Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

SexyBlindfold posted:

I don't think the Dungeon Meshi extras (Adventurer's Bible) are easily available as physical copies but y'all should definitely read them somewhere because they're... just great

The Adventurer’s Bible is easily able to be ordered if you can’t find it in a bookstore.

The Daydream Collection, though, never released in English

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

PRADA SLUT posted:

Birdie Wing is p. gay but not like canon gay

Also basically every character of significance is female

It’s about as gay as it can be without it being explicit

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
Skip & Loafer

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
Smoking Behind the Supermarket With You is an extremely slow burn and isn’t finished yet but it’s my favorite ongoing romance (this is excluding Skip & Loafer which I view more as a slice of life with romance than a romance per se)

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Arc Hammer posted:

So my local theater plays some anime films every month and I've taken my friend who hasn't warched very much out to see two movies so far: Cowboy Bebop and then this past week we watched Paprika. He told me he really enjoyed both of them and said that he does want to try and tackle Eva at some point. I figure if he wants to try it I won't stop him but I'd still like to find some more film recommendations to try on him rather than TV series.

He told me that the things he really enjoyed about Paprika and Bebop were the vibes and the animation, which makes me think mood pieces might be a good fit. He's already down to watch Satoshi Kon's other movies if they play at the theater and I fully intend to strap him to a chair and Ludovico Technique him into enjoying Redline. Any other film suggestions based off what he said he likes?

Summer Wars

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Saoshyant posted:

Some of these look cool, and I recognize Vinland Saga of course, it's pretty popular around here. I think I saw some ads for Witch Hat Atelier and said "hey, this artwork is pretty cute, well done". How are the rest of them?

Two seem to be about people who need sign language to get around -- is that reflected in a way it shows either of the authors are legit familiar with the experience?

They’re all pretty dang good op

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
There’s Duel Masters, too

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
Watch Delicious in Dungeon

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

PRADA SLUT posted:

rec me a manga along the lines of:

shuzo oshimi's works (happiness, aku no hana, blood on the tracks, etc)
punpun/eri
scums wish

Sensei’s Pious Lie. It’s about sexual assault and generally society being terrible to women. It’s made by the ex-wife of the guy who made Goodnight Punpun, too

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

AlternateNu posted:

Frieren. The most non-D&D, D&D show currently airing.

Nah, Delicious in Dungeon is the D&D show. Frieren is a Dragon Quest (they’re both good)

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
The whole thing is digitally available, both as ebooks and on the K*Manga app

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
My Brother’s Husband is good but it isn’t a romance

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
What are some good D&D-inspired series that I can use for an endcap at work?

My list so far:
Delicious in Dungeon (sadly the first volume needs a reprint)
Frieren (same)
Record of Lodoss War: The Crown of the Covenant
Slayers light novels
Lazy Dungeon Master
Grimgar of Fantasy and Ash light novels
Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon?
Konosuba: God’s Blessing on This Wonderful World

I know Goblin Slayer technically counts but c’mon. No.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
I read ACCA recently and was a bit disappointed. “Cozy conspiracy thriller” was perhaps not the mood I wanted

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

DearSirXNORMadam posted:

I'm feeling a bit disconnected from MODERNITY lately, so I am trying to see if there's anything cool that came out recently (<10 years) that's in the vein of Utena. Not necessarily magical girl, more leaning on the unhinged gay feminist character drama side of "what even is Utena?"

Like I want the equivalent of pulling a sword out of your girlfriend, but not actually that, because that got done to death. Please and thank you

PS: ideally something that's finished

Gundam: The Witch From Mercury
Brave Bang Bravern!

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
I’ve been read Kiyo in Kyoto: From the Maiko House, which is about a girl living as a housekeeper for a place where they train apprentice geishas. It has an anime and a live action adaptation, too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
Iirc She Loves to Cook, She Loves to Eat also has a live action show