Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Xenoverse's custom outfits were awful too and they missed a bunch of gimmes for outfits that were non specific to any characters.

Like, how do you make a Dragon Ball game for custom characters and not include the Cell era Saiyan armour that Gohan, Goku, Trunks and Vegeta all wear?

Xenoverse 1 was a good base and theoretically at least, could be made to be something much better if they listen to fan feedback.

it was really weird how they gave vegeta the armour he at the end of the frieza saga but neglected to give him the one he wore for the entire cell saga.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

I hope someone gives the robot a hug, poor guy. :smith:

Monaghan fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Mar 27, 2016

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

I'm really liking all the fights so far in the tournament arc aren't just solved by punching hard and hitting them with a ki blast. So far the universe 6 fighters require the fighters to get around their gimmick. It looks like Hit will continue that trend. Really though Champa would likely have had this tourney in the bag if he didn't have ring outs.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

It was just a joke as to how often the fights ended in a ring out guys.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Maybe he'll be "blue goku" in the NA release, they'll just recolor him the same way they did for Mr. Popo.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Please let xenoverse 2 be less grindy.

also please make unlocking specials and gear and stuff less dumb.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Baal posted:

Clothes were whatever, but actual moves shouldn't have been locked to a loving rng hell. It becomes really easy to resent the game when you do everything it wants you to perfectly and then it decides "No you don't get this" at an 85% chance for one of the game's most prominent features.

Pretty much. The side missions could be annoying as hell and the fact that the game would randomly decide to give you stuff, even upon fulfilling the conditions. How this made it in the game is baffling.

Edit- it'd honestly prefer a system in which you unlock stuff by playing the story, or some side missions and then you can use in game currency to buy the stuff you want. Problem solved.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

I remember a chart that someone made on 4chan detailing how in dbz fast vegeta and goku became stronger was directly proportional to how far away they were from their wives.

It was pretty convincing tbh.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

super shenron was alright, but he was disappointing compared to how rad the namekian shenron looked.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

I really hope the trunks arc is goofy as gently caress, because I've been enjoying watching my friend constantly complain that super isn't serious enough and that's why she hates it.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Kild posted:

Its cool that Trunks is like this guy murdered everyone including my Mom and Goku is like hahaha he sure seems strong. :downs:

Goku's been like that with every bad guy in dbz.

I mean, he'll try and stop the bad guy from reaching their perfect form or whatever, but once they do, what the hell you might as well enjoy the ride right?

ImpAtom posted:

I'll be honest, I goddamn can't tell SSJ1 and 2 apart except for the electric sparks.

I can tell when goku's going ss2 because his hair has less strands, but with vegeta's its goddamn near impossible.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Rutibex posted:

Goku has never tried to stop anyone from reaching their perfect form. He often encourages it!

Well to be fair with Frieza and Cell, by the time he got there, they were already in their final form. I recall him mentioning that hoped that Cell wouldn't reach his perfect form before going into the time chamber. He also didn't want to fight vegeta so that Buu would be released. Also if we count GT, he did actively try and stop sin shenron from getting all the dragon balls.

He'll let people power up though (though not necessary transform) I'll give you that.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Are there any subs out there that use something other than "humans" whenever the kai's talk about mortal beings? It's just distracting to see this dinosaur man and then having the kai's go "stupid humans"

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

It'd be fine with Bra not showing up because it's not like the final chapter of the dbz manga was that great anyhow. So go ahead and ignore it Toriyama.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

One piece has way too many loving characters and I really don't like the art style at all. Aside from me not being a fan of the character designs it's just way too cluttered.

I remember posts from forever ago, but there was a real good demonstration as to how Toriyama was fantastic at pacing and layout when he did the DBZ manga. It's like the exact opposite of one piece.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

I tried X1 but I just found the combat frustrating and boring.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

So apparently Sean sean schemmel decided to leave twitter for a bit since he got so sick of people asking him when he was going to dub super. Fans can be a little dumb sometimes.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Dias posted:

Freeza is more of the "refined" nature, him being svelte and delicate never really came across as queer to me, just as royal superiority - the PT-BR dub voice for him helps that impression tho, it's quite baritone. His few demonstrations of power are very effortless, literal finger-pointing so stuff happens. The whole delicate nobility thing tends to contrast well with evil and their inevitable anger explosion too, as Freeza also demonstrates quite well.

Yeah Frieza really works as a villain since he's almost the exact opposite of goku. Frieza's a cruel, verbose powerful tyrant who runs an intergalactic empire. He also refuses to train or work at anything since he doesn't need to. Contrast that with goku the good hearted, but sorta dumb, farmer who constantly works his rear end off.

While I like Cell saga better, It's not hard to understand why Frieza has stuck around as the premier DBZ baddie.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

So I'm guessing that The super dragon balls are more powerful than beerus, since Zamatsu wished for a perfect immortal body. That's probably why Beerus destroying past Zamatsu didn't work.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

projecthalaxy posted:

Gogeta exists in the most important place, the hearts and minds of all the children

gogeta also exists in the hearts and mind of every dbz fanfic author.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

sassassin posted:

Beerus has killed more innocent people than Zamasu so this whole arc is taking another turn for the horrific.

Beerus has killed innocent people, but Zamasu plan is "kill everyone" so lesser of two evils I guess.

Also Beerus is more like a cosmic force, he's kinda like galactus in the marvel universe.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

sassassin posted:

Whoever decided that destroying planets is okay is wrong, too. The "just following orders" excuse doesn't fly.

take it up with the king of all I guess.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

What the, they were at like 44% when I checked their website like 2 days ago :psyduck:

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Negrostrike posted:

Doesn't Trunks have a long hair during the Cell Games? Not only did the animators draw like rear end but they forgot even that or did Trunks go in the chamber again?

he goes in the chamber again.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Chickenfrogman posted:

Kai is a million times better then DBZ and it's not even a contest.

this guy right here gets it.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Kai length is just fine. They don't skip over anything from the manga.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Okay I'm wondering how they are going to get around not using Mafuba every time they fight.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

I don't know how the guy reacted but man am I glad crunchyroll changed that since it makes way more sense and is far less annoying to read.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Zamatsu hates more than just humans. We have all those scenes with him grumbling at those dinosaur cavemen dudes and wanting to wipe them out.

I guess the word they could use is "beings" because Zamatsu seems to at the very least, hate all races that have sentience. There's just no convenient one word translation that could be used and I think mortals comes way closer than humans ever did.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

This bullet thing reminds me of klk when they had the life fibre bullet that showed up for one episode and was never used. Fans speculated about that drat bullet for the rest of the show.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Momomo posted:

Guess that means there's no real hope of getting Trunks' new form then. You'd think Toei would be really close to the devs this time, since they have a brand new series with a highly acclaimed game soon to release.

then again you'd think toei wouldn't cheap out so hard with the DBZ super animation considering it's the most popular anime franchise in the world, but there you go.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Did they at least fix the horrible grinding that the first game had?

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

I remember the fight in super 17 being hella dumb since super 17 survives a fight with ss4 goku yet, base kid goku beats him by doing a dragon punch through his stomach.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Oh man that brings me back. I remember being super bummed when I was 5 and I thought the green ranger was going beat all the power rangers. :v:

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Gogeta had the cool sparkly ball move and I remember the dub adding the megaman x buster charging sound to his kicks, so he's alright.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Well I guess funimation finally came out and said it :

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2016/11/04/funimation-gets-dragon-ball-super-is-working-on-english-dub

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Frieza probably came back since he's far and away the most popular dbz villain and toei and toriyama like money.

It's a pretty solid arc, but I think the tournament arc is far better. It really expands the scope of dbz.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

I just found bardock a way more interesting character when he was more of a dick, but later series really tried to turn him into a good guy.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

I'm fine with how the arc ended(?) because it's completely fitting with all the themes of the Zamatsu arc.

I couldn't care less about power levels or whatever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

vegetto's a fun character but jesus the amount of whining from fans about the new limit to the protora fusion and how he was "disrespected" is loving ridiculous.

• Locked thread