Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Linnaeus posted:

why did netflix remove nhk...

poo poo goes on and off netflix all the time with little to no warning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

aids

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Countblanc posted:

Kurosawa is good but the fantasy scenes make it basically impossible to recommend to anyone.

I don't remember much from Kurosawa, but if it's just a teenage dude having dumb sexual fantasies I don't think it's a big deal, not like the story presents him as anything but a doofus for most of it

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I can't believe the sunrise mecha show that's kept getting spinoffs and a new season is popular

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

It's adapted from another manga by the Aria author, for any fans of that and hosed up cat designs.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Caveat and fair warning; Do not watch the recent Cyborg 009 movie. Go for the 1990's tv series.

Do watch the recent 009 vs Devilman miniseries, however.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

If he's interested in literally power rangers there's a pile of well subbed toku stuff out there, new and old.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

in my experience tons of fate fans somehow manage to enjoy it while actively despising much of the main cast and upwards of 2/3rds of the story

e: that said outside of me being petty I think there's a difference between a shounen fight thing where laid-back character eps are enough of a rare novelty for people to make a big deal of it (the car ep in DBZ, early Super), and the sort of VN where there's hours and hours of talking between fights

Motto fucked around with this message at 04:30 on Nov 10, 2018

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

What are some original/standalone movies people would recommend from the last few years? I had the opportunity to actually go out and see a few (Your Name, Maquia, Liz, Night is Long) when they got theater runs, but I feel like there are probably a lot that slipped my mind between getting announced or received and becoming available in English one way or the other.

Separately, while this is more of an advisement question than a rec request, is the "Aria the __" series still worth watching as an SOL/iyashikei deal, or do the author's later actions cast too much of a weird cloud/read over it.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Thanks for the responses.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Also, I wasn't myself aware of the Kizu production thing until someone told me.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I suddenly feel cheated seeing Nadeko Snake is only two eps after all the doomsaying back in the simul thread.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

the coward OP was going to skip that season anyway

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

the recent one is lukewarm at the absolute best

the one Gorf linked is fantastic though

aw, I'd been interested in trying that one :(

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Maybe you're thinking of Devilman Vs 009? There's def mazinger/devilman, but it's old-rear end Toei mazinger and devilman.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Does it? I had the impression that it was a more of a not-really triangle where Subaru has an unrequited crush on a character, and then another one has the same for him.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I heard SQ was okay in the first cour but tightened up in the second.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

TTGL's most prominent genre commentary is "getter robo is cool, here's our spin on that idea".