Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

I forgot to cancel my Crunchyroll trial so I'd appreciate a couple more recommendations.

Has there been anything like Code Geass or Death Note (smart MC, lots of plans, etc) released in the last couple of years?

I also want to watch (or read) things that make me cry of happiness/heartwarming like the last episode of My Love Story!! or the episode where Sawako reconciles with Yano and Yoshida (volume 2 of the manga).

Thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

The World God Only Knows has a scheming protagonist. There's an unfortunate gap between the second and third seasons where they just skipped over material, but what's there is great fun.
I remember reading the manga until I caught up with the translations as it hadn't finished yet. I had no idea it had been completed, that's great!

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

Non Non Biyori

This is good and heartwarming but the show is so chill that it doesn't reach the necessary feels to make me cry.

The Devil Tesla posted:

ShiroBako is heartwarming as hell despite tackling some tough stuff. Sound! Euphonium might scratch that itch as well.

Watched ShiroBako and cried when Shizuka recorded her part! Euphonium looks interesting, thanks.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Hi guys, I'm still looking for anime (in Crunchyroll) that'll make me cry out of happiness/heartwarming.

Nate RFB posted:

There were some eps in the new NNB season that, while I wouldn't say hit hard, were certainly emotional resonating.

Thanks! While the first season was too chill to make me cry, the second season episode with Renge and Candy Store got me all teary eyed.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Droyer posted:

My love story

The last episode made me cry!

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Davincie posted:

usagi drop

I remember reading somewhere here that it was awful?

Allarion posted:

Shirobako.

Seen it, cried!

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Hello, I forgot to cancel my Crunchyroll subscription again so I'm looking for more recommendations for anime that'll make me cry of happiness and/or awesome "JUST AS PLANNED" anime.
(Manga works too and doesn't need to be in Crunchyroll as long it's online somewhere)

In the last couple of months I have cried after watching:
- Usagi Drop
- My Love Story!!
- Shirobako
- Non Non Biyori (it was almost too chill though)

I'm planning to watch:
- Euphonium

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

I'm looking for anime made in the last year that'll make me cry of happiness/heartwarming.

I have cried after watching:
- Azumanga Daioh
- Clannad
- CCS (the episode where Sakura breaks her dad's things :negative:)
- Kimi ni Todoke (the fight and reconciliation with her friends :3:)
- Usagi Drop
- My Love Story!!
- Shirobako
- Non Non Biyori (it was almost too chill though)
- Etc

Most recent one:
- Erased

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

fezball posted:

Seconding Ore Monogatari, Lovely Complex is also good.

I think these are the best anime romcoms you can watch.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Has there been any anime as funny as The Daily Lives of Highschool Boys since its release (2012)?

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

I want to cry (of heartwarming), what 2017 anime should I watch?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Ibblebibble posted:

I read Ookami Shounen and it was an extremely good romcom-drama that doesn't overstay its welcome (though I do wish that we got to see a bit more of those 3 doofuses in the future).

That was cute! I'm very surprised that the MC didn't end with Tokujira since I feel like that almost never happens.