Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Any good locations near bacon city for finding bounties? I've checked out the nav beacon but I can't find much else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Shine posted:

I take breaks from mining to smuggle with my Asp. The jump range is like 30, so it takes just a few minutes to run those for $300-$600k. Though I'm tempted to slap together a dedicated smuggling Cobra (like so) for that stuff because the Asp handles like a big stupid blimp and I kinda hate using it for anything but mining.

What do you use for mining? I'm thinking of trying it out. I have a tricked out asp for long range rare trading and a vulture to shoot mans. I'm not sure what ship to go for after the vulture for killing.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Adult Sword Owner posted:

So get there, cheese the mission resets to fill up my log and hold, then get back to civilization and drop it all off?

How do you cheese the bulletin board missions? Just log in and out? I want to try this Sothis thing out with my Asp.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Helter Skelter posted:

You can clear 20m/hour or more in an Asp without a ton of difficulty, it just takes a larger up-front time investment stacking a bunch of missions.

I think the only thing that's come close to this in terms of rapid profit potential is the old Seeking Luxuries shenanigans.

I sat in Sothis for about 15-20 mins before I got bored of refreshing and headed out with roughly 15 million worth of smuggled goods. My Asp has a good 80t of space and enough fuel to deliver everything without having to scoop or stop. It was actually fun, and felt like how smuggling should be, barring the mission stacking cheese.

I was Merchant rank when I started so I had to pass up on a juicy 7.6 million smuggle job which made me sad. Made it to Broker so hopefully I won't miss a good one like that again too often.

clone on the phone fucked around with this message at 11:32 on Oct 16, 2015

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

I got 8m credits for a single space weed smuggling mission from Sothis. poo poo is bananas. I've done two runs now and that's just shy of 40m credits.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

I don't mind smuggling being more dangerous but I was bringing some goods into port while silent runningand a scan started on me so I hit chaff and popped a heatsink and the scan still got through. Should that happen?

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

chaosapiant posted:

Yes. There is no 100 percent way to avoid scanning. Afaik, getting into the mail slot before the scan is complete is the only way really, and the rest just mitigates the risk.

If they changed it so you lose your cargo or worse your ship, if you get scanned then they will have to change that. However a 60k fine in a system I barely pass through on an 8m mission doesn't really worry me.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Fines become bounties when they expire so the cops might give some grief but that'd be it.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

I have an asp and a vulture fitted out and 70m left from Sothis. Not sure what to aim for next. I like rares, smuggling, and fighting round the worlds.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

How's the FAS vs. the IC? They both have the same hardpoints but I have no idea about handling. I just like the look of the FAS.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Picked up a paint job for my asp and then took my new courier for a test drive, gently caress this game looks good.

(expand for huge)

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

You should just be able to do some kind of controlled reboot that makes you not be able to move or do anything for like x time and then come back with everything on minimum charge but online.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

The Cutter is a Type 9 that can go fast.

Love my python, hated the clipper. Looks like it's corvette all the way for me.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

StarkRavingMad posted:

One change I've made to that method: I totally ditched picking up cargo deliveries and only grab data deliveries, and keep my cargo bay totally empty (jettison or sell anything you get as mission rewards). When I had like 15-20 cargo delivery missions to run between those two systems I was getting interdicted every 30 seconds. You can easily fill up your mission log with only data deliveries if you're hitting all three stops in Wu and the planet as well as the station in HIP, sometimes maybe swapping to solo/open real quick to refresh the board if your missions are low. If you've got nothing in cargo, your only interdictions are the very rare mission NPC or random rear end in a top hat. Not that interdictions are a real threat, but they slow the process down. Since this takes SO loving LONG, when I'm rep grinding all I care about is speed of the rep gain and not money or trade rank, and having the minimum amount of interdictions is the main way I've found to keep things moving. Rep rewards for cargo or data deliveries on these one hop jobs seem to be the same. And as a side effect, you can use a small cheap fast ship if you like instead of needing to be fitted for cargo.

Something like this but for the Feds would be amazing.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

mystery implemented but they forgot to put in one crucial step, again. Again.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

God drat gonna dust off the gunship so hard when that patch is out.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

I've been dying for little fighters to dock on my ship. I hope we can put paint jobs on them.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

So the last time I did the federal rep grind was on the old mission boards doing donation missions in tun. I wanted to grab the last few ranks for the corvette so I hit up tun since I have good standing and filled up on data courier missions and got about 10% rep for an hour's work.

Is there a faster way to do it or is that about the pace I can expect now?

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

frank.club posted:

to me what gets me immersed in a game is it being fun to play

This is it.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

What is with people trying to police how others play a video game? :allears:

Umm excuse me but I see you might be having fun but you're not playing the same way as me? You're going to have to cut that out asap and play the way I play. It's the only way to have fun dont you know?

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Offtopic:

Hello CapnBry, I like your blog and still use your mob finder for daoc sometimes.

Ontopic:

I really dislike flying the Anaconda due to its size, so I sold it and went back to a python and some other smaller, nippier ships. I'm kinda slowly grinding up the last couple ranks for the corvette but I'm worried I will hate it like the Conda. Anyone have a first-hand comparison?

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

mpyro posted:

What did you dislike about the Conda? The Vette is large like the Conda, turns better, better huge gun placement. Still slow in normal space like the Conda.

The general hugeness of it, and the placement of the cockpit were the two main issues.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

mpyro posted:

The Vette is the same cockpit placement and about the same size.

I think I might save myself the trouble if that's the case!

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Where's a good place in the bubble to sell 600 tonnes of literal poo poo from Sothis? I haven't tried that before.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Bumbler posted:

The poo poo all comes from delivery missions, so no selling involved.

Oh OK. I've done plenty of Sothis runs before but never focused on biowaste. I'll have to take a peek.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

I hate scooping and avoid it with extra fuel tanks whenever possible on those long hauls.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Slashrat posted:

35-40 million per sothis run also assumes you are already spacerich enough to afford a ship with both the required cargo capacity and a jump range that won't drive you insane hauling it.

Not to mention all the time you spend scumming the mission board.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Good Dumplings posted:

What is your deal with insisting that your idea of fun is the only way

It's just N4I, he trolls a lot of games' threads. The reactions he gets are his gift to the rest of us.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Crimson Harvest posted:

Is there currently a go-to station for long-haul cargo missions, or am I back to ferrying Imperial Slaves around for a while? I'm like 75% of the way through Tycoon and I'd love to cap that.

Would also like to know. Logged in for the first time since engineers went live and my python is still built for long hauling.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Got my ensign rank today and fitted out a multicannon gunship with a fighter bay. poo poo is legit.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

I got the rank for my FGS mainly through boom courier missions. Should I continue doing that all the way to corvette rank?

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

I love my all multicannon FGS but am tired of having to leave the battle to reload. What would a good energy loadout look like?

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Drone posted:

Also the DBX is a drat pretty-looking space truck. I never really cared for the Asp's looks.

You need your eyes tested

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

What's the best ship for an all missile pve just for fun build?

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

The grind for those faction specific weapons is straight garbage

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Shame on all of you for engaging with grimcreaper. He's just here to troll.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

I would say 2.5 to 3 times the hull without insurance. An A grade fsd is about 150m alone?

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Fojar38 posted:

So I've been rep grinding for the past couple days and am zeroing in on a Federal Corvette.

What have you been doing for rep/rank grinding?

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Mike the TV posted:

The Federal Gunship. After that- the Anaconda.

I love my FGS. The fighter bay is almost cheating to keep the enemy confused while I cut them in half with my MCs in the blink of an eye.

I've been thinking about getting something with range to get around places so I can call my FGS. I was gonna get an Asp E, but then I noticed the dolphin is a lot cheaper and only a slightly smaller jump range. Thinking of just getting the dolphin and going in luxury. This will be purely for going from A-B and I guess maybe honking along the way if I can be bothered. Worth it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Just pretend it's bureaucratric red tape and immerse yourself in it.

• Locked thread