Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Libluini posted:

Did this happen in Jaques? Wow, thanks for the warning, I'll be sure to not look at outfitting as long as I'm docked there.

Yep, I was kinda hoping that the station would be stocked with nice exploration gear but nope.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Libluini posted:

If you can deal with slow-rear end ships, the Cutter works astonishingly well as exploration-ship. If you mod it like hell. Like the Anaconda, you'll just have to learn the drop-maneuver: If you see your target as a hollow ball on your alignment-radar, don't waste time with aligning in supercruise, just drop out, align in normal flight and re-enter supercruise.

Are you for real? What's the jump range on your exploracutter?

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
not bad

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Its average surface temperature is warmer than Earth's, I'd be more concerned about the insane amount of radiation coming from the star

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Ah, I for sure just put in the wrong numbers on google then

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Xeremides posted:

26.51%: Transfer should take at least as long as it would take manually.

These motherfuckers are crazy.

Old people all have brain damage lol

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

TorakFade posted:

I was there, and I am scarred for life. The young season 1 children don't know, but we do and we cannot forget nor forgive. We are the new '84ers.

I still remember breaking my soul on the "seeking drugs" exploit, doing countless steroid runs to get my first Python, back when a 300k profit would appear almost gamebreaking :v:

I also remember 500 credit bounties

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

There's people asking if ships in transit can be pirated/destroyed :cripes:

Dang

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Like, can it at least still happen offline? If I get a ship transfer and log off for the night will it still be in transit?

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
lmao 'grown mans cry' is on the wrong thread title

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
If I were FDEV I'd just make up a bunch of systems on some end of the bubble a spur them there seems easy

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm heading back to the bubble, when I give an engineer exploration data (after I head over to Maia) do I get credits or is it just rep with the person?

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Natsuumi posted:

Both. You're selling exploration data like normal, but doing it at the appropriate engineer will give you engineer rep as well.

Nice

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

FileNotFound posted:

Well - Frontier has confirmed what we have always known. 70% of ED playerbase are too stupid to value their own time:

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/288348-Transfer-Poll-Results

Another British vote ruined by old people

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ratzap posted:

I am old, I am British. I voted instant. You my dear chap, are generalising.

I think they started to vaccinate against whatever cataclysmic brain deterioration leads to enjoying tedium in 1984

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Entering the bubble after a month away and I'm suddenly reminded of a nightmare I had a week ago where I was doing this and got interdicted and killed before I sold my data

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Yolomon Wayne posted:

I never play without an open task manager.

Windows ten decided to tell me elite.exe was taking up too much memory or whatever right as I was flying into Farseer lmao

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I cannot loving believe there isn't a sell all button

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Yes, yes!

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Alehkhs posted:

Heads up: Don't drop out of supercruise while you are in the cone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZwJScrUfF7I

More stuff like this everywhere please

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Omg, don't the betas have massively reduced costs too?

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Helter Skelter posted:

Only for ship purchases.

Oh okay, what're the standard costs the for like, 50lyr

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Look if it can happen while I'm logged off then whatever

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Hahahah but even at the absolute max (50 lyr ish) it's only a difference of 12.5 lyr. And on top of that you've probably already have a route mapped and it's not like you're gonna chain neutron stars forever.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Libluini posted:

Some crazy guy on the forums already mapped out a neutron star road from the bubble to Jaques. Of course with a 25% boost that space highway will actually take longer, but eh, what are details like that worth if you're absolutely mental?

Phenomenal

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

loving yes. Neutron star surfing is gonna be sweet

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Chrysophylax posted:

I think the mission rewards have generally been tweaked downwards across the board in Beta 2.2. For me personally, this is a good thing. :)

???

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

timn posted:

That magical moment when you see an Elite NPC Asp in a CZ, swoop in for what you think is going to be an easy kill, and then find out the hard way he's God's own gift to FA-off maneuvers and railgun marksmanship.

full rail gun asp npcs are no joke man

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Conskill posted:

Your callsign is your first three letters of your name.

oh wow I never would have figured this out

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Jesus

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
There needs to be a rule where broken 40+ year olds can only collectively submit 1 awful tedious idea per patch

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

LCL-Dead posted:

Holy poo poo.

So this guy just posted these replies to some things I said in the Autopilot thread on the :frontear: forums.

I literally laughed so hard that I had to get up and leave the office to compose myself.

Hahahahaha

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

E Equals MC Hammer posted:

Its all about the number of hours you spend before you realise that all of this is pointless and we will all die some day.

driving around on planets is still in to me at least

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

I'm interested in a Frontier game where fun isn't a zero sum game.

They did make RCT3 which was an alright game iirc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Chrysophylax posted:

Guess I should've sourced it

Every post by me either defending insane game suggestions or making them was taken straight from the brown sea.

these people are broken

• Locked thread