Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011
I'm worried Gurren Lagann mighta ruined most of anime by finishing with two universe sized mechs, powered by sheer willpower, throwing galaxies at each other and firing big bangs. gently caress me if the second movie doesn't take it up another notch.

Does anything else in a similar vein of KEEP PROGRESSING THROUGH SHEER STUBBORNESS compare?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011

Droyer posted:

I don't think there's much that beats TTGL in terms of scale, but scale isn't necessarily an indicator of quality. As others have said, try the gunbuster+diebuster combo.

Sounds like a plan. Just finished Kill la Kill, which was fun and dumb. Gamagoori is the best character.

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011

AnoHito posted:

No Game No Life might qualify, if you don't mind the overall tone being super upbeat rather than serious.

And if you don't mind loving relentless fan service of every female character.

Really pissed me off, way to cast a shadow over a really colourful world.

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011
Well, just watched the 6 episodes of FLCL in one go.

Don't know what took me so long.

Gainax :allears:

I've just watched the 2 episodes of Made in Abyss that are out so far. They haven't actually got to to exploring in the abyss yet, which I assume happens. Going to try and go along for the ride rather than jump into the manga. A

Are there any more complete series to watch? Along the lines of the characters exploring unknown areas/worlds/mysterious holes in the ground.

Real Cool Catfish fucked around with this message at 12:51 on Jul 18, 2017