Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I saw some 1 million credit combat missions (not assassination) before the patch. Could be legit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
That's true

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

It varies but I don't think I've seen over 20 or so units.

It was actually an amazing excuse to get back into a Cobra since I feel like that is the perfect smuggler.

Both diamond back variants are great too

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Cobra is gonna be x10 better for smuggling. Just add cargo, decent fsd, heat sinks if you like
D-back explorer will be good too

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
DF HQ just handed me an 800k smuggling mission

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I think this game just needs way better mission structure and tons more ships. Also cooler signal sources and salvage stuff. All of which Frontier has said is on the way? I just wish that these had been the focus way earlier

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
No he's right about the core gameplay being good. Frontier just needs to focus more on adding stuff to do and diversifying possible goals and gameplay styles. I think they're working toward that, too. Whenever they set a goal or promise they deliver. CQC is good fun and even if you don't buy horizons you'll more than likely have access to the new ships and be able to play in their hopefully redone missions. Power play is just a disappointment personally because it seems poorly thought out and personally not fun.

E: but hey I never ever have to engage in power play either!

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I just want to name my ship

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

So any suggestions on smuggling and not getting caught?

I'm going to be extremely up front with you getting caught is really a non issue. Just don't pay the fines!

In a serious answer though you can use silent running, which isn't totally bullet proof. If someone sees you they can scan you (within a range). Alternatively you can buy heat sink launchers and fire them off while running cold (turning off non essential modules) at 0% heat you're essentially a space rock. I've never been scanned when doing the latter

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

SynthOrange posted:

So I notice that there's a paintjob option in outfitting but it never seems to work. What's up with that?

Gotta buy it!

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Actually big player organized racing in canyons would be dope

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Why are you paying the fines at all

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
They usually give you an alternate drop off point and say they'll pay you like 16k

That being said with the way npcs follow you now you may drop off to tak to a friendly guy but get jumped by 3 unfriendly npcs

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm still one hundred percent sure the melody used in stations is the same song from the age of ultron trailer

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
With 11-12 million you can make Shine's asp that can make the trip without having to refuel

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Starkk posted:

The before/after my latest trip smuggling drugs/slaves/weapons from Sothis. Started playing E:D 5 days ago.

Good god

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Gestalt Intellect posted:

I have 8 space for cargo so I picked it up, IDK what it does.

It sells for like 6k or something

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The witchspace thing is 100% because the servers or game can't deal with people having lots of missions at once. No one ever noticed before because no one took lots of missions lol

FronzelNeekburm posted:

It's all smuggling missions, not normal fetch quests. You can do it.

Might get a little frustrating running from your newfound admirers in a tub, though.

Not true. The smuggling missions pay the most but there are low cargo standard missions that can be worth over a million.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Welp guess I'll play again when the next exploit is out

E: I have enough to fit a type 9

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mike the TV posted:

On a good trade route you can make 2mil per trip in a T9. A couple trips and you have an A-class Vulture. It'd take 500 trips to reach a billion.

Jesus

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Did they really nerf all other smuggling missions too?

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Chrysophylax posted:

I don't know. I bet they did tho, since it's a :frontear: nerf - salting the earth

Oh poo poo people not in their 40's are enjoying the game gently caress!

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Literally Kermit posted:

Hows the view from a type nine and can we cram it full of condors come horizons time

I'm going to be a fuckin space beehive

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Okay now I need a good trade route

That Cegreeth agarla still good?

frank.club fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Oct 19, 2015

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Adder is incredibly cool

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Then why we're all the other non long range missions cut back too?

It's too bad the switching modes exploit wasn't fixed instead of this. Fixing the game's problem instead of just cutting the fun stuff would be cool

frank.club fucked around with this message at 14:16 on Oct 20, 2015

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It's weird reading people say thanks to spite others who were smuggling? That's crazy

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Imagine being given the chance to make lots of money in a video game but instead you decide not to out of principle. But it's a video game.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
They don't spawn

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Look I get that for some people mindless tedium is fun. Hey maybe if FDEV put as much thought into this game as Super Mario World it'd be fun.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Games should be fun.

Sard posted:

You idiot, you missed the opportunity to own me by mentioning the warp whistles in Super Mario Brother 3.

The current hard brakes on smuggling is just temporary anyway, because I'm sure Frontier can balance this properly and quickly. Also yeah I imagine that if this ran on long enough that the galaxy became full of Anacondas, the community would die off as grindlords lose interest and move on to the next thing, and the rest of us would be stuck with crap combat where everyone is in the best thing instead of being able to pick on the weak and stupid and new. Elite's about the journey, which is what Frontier needs to make both entertaining and of reasonable length.

I just don't think they have made that complete. And I get why they freak out hard in the opposite direction when something like this happens. Because people probably get to the end and think 'oh poo poo why did I do all that'. They've got the length part down but the rest is up in the air. I think that A) completely revamping the missions and B) having something to spend credits on other than ships and modules would be great.

Ships as progression is totally cool, they shouldn't be the only form of progression.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Then earning regular cash should be way more interesting. True you no longer have to trade to get cash. I've put time into every single 'path' offered in Elite. They all get boring after a while. Maybe the point is to switch them up? With combat you eventually become a murder machine and the AI doesn't do much in the way of variation. With exploration you eventually realize that planets are just the same textures after a few solar systems (tbf this is getting changed in Horizons regardless of if you bought the dlc). Mining and trading are podcast supplements. There's probably some fun in having an anaconda. That's my current goal anyways and thanks to Sothis it's almost achievable.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Hey man I think the emote is silly too

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Word

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

chaosapiant posted:

I just go to system map and waypoint the planets that look interesting. Is this what you mean?

Yeah you can mark planets in system view

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nope

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Rah! posted:

You need to get to Baron rank. Only four more ranks for you to grind, have fun!

As for pricing, it seems there are just some systems/stations that are cheaper for buying stuff. I got my Anaconda recently for 125 million instead of the full price of 145 million (at Sadi Carnot City, in Beetrix), and I'm not pledged to any faction. The modules at that station are cheaper too, not just the ships.

Oh word.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I have an anaconda. I've beaten the game

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Shut your goddamn mouth they can't pull me back in. Nothing can top the DFS Too Big to Uninstall
I know that the combatconda is a trick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It's only missing a A6 fsd which is turning into a quest to find

• Locked thread