Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Goten and Trunks have it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
What's Tarble?

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

RBX posted:

If you were a Sayian would you want to bring the rest of those savages back?

On the other hand Bulma queen of the Sayains

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

That would make DragonBall so much weirder

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

ImpAtom posted:

Time for the bi-annualy "could Goku survive a nuclear weapon" conversation

Explosion yes. Radiation probably not.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

a cartoon duck posted:

Kinda makes me wonder what the reaction to Goten and Trunks just pulling out super saiyan like it's no big deal, and then later mastering super saiyan 3 like it's the easiest thing in the world back when it was happening.

They aren't women so probably

bowmore posted:

"wow that's cool"

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Junpei Hyde posted:

Yeah, I meant to put quotemarks around it, but to some people it's subtext until they kiss onscreen because a lot of people are horribly dense.

Ahh yes the Legend Of Korea effect. Where they did everything but kiss and you had peiple think they were just friends with no "gay" stuff.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

I disagree but don't feel like getting into it in this here sacred DBZ thread all I'll say is

Seasons 3 and 4 of Korra were great.

First two seasons were rough I'll admit though.

Also lmao at implying the writers made them bi because critism.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Momomo posted:

He didn't even asspull the Mafuba, Bulma literally recorded Piccolo doing it.

Thinking about it, why did Piccolo even know that? Did he use it in DB for whatever reason?

Learned memory from his dad?

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

TFRazorsaw posted:

I mean.

Piccolo saw it being used several times.

edit - also what everyone else said.

What's this about Trucks being "a level 99 cleric" in the manga?

He trained with a Kai which means he can heal now.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Gohan is also one now probably in the manga

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Yeah she was in the Gohan recruitment part of the initial tournament arc. She told Goku to let him fight.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

lmao Yamcha to the rescue, Congratz Tien

Alternatively if you can swap universes and poo poo like Freeza did. It's gonna be Future Trunks

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Hell If Freeza has an agreement with Goku to get wished back, then maybe it's Double agent Freeza.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Lmao

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

I mean neither is the Bort anime. Bort anime is essentially a prequel to the movies.

And the Bort's manga's problem is mostly how poo poo the art is.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Ethiser posted:

The end of the episode should have had Goku effortlessly knocking Freeza out and telling him to know his place.

Wait for the manga

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Rangpur posted:

Just resurrect Frieza in whichever universe has the highest caliber of mortals. You know, the ones who don't have to participate in the tournament because they're just that good. He'd still be an evil prick, but relative to everyone else in that universe he'd be Mr. Satan. Solves the problem, fulfills the letter of the deal and it's properly ironic. I mean, can you imagine a fate that would make him angrier?

So Frost

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Lmao at the spoiler for freiza betraying them actually being semi true

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

That they didnt have a 5 with him in the pose is a mistake.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

wrong thread

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Funky Valentine posted:

I'm mean poo poo Goku has more legitimate reasons to be away than Sasuke does.

No Nope nope nope nope nope nope nope.

Noooooope

I'm not gonna bother defending anything else, but nooooope

Goku literally has zero goddamn reason to stay dead or away from Chichi and his family. literally none, nada zip zilch.

Like Sasuke you could at least make the argument they keep him away from the city because even if he is reformed, he's like literally of his own free will tried to kill like the entire cast and destroy the village at one point or another. And came pretty close to remaking the world in his own image like a crazy person.

Sasuke is a literal war criminal who by changing sides at the right time, the kindness of his former teacher, and Ninja Jesus is allowed to not be imprisoned or killed. I get Sasuke/Naruto and co being hey dude, you and your bullshit eye are better off out investigating and handling other magic eye poo poo that shows up.

Goku stayed dead for 7 years, when he had another goddamn kid he had never seen, and his other kid was a 12 year old who was gonna grow up without a father.

He literally only came back to his family because fighting tournament. and was going to leave again in a day.

Goku frequently just abandons and lies to the wife and kids to go fight and train. The only reason Goku and his family have like any money to survive is because Gohan saved the world, married into wealth and is owed a massive debt by Satan.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

lmao it didn't invalidate her character arc.(what character arc there was anyway)

Her character arc was played out over 2 scenes, Neji scene which is her timid rear end not giving up and fighting even though she knows it's futile.

And the Pain scene which is her getting over her fear of being by Naruto's side and telling Naruto she loves him. Which was then played as nothing more than motivation for Naruto to go ballistic when she got the poo poo killed out of her.

Like you guys are putting waaaay more thought into "arcs" or characters than Kishimoto did. Only characters with like real arcs, were Sasuke, Gaara, Shikamaru, Neji, Naruto(sorta but not much character change), and Sakura.

And I actually like this dumb series.

Sakura's entire arc was pretty much, well poo poo, No I actually really do love this war criminal who tried to kill me like 3 times no matter how much I lie to myself and others.

Sakura and Sasuke have like the perfect relationship for each other. Sakura gets to say she's married to Sasuke-kun, and doesn't mind that Sasuke actually isn't around.

But enough about Naruto....

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

CharlestheHammer posted:

Wait how does Hinata have no arc but Sakura does? Hinata was the only girl who not only got an arc, quality aside, and they occasionally let her actually do things.

Which is more than you can say for tenten, Ino, or Sakura.

Edit: though Sakura does get a weird amount of hate which I don't understand.

It's an arc

Fighting wise, she goes from a spectator to resolving to fight alongside Naruto and Sasuke, does the dumb Ino double knockout fight thing, once again realizes she's at a level where she is looking at Naruto and Sasuke's back when Naruto went out and almost killed himself trying to bring Sasuke back she resolves to get better so that for drat sure she is able to be useful so Naruto won't have to kill himself for her anymore. So she trains with Tsunade for 2.5 years or so. And then we come back and she's actually super loving competent. Able to hang and be useful in a fight against Akatsuki members, and useful as a medic nin. She is eventually outclassed alongside everyone else without magic eyes(she can at least heal :v: which makes her more useful than like most other characters), but still in the end is the reason why Naruto and Sasuke were able to defeat the personification of all of Kishimoto's angst towards women.

Personality wise she has an arc, a regressive one maybe but her arc pretty much is her circling back to the realization she had when she met Sasuke at the village gates before he fled to Orochimaru. That she really does love this broken crazy war criminal no matter how much she tries to front plot and plan with others that she's totally gonna kill him. She loves that crazy motherfucker.

Hinata didn't get to do poo poo, She ate poo poo against Neji to motivate Naruto, and she ate poo poo against Pain to motivate Naruto. Then she was about to eat poo poo in the War Arc but Neji sacrificed himself for her(which then motivated Naruto).

Dexo fucked around with this message at 08:25 on Jul 14, 2017

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

CharlestheHammer posted:

What is your definition of an arc.
Because nothing you describe there is an arc

Actual Scenes of the character doing stuff involving the character, their traits and attempting to process and resolve their issues, that aren't just resolved in like one or sequence. (oh and Sai who I forgot existed)

Hinata and like Lee, Have character traits. Hinata is timid, weak, and feels like she doesn't deserve to be where she is, and really likes Naruto.

The only story involving Hinata's actual character was her fight with Neji, which she kept fighting where she normally would have timidly given up because Naruto is jesus. After that sequence Hinata is that Hinata who won't just back down

Ditto with Lee, Lee's only goal was to prove that with Hard Work you can equal or surpass Genius. He proved that he can operate on that level when he almost beat Gaara. After that incident, Lee no longer worried about being inferior.

Chouji feeling like he is holding everyone back, he turns into a butterfly and that character trait is no longer an issue.

Sakura's issues actually played out and changed over the course of the manga rather than just being like welp here's the scene where Sakura fixes all of her bad traits in this one fight or scene.

Maybe character arc is a bad word for it, but I can't think of anything else.

SyntheticPolygon posted:

It's real loving lame that like 5 times in the final arc Sakura gets a moment to go "I've grown and now no longer need to just look at their backs" only to end the next chapter or even the same chapter looking at Naruto and Sasuke as they go off to be competent while she does nothing and accomplishes jack.

Fair enough, but that was just a problem with Naruto as a whole. Sakura was in that arc better served healing people and keeping them alive using the slug summon, than trying to fight on a stage against eye hack users. And in the end she was the reason/distraction Naruto and Sasuke needed to finish off Kaguya.

Dexo fucked around with this message at 08:48 on Jul 14, 2017

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

CharlestheHammer posted:

Sakura issues were pretty consistent outside of like 10 minutes right before the Itachi fight.
or maybe it was right after I dunno that time period felt like filler for all it accomplished. Especially the period after the Itachi fight were Sasuke kind of lost all momentum as he clearly didn't want to go through with making him a full on villain.

Like I said it's not a great arc, but the arc was her wanting to save him, then wavering in her (albeit dumb) support and desire to save Sasuke, and then eventually(almost getting herself killed) realizing that she doesn't actually have it in her to kill him and she does want to actually save him. Like man even Naruto noticed she was lying to herself about it.

In Conclusion Goku is a garbage dad.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Mordaedil posted:

Please ban Dexo.

lmao

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

jivjov posted:

My only complaint about Universe 6 SSJs is that they had literally no concept of of what that even was until the Universe 6 vs 7 match. With the Saiyans from 7, you could at least argue that everyone had a template to follow, and most of them at least trained with someone who had already achieved SSJ before getting there themselves. The U6 people (and I'm including Cabba here) just kinda kickstart their own "super saiyan bargain sale" out of nowhere.

Neither did Goku?

Vegeta didn't know anything other than the theoretical legend.

But your complaint is also wrong because

Cabba literally did train with a SSJ(Vegeta) it was in a fight setting but he is literally triggered by Vegeta playing the dick.

As he was the one actual SSJ that trained with Caulifla and Kale. Who are the only 3 to have that form in U6.

Wanna complain about speed sure. But 5 minutes in the frieza arc lol, and Cabba had like 30+ hours to train.

This could be wrong but, Also like hadn't Trunks and Goten never seen their Dad or brother or go SSJ before. They did it themselves I know Goten hadn't as Gohan would have no reason to.

Vegeta also seemed to do most of his training in his base form.

Dexo fucked around with this message at 14:11 on Jul 15, 2017

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

jivjov posted:

I dunno; it just feels way more rushed than any other SSJ moment. Trunks and Goten at least have the excuse of being blood descendants of super saiyans, who potentially could have seen the form a few times before (although, as you say, we don't know that for sure).

With the U6 Saiyans, it just feels like the writers wanted to just give them SSJ to serve the plot, not to serve their own characters. Hopefully we learn more about them, and it'll feel less like that.

Trunks wasn't a born descendant of a SSJ

Unless you think its like retroactively added to Trunks's ability list, when Vegeta obtained it in space, while he was a baby.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Also how the gently caress does having SSJ so easily and then randomly going SSJ 3(which they also have never seen) serve Goten and Trunks' as characters lmao

You are just likely more discerning now than you were when you first saw Dragon Ball Z, and are now able to see how many power ups are pulled from the rear end, than when you were younger you just didn't care.

Get back to the child in you that just didn't care and enjoy the punch-mans

Dexo fucked around with this message at 14:25 on Jul 15, 2017

• Locked thread