Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
double riveting
Jul 5, 2013

look at them go

Paradoxish posted:

It feels like they focus on technical aspects of the game over actual gameplay, balance and content design, either because they don't have the talent and capability to do those things well or because they honestly don't realize how important they are.

I look at "realizing how important [game design things] are" as integral to the "talent and capability" part of game design.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

double riveting
Jul 5, 2013

look at them go
What I don't get about the multicrew hype, how is flying one ship with two people going to beat flying two ships with two people?

double riveting
Jul 5, 2013

look at them go

TorakFade posted:

Edit: I see the CH Fighterstick... but isn't that a bit overkill on the hat switches?

No.

double riveting
Jul 5, 2013

look at them go

Adult Sword Owner posted:

(Incidentally it's also a tattoo I want)

You are not alone.

double riveting
Jul 5, 2013

look at them go

Chrysophylax posted:

Idk about the forums but on reddit there are petitions going about reverting these changes. Frustration abounds about merit farming being super slow, and traders being salty about interdictions they can't escape.

People actually asking Frontier to make the game more friendly to a mindless and empty playstyle... That's what you get when you gently caress it up the first time around, Frontier! Now you're stuck with the Stockholmers.

double riveting
Jul 5, 2013

look at them go

Braben did post it to the forum himself.

double riveting
Jul 5, 2013

look at them go

Sekenr posted:

Is it just me or ships and ship effects like thrusters look significantly worse in CQC than in normal game? It is very noticeable when they show you your killer

I read between the lines of a Frontier dev somewhere that CQC uses different graphics code than the main game. Reason appears to be that the main game makes only 30fps on XBone; this way they get CQC to do 60.

In other words, thanks consoles.

Edit: I haven't played CQC, yet, so it might still be just you.
Edit2: The main game makes only 30fps on my PC as well, ofc, so I should not complain. Maybe it's even dynamic - do you have a "good rig" (as in, actually good)?

double riveting fucked around with this message at 16:08 on Oct 9, 2015

double riveting
Jul 5, 2013

look at them go
Of course none of this rightful bashing (that kind of comment is why they don't show stuff, after all) means that planets won't look boring and exactly alike when they come out and for at least a year after.

double riveting
Jul 5, 2013

look at them go

Gonkish posted:

Any idea when we'll be getting 1.5 yet? I know "Holiday 2015" but that's a wide berth. They haven't said anything more specific, have they?

I'm assuming the day before Christmas.

double riveting
Jul 5, 2013

look at them go

That's a loving great video.

double riveting
Jul 5, 2013

look at them go

xiansi posted:

Guy goes out exploring, runs out of fuel, calls the Fuel Rats, makes song about it:

https://soundcloud.com/elementz_360/hotel-dalgarno-fuel-rats-parody-of-hotel-california

This is really good.

:vince:

double riveting
Jul 5, 2013

look at them go
Also, fdev, you can't make us (or your own devs) call it an SRV!

It's a booggy. :)

double riveting
Jul 5, 2013

look at them go
Space Romneys.
https://www.frontierstore.net/game-extras/elite-dangerous-game-extras/gold-anaconda.html

double riveting
Jul 5, 2013

look at them go
Are the demand levels on the Kooshpoosh market still tanked or did they fix it? Is this CG worth doing money wise?

double riveting
Jul 5, 2013

look at them go

AndroidHub posted:

Right now I think copper is the only thing you trade at a loss, but the prices aren't particularly good for anything else, nothing is in demand, etc. Copper is where it is because there is a nearly endless supply at a station 2ly away in WOLF 318.

These are the metal prices right now.

I will say it's probably worth getting at least one load of metal there, since it's just about to tier 5, and tier 4 gives you 1.5mil for the lowest level of participation. Tier 5 is also halfway to the max at 20million tons.

Thanks a lot, friend. :hfive:

double riveting
Jul 5, 2013

look at them go

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Here's my Horizons review: It's more of the same, if that excites you buy it; if not then don't.

Thanks, that's what I came here for. See you next update, I think.

double riveting
Jul 5, 2013

look at them go

Chrysophylax posted:

Consider that Jacques being found ruined whatever plans Frontier had for it

Worth noting that it was found by means of a typical Frontier bug. If I recall correctly, the star map magically knew that the system suddenly had a "population" and some guy randomly noticed the big bright dot in the middle of nothing.

Emergent gameplay!

double riveting
Jul 5, 2013

look at them go

Trustworthy posted:

Don't look at me, man, I can't help that many people are saying instantaneous ship repair is an immersion-killer

Look, I agree that "oh hey, my entire fleet can teleport" is absolutely horrible from a suspension of disbelief standpoint, for people who care about such things in video games. A lot apparently don't but neither of these things mean anything much; they are facts to be recognized.

It is quite annoying from a gameplay standpoint, though, to find, oh, you want to do some thing today but can't because you didn't think of that earlier and prepared for this thing you just now decided to do.

So consider this: The teleport-my-ship button, as a gameplay device, is a time machine. It makes your fictional character have sent the ship on its way in the fictional past, because, other than the real-world player, they were planning ahead. For consistency, they could calculate the time of departure and deny the teleport if you've used the ship since then.

double riveting
Jul 5, 2013

look at them go

Paramemetic posted:

The removal of single player was very transparently a DRM thing but the bullshit reason provided was that computers wouldn't be able to handle it without dedicating gigs to it.

I think you're all wrong. It was clearly a case of "oh, OH, we had the intern implement this and he made it a web service. -- how would we even... aah gently caress"

double riveting
Jul 5, 2013

look at them go

"If you find all the data entries... oops - did I just say I knew how many there were? Forget about that! This is totally new and I really need a capable pilot like you to go out and find however many data entries which I know absolutely nothing about. Now go with haste!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

double riveting
Jul 5, 2013

look at them go
So how's the patch?

• Locked thread