Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mike the TV
Jan 14, 2008

Ninety-nine ninety-nine ninety-nine

Pillbug
Just in case any of you chucklefucks missed this so far:

That's at 5000 units delivered.

Mike the TV fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Aug 29, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

DreadLlama posted:

Bet you someone flushed their ring down the space toilet. That's why they want their poop back.

Space goatman lost his space wedding ring

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mike the TV posted:

Jesus

Mike the TV
Jan 14, 2008

Pillbug

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

I'm the wealthy white man

TomR
Apr 1, 2003
I both own and operate a pirate ship.

KakerMix posted:

Stop rubbing it in!

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

OK, i understand you. I dont know excactly what i was expecting, but after that much hype, done by FD themselves, i would have hoped for at least a little bit more than just another kind of "riddle" , and after that the next, and after that the next.
It's fun once or twice, but we already did this a few times over the course of the last few days. It's getting old by now. And after those Video-Interferences during the Braben Interviews, something innovative, would have been nice.

And don't get me started on the general execution of this by FD. I was on and of the game for the majority of 13 hours today. Did not encounter anything related. Thanks for nothing.

That's it at least for me. Following this thread, or even just refreshing first page of this thread is much more informative and entertaining, than everything i experienced today in game.
Sorry to say so, but that's the truth (at least for me).

Good night, CMDR's .
o7

fantastiqué

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

KakerMix posted:

Hey man, top 25% reward is like a whole 6.5% increase to my current liquid capital.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Helter Skelter posted:

Hey man, top 25% reward is like a whole 6.5% increase to my current liquid capital.

I got some liquid capital for you

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer

Mike the TV posted:

Not to rude, but that 3 Sothis runs.
Top reward is 5 Sothis runs.

Yolomon Wayne fucked around with this message at 08:04 on Aug 29, 2016

El Pollo Blanco
Jun 12, 2013

by sebmojo

Yolomon Wayne posted:

Can you actually make 138mil creds in well under an hour from Sothis runs?

Also, the fact you can make 43mil creds from delivering less than 100 tons of cargo from only 16ly away is probably pretty appealing to new players.

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS
35-40 million per sothis run also assumes you are already spacerich enough to afford a ship with both the required cargo capacity and a jump range that won't drive you insane hauling it.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
My empty credit port needs to be filled with your liquid capital.

Thanks for that, btw. Got me from having ~6m credits or so left when I got the ship to 63m when I logged out after three runs. Having the mission interface take 20+ seconds to load is a bitch but afaict that's just :australia:. It's still good cash if you have something else to watch while flipping the board. I'd probably be over 80m if I had figured out earlier that the reason Fastest Route didn't let me jump was refueling after plotting. :downs:

Now that I am making all the money, is there generally a next big trading goal? I thought I'd just get cash for a shooty ship (you know, for the real game) but it turns out I just want to make it rain credits and laugh at the poors. People talk about doing Sothis in Cutters/Anacondas but filling up my 108t hold already takes an hour plus of flipping. Is the next step just doing Sothis runs in a massive boat or is there some other thing people do?

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Slashrat posted:

35-40 million per sothis run also assumes you are already spacerich enough to afford a ship with both the required cargo capacity and a jump range that won't drive you insane hauling it.

Not to mention all the time you spend scumming the mission board.

CapnBry
Jul 15, 2002

I got this goin'
Grimey Drawer

Mike the TV posted:

Too bad I can't buy any Zirconium with all my millions of space bucks! I delivered 1800T over the weekend and got into the top 25% and said that was enough. 370 units per run, 5 runs, 6 interdictions, about an hour and a half total time. The best part about this CG was the number of ships trying to get in and out of the spaceport at once. A line of anacondas and clippers fighting to see who can miss the mailslot the hardest first. Watching people try to dock is my favorite thing in the game.

I heard the LOCAL chatter that there was some sort of something going on, but nothing in-game appeared to back that up. Checked reddit and a bunch of people there were being trolled by other players in game offering obviously fake clues about a mysterious something going on. I didn't look into it any further. If they want to engage players by having special events happening, they really should do a better job of letting people know about it.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
Jumping into a close orbiting binary star system never fails to make your heart miss several beats. Especially when you jump through one of them on entry.

Screw you space.

Bagpuss_UK
May 22, 2001

(NOT BAGPUSS)
:homebrew: :homebrew: :homebrew: :homebrew:

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

IAmTheRad posted:

First contact with aliens would basically amount to "What type of loot can I get from it?" before thargoits get ganked to hell by a speeding type 9 carrying biowaste.

Fixed.

Can't wait to get home to find I was pushed back to Top 99% :lol:

TomR
Apr 1, 2003
I got pushed into top 99% with 902 tons. I only did two runs though so I didn't really waste any time. Also I already have space money.

Trustworthy
Dec 28, 2004

with catte-like thread
upon our prey we steal
poo poo, I was hoping to do a bunch of CG cargo runs this morning.

Oh well, $70M or whatever ain't bad for a few minutes' worth of work last night. :dance:

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

TomR posted:

I was kind of trying to follow this, but not very closely and I really have no idea what's going on.

Apparently the early string of clues led to needing to find a particular trader who would give the next clue. This trader was an Fdev employee actually flying a ship around ingame as a player and giving the clue to anyone who found him amd contacted him. This meant that the clue was only obtainable in Open, since the clue-giver was an actual player, and the only way to know that you needed to be in Open was to see a dev post in the Canonn thread on the brown sea. This meant that all the scientists flying around in Solo and Private were really pissed when they found that out, especially if they didn't see that post and only found out later that their efforts were wasted. And in addition to all the lightly armed scientists and puzzlesolvers flying around in Open in the hunt area, pretty much all the griefer groups were out in force in that area killing helpless scientists...so with all those players in one area, the only way to find the one with the clue was to get really lucky with the matchmaker and get instanced with them. And naturally the first person to find the clue-giver (who apparently started flying around some time before the time given in previous clues) was SDC and promptly blew the guy up. There were apparently even more problems but that's what I've been able to gather so far, having missed the hour or so when it all went down.

I'm out at Jaques anyway so I couldn't participate in any of this, and apparently I missed a 24 hour CG with absurd payouts too? What the gently caress?

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Main Paineframe posted:

I'm out at Jaques anyway so I couldn't participate in any of this, and apparently I missed a 24 hour CG with absurd payouts too? What the gently caress?

It's a 7 day request for trading materials, we're just on the last-ish day and it's steaming towards completion.

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

Bought an Anaconda and did a few Morai runs last night; fell to the top 50% overnight but the payout is still more than I paid for the hull so :toot:

CapnBry
Jul 15, 2002

I got this goin'
Grimey Drawer
Wtf happened? How did someone deliver like a million tons overnight?! I also just checked and I got pushed down to 50% :sadtrombone: Only 138M for an hour an a half work? I am going to go post on the forums about how I only want to play in solo because money isn't worth anything any more and I am starting my own space economy using space bitcoin.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

CapnBry posted:

Wtf happened? How did someone deliver like a million tons overnight?! I also just checked and I got pushed down to 50% :sadtrombone: Only 138M for an hour an a half work? I am going to go post on the forums about how I only want to play in solo because money isn't worth anything any more and I am starting my own space economy using space bitcoin.

Goons ruin everything.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro
This CG went exactly how I thought it would (sorry workfriend who thought Thargoids would appear over the weekend), made even more hilarious by the fact that everybody could have participated in the Warships CG, which wouldn't have done them any good since apparently AUTZ showed up like bosses last night and ruined it for everyone (hax).

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

I have a Type 6 with all of 50 cargohold.

Is there a point in me doing these community events?

TomR
Apr 1, 2003

WMain00 posted:

Yes. You can get in the bottom tier and make a bunch of money.

Tsar Mikey
Nov 30, 2005

When will then be now?

WMain00 posted:

I got 70 million credits for doing about 45 minutes of hauling in my Type 6. I'm fairly new so it was definitely worth it to pad the bank account.

Mike the TV
Jan 14, 2008

Pillbug

WMain00 posted:

You can do some quick module swapping and get your ship up to 104 cargo and still have shields. That'll get you going twice as fast and will make -most- CGs worth your effort, especially if they can help finance your next ship up.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Yolomon Wayne posted:

Not to be rude but how autistic are you? Like Rainman autistic or that lovable scamp from Big Bang Theory autistic?

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

WMain00 posted:

You can literally sign up, shift a ton and get free money by being in the 99%. I think around 500 tons gets you into the top 75% or so.

They don't normally hit top tier, but I've made 20 million or so from doing the bare minimum in a Cobra III, so this time around I threw a big truck at it.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Sultan Tarquin posted:

Jumping into a close orbiting binary star system never fails to make your heart miss several beats. Especially when you jump through one of them on entry.

Screw you space.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1CL-DZ-kd0
:shepicide:

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
230% heat :ohdear:

mpyro
Feb 9, 2003

'Cause I live and breathe this Fillydelphia freedom

Yay for the cg

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Gallant brings heat vents

MisterZimbu
Mar 13, 2006
99% :(

I am now officially the poorest person in the galaxy.

Hopefully this next CG pays billions for 70%. At least the profits from the trade are really good.

Valatar
Sep 26, 2011

A remarkable example of a pathetic species.
Lipstick Apathy
Has anyone tried to reduce a ship's emissions with mods to reach a point where they're effectively in silent running without having to stop venting heat? It seems there are at least a few mods that decrease the heat generation of components and power draw of components to the point that one could smuggle without having to go into silent running or power down everything in the ship.

Mike the TV
Jan 14, 2008

Pillbug

Valatar posted:

Has anyone tried to reduce a ship's emissions with mods to reach a point where they're effectively in silent running without having to stop venting heat? It seems there are at least a few mods that decrease the heat generation of components and power draw of components to the point that one could smuggle without having to go into silent running or power down everything in the ship.

It's not a bad idea to fiddle with and might be a fun build. You would want to start with a Diamondback Scout and mod the power plant to be as efficient as possible, and probably use a size smaller. You would also want Clean Drives. Then mod everything else and hope for a good secondary effect for heat on all of them.

With smuggling it'd still be smart to keep anything that you don't need turned off in the side panel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Not to be rude but how autistic are you? Like Rainman autistic or that lovable scamp from Big Bang Theory autistic?

a sothis run is 30-40 mil average, 50 if youre lucky with rolls. In that screen shot the rank 2 reward was 112 mil i think? 120?

e: it was 115 mil with 5000 units delivered.

Yolomon Wayne fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Aug 29, 2016

• Locked thread