Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

New E:D player here. How 'MMO' is E:D in open play compared to say Eve? If I take a mission at spaceport X does that mission disappear from another player's screen or do we each have our own list? If I sell a poo poo ton of unobtanium does that affect the price that someone else gets for unobtanium?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Thanks! Is there a good intro to E:D post somewhere? Looking for a general overview of what is in the game and an idea of how those things interact as a jumping off point to Google for X.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Blind Rasputin posted:

Someone figured out that if you use \n \ on your ship name it creates a line break
https://www.reddit.com/r/EliteDangerous/comments/7zi8wd/til_you_can_have_line_breaks_on_ship_names/?st=JDZE938R&sh=cf065187

I’m uh, going to change all my ship’s names now to
I Ii
II I_

someone who isnt afraid of getting banned should set their name to "\b\b\b\b\b\b\b\b\b\b\b\b\b\b\b\b\b\b". (\bell)

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Rynoto posted:

Go sit at either the beacon or a REZ site in systems with that faction present and they'll eventually show up.

This is one of the most annoying things about E:D Edit: as a new player. There's a bunch of poo poo that fires off after some random number of seconds of sitting at a place, but there's no useful UI to show that you're waiting on top of the quest marker and not just hanging out at some random map element that has no bearing on your mission.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Knifegrab posted:

FYI this patch hosed up throttling down mid-hyperspace jump. So if you are like me and your throttle down to zero during a jump, when you come out of it, you will be at full throttle, so don't get up to go do something while you wait for the next system to pop in.

I haven't played yet post patch but Reddit said that it works if you throttle down during the countdown.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Mike the TV posted:

That is because the Asp is terrible. The Type 9 had a very slight mass reduction, so it will handle a little better than previously. But I never had a problem with it.

I'm liking the Asp Scout as a Road to Riches mule but it is literally my 2nd ship after putting a 2A FSD and surface scanner in my newbie Sidewinder. Everyone says the Asp Explorer is awesome, and I was planning on selling off the Scout for an Explorer once I had the credits to fit one out. I had the credits but I got really drunk and A-fit a Cobra, which I can sell off for now.

Is there a better ship for someone with ~20m credits in liquid/spaceship assets? I didn't sell the Asp Scout so I can go honk a few more Road to Riches runs if I'm right below a useful cutoff.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Au Revoir Shosanna posted:

They'll just say "delta foxtrot sierra".

i have an important question about prefixing my ship name with 420

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

i am glad i will apparently never be able to accrue appreciable money in this game. is it like bitcoin? did i miss the bubble?

i have a viper 3 or whatever and like 100k credits and no idea how to make more.

Grind out the 250k for a Detailed Surface Scanner, do like 3 planets of a Road to Riches run, go back for an Advanced Discovery Scanner because honking as you spiral out from the star is annoying, go back and do more Road to Riches. You get 500-700k per HMC/TWW/ELW, low to high.

E: Also don't be afraid to skip distant planets. I saw a planet on my list last night at 200k Ls. I could spend 10m flying out to it, or I could skip that system and scan 5 planets in that time.

goatsestretchgoals fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Mar 6, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Maybe add a link to http://edtools.ddns.net/expl.php (Road to Riches)

Whoops thought I was in the new thread, posting it there too.

• Locked thread