Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Torquemadras posted:

I'm looking for real spooky anime, guys

I finished Higurashi, and it was pretty good. Looked like garbage, but I was genuinely interested in the story, and I loved all those scenes where everyone is loving crazy and everything goes wrong in the worst way possible. Also - I'm not even sure if this needs to be spoilered, but oh well - I'm a total sucker for time loops. I actually started cheering when they started remembering earlier loops towards the end of the first season, and they just kept topping that in the second. I'm really glad this show wasn't afraid of throwing completely bewildering poo poo at you all the time, only to go back and explain every little thing. Felt very... tidy, almost. This show had that satisfying feeling of completing a puzzle, piece by piece. (It was a loving marker, not a syringe :stare: ) I'm a little disappointed it wasn't as amazingly vile in the end as it was for most of the story - but I guess it's more upbeat after all.

Also watched some of Shiki, and by gawd, do these people have ridiculous anime hair. Feels very much in the same vein as Higurashi, though, and I'm strangely enjoying having dozens of characters introduced at once, only to desperately try to keep track of them while they bounce off of each other and poo poo goes wrong in the worst way possible very fast.

So now I need more horror anime. Looking especially for the sort that gets really mean-spirited towards it characters, and only gets more intense towards it conclusions. Big fan of mystery / puzzle plots, too. The shorter, the better! I'd like to think I'm desensitised towards bad animation, now that I've gone successfully through two seasons of Higurashi and most of Shiki, but, uuuuuuh... not too low-budget would be nice, too.

Spooky animes, please :ghost:

Yamishibai is like 5 minute clips of bad poo poo happening to people, you might like that

I have more manga recs if you'd like those

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU