Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
GDI or NOD?
This poll is closed.
GDI 46 20.54%
Nod 57 25.45%
SUFFER!!! 121 54.02%
Total: 224 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012
Aaand the computer died again. It stopped detecting the hard drive.

I swear you jerks cursed this LP.

SugarAddict fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Mar 4, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

I swear I'm innocent.

Also your nod laser mech things looked very interesting and not at all glitchy at the end of mission 3.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

SIGSEGV posted:

Also your nod laser mech things looked very interesting and not at all glitchy at the end of mission 3.

There's an even bigger nod laser mech thingy that is even more glitchy and horrible.

Also I managed to get my computer working again, take out battery and power, wait half an hour, plug everything back in and pray it works.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

I think I can safely predict this fix might not work forever. (So good on you for your more aggressive backup policy.)

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

SIGSEGV posted:

I think I can safely predict this fix might not work forever. (So good on you for your more aggressive backup policy.)

I've narrowed it down to hard drive failure so it's going to be at least another week before another update, assuming I don't have to reinstall everything again.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

I'm so glad they brought back hovercraft and big stompy robots for GDI. Although, the hovercraft need more glowing blue panels. Going even slightly realistic is the biggest mistake this franchise ever made.

Also Black Hand are loving nuts. Yeah, I would like a flame trooper with every rocket squad, thanks.

wiegieman fucked around with this message at 07:37 on Mar 6, 2016

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

quote:

I'm so glad they brought back hovercraft and big stompy robots for GDI. Although, the hovercraft need more glowing blue panels. Going even slightly realistic is the biggest mistake this franchise ever made.

You mean, like C&C1? And Red Alert 1?

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

Bloodly posted:

You mean, like C&C1? And Red Alert 1?

Yeah, it became basically crystalpunk SF with CnC2 and trying to reverse that and make it realistic again made it (in my view) lose some of the fun I had with it.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012
At some point my laptop decided to ignore it's settings to not go to sleep and go to sleep, the hard drive stopped and I haven't been able to get it going again. At this point I am declaring the hard drive and everything on it lost since it did this before I had a chance to go out and buy an external hard drive to back everything up.

Thankfully I still have the rescue CD I got Geek Squad to make when I bought the laptop so I can reinstall the OS, but now I have to get another hard drive and spend a week reinstalling, downloading, and reinstalling everything and finding everything (goodbye saved games).

I now declare this LP on hiatus (gently caress you curse) until I can get my laptop working and resembling something in order. In the future I will backup everything significantly more aggressively so I won't have to start from scratch again.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

So it's only been three times for this LP? I don't know why but I feel like backing up my computer when I get home tonight.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

SugarAddict posted:

At some point my laptop decided to ignore it's settings to not go to sleep and go to sleep, the hard drive stopped and I haven't been able to get it going again. At this point I am declaring the hard drive and everything on it lost since it did this before I had a chance to go out and buy an external hard drive to back everything up.

Thankfully I still have the rescue CD I got Geek Squad to make when I bought the laptop so I can reinstall the OS, but now I have to get another hard drive and spend a week reinstalling, downloading, and reinstalling everything and finding everything (goodbye saved games).

I now declare this LP on hiatus (gently caress you curse) until I can get my laptop working and resembling something in order. In the future I will backup everything significantly more aggressively so I won't have to start from scratch again.

Update, giving up on the laptop, the internal DVD drive suffered mechanical failure and was failing to detect the new hard drive, spent 20 hours working on it and 5 of those with tech support. Not bothering with the 7 year old laptop anymore, time for me to get a new computer.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

Seven years is pretty good for a laptop, good luck on finding a new one that suits your needs. (Always double check that the keyboard has a decent layout and all the keys you want.) (Speaking from experience.)

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

SIGSEGV posted:

Seven years is pretty good for a laptop, good luck on finding a new one that suits your needs. (Always double check that the keyboard has a decent layout and all the keys you want.) (Speaking from experience.)

I'm not going to really bother with a fancy expensive hard to work on laptop that costs 500 bucks just to get someone to look at it, I'm getting something slighty beefier than a chrome book for work and for home and gaming I'm getting a decent desktop computer.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

That works too, my current machine is a pretty cheap machine that I play rather old games on. Just gently caress lovely laptop keyboards that make them hard to work and play on in general you know.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012
Expansion Mission 5:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2i2D3m59dI

Expansion Mission 6:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NsCo5IilRT0

About the Missions:

In Mission 5
In mission 6 I spend time murdering everything for two reasons: I don't want something to come back and hit me in the butt, and I want all my guys to be elites so they regen health and if something unexpected comes like a couple of mammoth tanks I can take them on and win.

Rant:
As it turns out I was screwing around getting the new hard drives to work and though trial and error the ports that the old hard drive and the DVD drive are connected to aren't working. The secondary hard drive bay is the only working non-USB port that the hard drive can connect to, but it took some work getting it to plug in. There isn't much wrong with the hard drive other than it's old and needs to be replaced. I'm going to burn though this expansion as fast as possible before something else happens. I suspect that abusing sleep mode probably broke those ports because sleep mode always has a tendency to break computers one way or another.

/rant.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012
Mission 7:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t09_aO523Js part 1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8k8Almsq8x8 part 2

Mission 8:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXv8QMnWRbI

About Mission 7: I don't get stealth technology during this mission, in retrospect I should have captured the GDI base to the north east so I could have access to air units.

About mission 8: The Nod Redeemer sucks. It has less HP and only 2 upgrade ports to the MARV's 4. The MARV also has enough armor to ignore things like Venom Aircraft. The GDI hammerhead is 2-3 times more powerful than the venom and it has a garrison so it does an utter fuckton more damage. Also of note, the MARV also has access to significantly better weapons including a mini-sonic cannon, this means the only thing the MARV has to worry about is air or getting overwhelmed. Both the MARV and the Redeemer can house engineers, and each engineer give significant self repair capability. Enough to have it up front and tanking everything almost forever. You can see me do this in future missions.

Also I hate it when they take my stealth technology because NOD harvesters don't have any defenses like GDI harvesters do.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012
Mission 9:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFZUlhRQcOQ

Mission 10:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TIOC0uprImk

Mission 11:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MqO-X3VyPo4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5muUSuf06g

About Mission 9: It's entirely possible to save the commando in the beginning by taking out the furthest right one then running down the slope into Temple Prime. GDI will often send air units and commandos against you. It also varies wildly how long it takes for GDI to die.

About Mission 10: Lazer venoms solve almost everything.

About Mission 11: First order of business is to get a redeemer out because it doesn't die in 2 hits like everything else, 2nd order of business is Lazer Venoms. The rest of the mission is just me screwing around. The MARV (that I finally got to build) can fire on the move and as you can see in the video can instantly harvest things. It's literally a super heavy harvester. Also I should say that the GDI AI does not in any way fully utilize what they have. If they did a handful of sonic tanks could probably kill the redeemer.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Getting both a MARV and a Redeemer thanks to taking over opposing production structures seems a little bit broken, but I suppose if you've got enough surplus cash to build multiple superheavies it's all over but the fireworks anyway.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

Glazius posted:

Getting both a MARV and a Redeemer thanks to taking over opposing production structures seems a little bit broken, but I suppose if you've got enough surplus cash to build multiple superheavies it's all over but the fireworks anyway.

I would recommend doing it anyways just to cut down on the amount of poo poo you have to deal with. A superheavy with two repair upgrades you can just plop down somewhere and give it some AA support and it will be fine. Superheavies are one of the few things that don't need to be micromanaged or constantly rebuilt. Especially considering they don't die in two hits.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

I was expecting them to be more in line with SupCom experimentals but they seem nice anyhow. Their default weapons packages seems a bit anemic though, not even an additional flamethrower or machine gun without you having to provide it yourself.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012
Mission 12:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zcm5TS-yvnc

It will be done processing in a few minutes.

About Mission 12: They have guard towers inside their walls which makes it difficult to attack from the ground considering the walls are neutral and thus we have to manually attack them all. I went though a few redeemers this mission.
According to what Kane said ingame, this mission happens after the 3rd tiberium war or something, I don't know.

Also see those new units at the end of the mission? We get them next mission, AND WE WON'T BE USING THEM AT ALL!!!

Why? Because they count as infantry with infantry armor meaning everything kills them and I mean EVERYTHING! and on top of that they don't heal in tiberium, they take damage in tiberium so they aren't true cyborgs.

Next mission is the last mission and we will be holding true to nod tradition because anything on the ground will be very quickly killed by GDI: Lots and lots and lots of venom aircraft

SugarAddict fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Mar 24, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012
Final Nod Mission 13:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Jg9KASfxSc

It will be done processing in a few minutes.

About this mission. GDI will happy destroy the comm centers you capture, and the com centers start out badly damaged so if you gently caress up with AoE attacks (like I did) they will get exploded (don't use artillery around them folks). The reason why I use lots of venom aircraft is because of the constant stream of reinforcements. All reinforcements that come from off map are elite. They often come in groups consisting of sonic tanks and zone troopers, sometimes they also contain aircraft and other vehicles. I was also expecting the possibility of a MARV but apparently the AI is too stupid for that. Also I did build some cyborg infantry in the haste of defending a spot, and I learned cyborgs can be ran over by a Slingshot vehicle.

The timer for the destruction of the Tacitus doesn't begin until the first energy barrier goes down.

http://cnc.wikia.com/wiki/Intelligence_Database for all your intel needs.

SugarAddict fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Mar 24, 2016

• Locked thread