Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Giant Robo is good, but it's only kind of mecha.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Though Love Live is pretty popular among women. Less so other idol franchises.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Eela6 posted:

How do you actually watch Patlabor? Is it available for streaming anywhere? I have crunchyroll, amazon, netflix.

It's apparently streaming on the anime network (as are the movies and TV), but I may have watched it less legitimately. You can also just buy discs.

Actually, I think I watched the OVAs streaming on some other legit site that no longer has them, which sucks.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
I suppose it depends on who you're rooting for, and whose good you prioritize.

It's a good movie.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
They're recaps with some new animation & backgrounds, and some cuts that reshape the focus of things a bit. If you're fresh off the show, skip'em, but if it's been a while, they're nice.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Bodacious Space Pirates

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

SM64Guy posted:

Could I get some recommendations for silly fantasy adventure anime? I'm mainly looking for older stuff and not really pure shounen stuff either. My favorite anime is Slayers and the original Dragon Ball is on the list, I also like Konosuba quite a bit but I'm really not looking for MMO stuff, I want a legit fantasy world. Filler doesn't bother me and it doesn't really need an overarching plot or anything either, since I've watched 130~ episodes of Ranma lately and just a problem of the week thing is cool with me too.

I just watched Ruin Explorers, it's just a short 4-episode OVA, but it scratched that itch for me, though it feels pretty cliched now. Another short but fun old OVA (that's on crunchy, as an added benefit) is Dragon Half. The original Tenchi Muyo OVAs, even if they're actually sci-fi, have a similar feel are also real good and funny.

It's not older, but if you haven't seen Chaika, you should see Chaika.

And I haven't seen it yet, so I can't exactly recommend it, but I've been having a similar itch recently, and I was going to check out Louie the Rune Soldier, which seems like it might scratch it.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

there wolf posted:

Can anyone recommend a good anime for young kids, something with a narrative and lots of episodes? We're trying to avoid Pokemon.

Card Captor Sakura, if their reading is at a point where they can read subs.

My understanding is that Glitter Force is kind of a butchering of whichever Precure it's a localization of, but otoh I know young girls who love it, so :shrug:

Actually, I guess that same "who cares if it's butchered if kids like it" logic would apply to the Cardcaptors dub.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Cake Attack posted:

i wanna watch some sort of genre show that doesn't take place in our (modern) world. no slice of life stuff, something plot and character heavy. isekai and technically not isekai but the setting is that same MMO-esque game mechanic drenched medieval fantasy need not apply

12 Kingdoms

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Sorcerous Stabber Orphen.

NOT THE SECOND SEASON

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Also the whole 2nd season is just painfully unfunny

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yes_Cantaloupe