Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Radio Spiricom posted:

angels egg (a true work of real art by the master himself mamoru oshii)
urusei yatsura 2: beautiful dreamer (another movie by oshii, so good that people sent him death threats in the mail)

beautiful dreamer has such a huge place in my heart, and is another great example of death threats being the sign of S Class anime.

I've seen a ton of Oshii films but oddly enough not GitS (I'm the least authentic otaku). A buddy of mine invited me over to watch some GitS at one point but it turned out he was talking about the shows - Apparently he is meh on the films ::yare yare::

Have you read the Oshii/Kon collaboration manga? I wonder if it's good or if it suffers from Super Group Syndrome

Mia Wasikowska fucked around with this message at 06:26 on Sep 17, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Radio Spiricom posted:

aim for the ace (teh movie (gunbuster cribs its general plot outline and name from this))

It's also one of Anno's all time favs so I wanna check it out for that reason alone.

I'd love to see you run some kind of 80s anime event here, I'm sure your knowledge of film theory would give it an interesting dynamic

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

I shoulda known, these things are really taking off. well, good!

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Davincie posted:

we did aim for the ace a month or so ago

Oh yeah? I'll check it out, thanks!

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

lol I wanted to abbreviate it but my brain was thinking "Ghost" and it came out hosed up. but yeah I've been putting it off too long, considering it's such a big deal and it's Oshii. something to cue up after Haruhi ends no doubt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

yeah it was a thing that ran in animage that they never totally finished, rereleased in 1 volume recently. Seraphim something something. what I've heard is very positive but there's a ton of variables that might make it disappointing. probably a lot of people around here have read it