Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

Ive seen one of these (well a HJ45) that the owner had ripped out the 2H diesel and dropped in the 162hp 1HD-T 4.2L turbo diesel into.

It loving FLEW. Although my neighbour owned a FJ47 with a chev 454 in it a few years back now before terminal rust and torque combined in fun and unusual ways.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

follow the gearbox wiring back, the one on the gearbox itself will be your reverse switch, the one on the transfer case will be your 4wd indicator lamp.

I think they are normally open closed to trigger too from memory when I did my hilux build.

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007

Ripoff posted:

This is an obscenely cool truck and you are awesome for restoring it like this.

That said, $249 seems like a screaming deal for an NOS gauge cluster, as long as the quality is there. I honestly think you'd struggle to find individual gauges and build your own for anything close to that.

It is a screaming deal- That wouldn't even cover the cost of my oil pressure/temp gauge SUB ASSEMBLY on my cluster for the 100 series!

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007

If your that worried about chassis corrosion, strip it down to a bare chassis, get it bead blasted to find the dodgy bits, fix them up, then send it off to be acid dipped and hot dip galvanised.

Theres hundreds of those 40 series kicking around australia 50 years after being manufactured on the factory chassis, so its probably a moot point. Tho we dont tend to salt the earth with impunity like you wierdos do...

• Locked thread