Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

unpronounceable
Apr 4, 2010

You mean we still have another game to go through?!
Fallen Rib
I'm having trouble thinking of recommendations for Shirobako for the wiki. I'm just really drawing a blank, and want some help.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

unpronounceable
Apr 4, 2010

Fallen Rib

HenryEx posted:

The only *gatari you should watch is Ore Monogatari

The best *gatari is Doukutsu Monogatari.

unpronounceable
Apr 4, 2010

Fallen Rib

Nate RFB posted:

It's really dumb how it's blocked out on CR for Canadian IPs, though! We can't even watch it on Hulu. But yeah that was such a good one.

unpronounceable
Apr 4, 2010

Fallen Rib

Cake Attack posted:

wait does canada actually have different licensing on CR then America?

I want to say there have been some shows licensed in the US, but not Canada, but I can't remember them right now.

unpronounceable
Apr 4, 2010

Fallen Rib

AlternateNu posted:

PSWG is one of only four shows I feel are better with the English dub. It is basically an Adult Swim show that just happened to be written and animated in Japan.

What are the others? I have a soft spot for good English dubs, so when I hear about them, I usually like checking them out.

unpronounceable
Apr 4, 2010

Fallen Rib
Are any of the Madoka spinoff manga worth reading? I have A Different Story, and I think the general consensus a couple years back was that the others weren't worth it, but a few more have come out since then.

unpronounceable
Apr 4, 2010

Fallen Rib
Have there been any noteworthy dubs released in the past few years? Panty and Stocking is pretty much the best, the Toradora dub is just really solid, and GitS Arise was good, even if Mary Elizabeth McGlynn wasn't voicing the Major. Are there any others that people have found notable? I know Funimation has been turning out a lot with their simuldubs, but I haven't heard much about those one way or the other.

unpronounceable
Apr 4, 2010

Fallen Rib
Thanks for the dub recs. Definitely going to check out Stein's Gate, and I'll probably check out P4 sometime. It'll be a good way to revisit the game, without suffering through the dungeons.

unpronounceable
Apr 4, 2010

Fallen Rib
I'm sure I've missed a lot of the better shows that aired this year since I stopped following the season threads. What are some that I should watch before the AOTY thread goes live? I've mostly just watched cute girls doing cute things.

I have on my list already Re: Zero, Orange, and that Rakugo one. If Iron Blooded Orphans aired this year, that's also on the list.

unpronounceable
Apr 4, 2010

Fallen Rib
Thanks for the input. I'm going to have to cut into my Overwaifu time for anime.

Spiritus Nox posted:

Watch Flip Flappers

Euphonium's second season has also been excellent. They aren't my AOTY candidates, but I've also really enjoyed Amanchu, New Game, and Flying Witch.

I was interested in Flip Flappers before, but I didn't realize it was AOTY material. Those other four are totally my poo poo, and I saw already.

GorfZaplen posted:

Osomatsu-san

Totally forgot about that. *heads off to find the lost episode*

StandardVC10 posted:

You could also try Konosuba, Tanaka-kun is Always Listless, and March comes in like a lion.

Konosuba is now on the list, and I completely missed that March Comes in Like a Lion was Shaft. I already relaxed through Tanaka-kun.

Droyer posted:

Concrete Revolutio
Will check it out.

Ulio posted:

I would recommend Sakamoto Kun and Mob Psycho those were two of my favorites.
I'll check them out, though I wasn't too enthused by the gifs I saw of Sakamoto-kun. Vanilla shounen does basically nothing for me, so I'm gonna skip My Hero Academia.

Srice posted:

Lupin III Part 4.
Do I need to watch other Lupin III stuff before jumping in?

unpronounceable
Apr 4, 2010

Fallen Rib
I don't know what streaming services it's on, if any, but check out Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex. Great show, awesome animation, and a dub I prefer over the original Japanese.

unpronounceable
Apr 4, 2010

Fallen Rib
You'd be hard pressed to find a more engaging drama than The Tatami Galaxy

unpronounceable
Apr 4, 2010

Fallen Rib
Just a reminder that if you're in one of the regions it searches, http://because.moe tells you where you can stream anime.

unpronounceable
Apr 4, 2010

Fallen Rib

PirateDentist posted:

What's your favorite feel good series? That show that after an episode ya just feel nice and warm. :buddy::hf::sun:

Nate RFB posted:

For current shows, Yurucamp, Hakumei & Mikochi.
Very yes.

For a past show, I adore Hidamari Sketch.

unpronounceable
Apr 4, 2010

Fallen Rib

Mentat Radnor posted:

I agree, but it just won't be the same without Yoshinoya sensei. :cry:

Or Marble to do the ED. I really do want to see Matsuri animated though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

unpronounceable
Apr 4, 2010

Fallen Rib

Mikl posted:

Wait what happened to Marble? I googled but couldn't find anything, you're making me worried here :ohdear:

They went on indefinite hiatus a few years ago, and I haven't seen anything about them coming back.