Any prime RES systems in Avril Levigne territory?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emnity
Sep 24, 2009

King of Scotland
Not being a computor nerd, is it likely I will be able to run an Oculus or Vive on my M17x Alienware Laptop?

Emnity
Sep 24, 2009

King of Scotland
I've seen and heard of exploration setups in Asps, Haulers, Cobras and Condas..

Anyone have any views or load-outs for an exploration Python, or a bad idea?

Not much on any web-searches for them either. This may be a hint it is a bad idea, but I fancy a change!

Emnity
Sep 24, 2009

King of Scotland
That Arjung Clipper hotsale still a thing?

Emnity
Sep 24, 2009

King of Scotland
So like many of my 'Space Friends' I am keen to make some space-monies in anticipation of all the cool stuff coming out. I currently have an iClipper but not sure how it is set up. Is it suitable for the Robigo run? Can anyone suggest a fitting for said run?

Emnity
Sep 24, 2009

King of Scotland

Annath posted:

What's a good high tech system with a nearby RES so I can kit out a Vulture without being miserable jumping halfway across the Galaxy?

Since Arexe seems to have much fewer kill pirates missions, I'm gonna just hang in RESs and bounty hunt.

I'm also thinking of swapping my Courier back to regular shields instead of BiWeave. The recharge speed really isn't a big enough jump to offset the lower overall strength.

Xihe has good HazREZ on the doorstep of the station

Emnity
Sep 24, 2009

King of Scotland
When I started i got a hauler and outfitted it for mining and headed into Frey. Had a Cobra within a few hours that was well fitted. That was back when mining was far more tedious than it is now.

Emnity
Sep 24, 2009

King of Scotland
What is a 'Discord'?

Emnity
Sep 24, 2009

King of Scotland
Have those CG's paid out already, is is that your current position?

Emnity
Sep 24, 2009

King of Scotland
Is the rank grind for a cutter still terrible?

Emnity
Sep 24, 2009

King of Scotland
Does this work for the chemical Distilleries also? Normally from Combat Aftermath sites.

Emnity
Sep 24, 2009

King of Scotland

Polo-Rican posted:

when is 2.2 dropping anyways? I can't find anything about a release date anywhere (except for "summer 2016" - whoops!)

Just before Star Citizen 1.0. ( I don't take that lame rear end 'Alpha 2.0' bollocks seriously)

Emnity
Sep 24, 2009

King of Scotland
Is there some trick into gettig skimmers to spawn at an outpost. Stacked some missions last night at 2 outposts. First one was fine, when I approached skimmers spawned, none at the second despite reapproaching a few times and shooting some turrets.

Emnity
Sep 24, 2009

King of Scotland

Well yes, I had landed on both occaisons and was zipping around in my SRV. They spawned at the first outpost when I approached.

The second outpost nothing, only defense guns. poo poo a bunch of those and still nothing. Logged out and back in and no change.

Emnity
Sep 24, 2009

King of Scotland

Snaxx posted:

The skimmers at Nobel's Inheritance only spawn if you trespass in your ship.

It took me awhile to figure this out crying in my srv.

Awesome info. Thanks

Emnity
Sep 24, 2009

King of Scotland
So how does the 17 Draconis thing work with the bounties you accrue? How do you dock back up at the station to turn in?

Also is there only 1 faction massacre missions to pick up or will any do?

Emnity
Sep 24, 2009

King of Scotland

Chrysophylax posted:

You kill yourself. You respawn docked and, all hostile statuses degrade to unfriendly and all bounties become dormant.

Any massacre mission (or skimmer kill mission) from any faction that targets the owner of the ground station will do.

Ah ok, so use something small and disposabke then like a viper?

Emnity
Sep 24, 2009

King of Scotland

Astroniomix posted:

No he's definitely doing something wrong, you should not be getting a bounty at all.

To prevent all the nerdgasms going on, I haven't actually done this yet but I saw a video feed of someone doing it and they were picking up numerous bounties, either from damaging the structures and also hitting the ship landed at the site. So it was a curiousity on how my fellow goons were overcoming that particular issue.

Emnity
Sep 24, 2009

King of Scotland

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

Doesn't an "economy" need more than one person?

There is no economy in this game, only personal wealth. There are no exchanges between persons (of any meaningful nature within the game mechanics) to satisfy wants and needs and there is no supply restriction beyond some random arbitrary stock numbers that dont seem to behave rationally.

Emnity
Sep 24, 2009

King of Scotland
What is a 'Super-sampling'? How do I get one or get rid of it to enhance my Oculus Rift VR experience as hinted in this thread in Elite?

Emnity
Sep 24, 2009

King of Scotland

wargames posted:

you set the game resolution higher then your screen.

Ah ok thank you, I will have a look this evening.

Emnity
Sep 24, 2009

King of Scotland

Gothsheep posted:

So what are these 'dirty drives' or whatever that get mentioned from time to time?

Its a bit like dogging, but more satisfying.

Emnity
Sep 24, 2009

King of Scotland
I just think the 84'ers want this game to last them until 2044 when they release the next version.

Emnity
Sep 24, 2009

King of Scotland
That is one crazy discussion that pushes all the 'political correctness' buttons.

Yet I can't look away..

Emnity
Sep 24, 2009

King of Scotland
Ran the sample game with some mayes last week. It isn't bad but there are still a lot of holes to be filled.

The ship combat is interesting, looking forward to see what can be done with other modules and loadouts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emnity
Sep 24, 2009

King of Scotland
So I am just returning, haven't dabbled since 2.2. Are there any decent money making holes at present that can accomodate a limited playtime?

Have a conda fitted for passenger missions at present and I am based at Rhea. New CG's lucrative?

• Locked thread