Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL

Jimbot posted:

Is it normal to be on episode 6 of Durarara!! and still be utterly confused? Digging the show but I don't even know what the heck.

Yes, personally I didn't enjoy it as much as Baccano, I gave up around episode 10

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

The World God Only Knows has a scheming protagonist. There's an unfortunate gap between the second and third seasons where they just skipped over material, but what's there is great fun.

For heartwarming, check the single dad manga thread or watch Non Non Biyori.

The World God Only Knows is really great once you get into the Goddesses stuff

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL

mabels big day posted:

Already watching it. I guess I'll say some of what else ive seen and thought was good. Trigun, JoJo, Space Dandy, HxH, samurai champloo, tiger and bunny, devil is a part-timer (it was dubbed so it's normie-approved). Funny action stuff, and I don't know if I like giant robot anime, it never appealed to me.

If you don't know if you like giant robot anime, then take the TTGL test

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL

Jose posted:

what are some good films to watch?

the last i saw was either redline or paprika and i've only seen a few. akira/gits obviously and then jin-roh and spriggan years ago and obviously a bunch of ghibli stuff and probably some more i don't remember

I really liked Patema Inverted and The Place Promised in our Early Days if you're into sappy stuff like me. I'm also the opposite of viggynash and enjoy sipping the Makoto Shinkai kool aid pretty hard so I also really loved The Garden of Words+5cm/second.

Mamoru Hosoda's stuff are great, The Girl Who Leapt Through Time > Wolf Children > Summer Wars IMO

Time of EVE was compiled into a movie with some additional scenes (show was only 6 episodes) and was a great watch if you're interested in Asimov Foundation/iRobot type stuff.

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL

ViggyNash posted:

Personally I think watching ToE one episode at a time is a better experience because it helps to pace things better. The movie just didn't do it for me. But if you do end up liking it and Patema Inverted, check out Yoshiura's previous short movie Pale Cocoon.

I agree on Hosoda, he's a great alternative to Ghibli/Miyazaki stuff. His stuff is a lot less fantasy and much more down to earth.. I don't agree that The Girl Who Leapt Though Time is a better movie than Wolf Children. Almost nothing is a better movie than Wolf Children.

Also, Shinkai is bad. :colbert:

I won't argue on the Hosoda point, Wolf Children was really friggin good.

We must agree to disagree on Shinkai though >:[

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL
he's not wrong

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL

Sharkopath posted:

It's wierd to hold grudges over this dying forum, whoever you are.

I'm also not worthless since I'm the person who started drumming up interest in Keyman again in the first place, love it and wouldn't want to ruin it for new viewers, my apologies to invictus.

who's holding grudges? spades a spade yo