Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fezball
Nov 8, 2009

Arc Hammer posted:

Any good series about people who are married or already in longterm relationships? I absently came across a few videos of I Can't Understand Whst My Husband is Saying and I thought it was cute and refreshing. I am so sick to death of teenagers on the cusp of starting relationships since Kaguya Sama has essentially been the anime equivalent of Airplane! and flattened the competition.

Adult relationships preferred with a focus on married life or cohabitation. The next steps after you get your happy ever after MC and best girl make-it-official story. They've come of age and now they have to live like it.

If fractured relationships are ok as well, Black Heaven is about a former heavy metal guitarist turned middle-aged salaryman still dreaming of his his glory days and how that clashes with his family life - especially when he gets caught up with some aliens that need to get his band back together to help them win an interstellar war.

Despite the weird sci-fi main plot a lot of the focus is on the relationship with his wife and how they've grown apart despite them still deeply caring for each other. Kickass soundtrack too!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fezball
Nov 8, 2009

Strange Quark posted:

Okay, people keep mostly recommending stuff I've already seen so here's that list: https://anime.plus/Jaikeis/list,anime

Maybe, I've been thinking about it for a while, but I am kinda biased against the art style. I wouldn't call the Sk8 ending particularly good though; they try to sell the main antagonist's redemption arc in the space of about seven minutes, so it feels very rushed.

Most of the ones I can think of are already on your list, but maybe Megalo Box? The ending of the first season was pretty standard for that kind of show, but I really liked how Nomad wrapped everything up.

fezball
Nov 8, 2009

Jack Trades posted:

Can I get some recommendations for something in vaguely similar style/feel as Black Lagoon? It's one of my absolute favorites that I've watched to death already.
I tried watching Jormungand at some point already but I gave up after a couple of episodes because I found all the characters to be either annoying or boring.

Some of the other stuff I already watched and liked a lot is, Hellsing (both of them), GitS: SAC, Attack on Titan, Psycho-Pass.

— while it doesn’t do action very well, Gungrave is great at the whole criminal underworld character drama that makes Black Lagoon stand out to me (episode 1 kinda sucks though, definitely give it a 3 episode test)
— if you want something more lively, Baccano is great fun, although a fair bit more silly (in a good way) than the stuff you listed
— if you want stylish and over the top weirdos bouncing off each other you can‘t really go wrong with Jojo‘s