Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
I would like to remind you all that this whole shebang started as a severely truncated retelling of Journey to the West

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

the culminator posted:

Future Trunks/regular Trunks fusion

Future Trunks is too lame to contribute anything to a Fusion.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

If Gohan does become more relevant I dearly hope he still sticks with the nerd getup of tracksuit and coke-bottle glasses.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

SirDrone posted:

I would so watch a full season of the great saiyaman.

You're not thinking big enough. Saiyan Sentai Squad, + Ginyu revived to teach them awesome poses.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Augus posted:

These fan translations with gratuitous 12-year old swearing never cease to amuse me.

The best part is that it's Piccolo they have swearing.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Remember that aside from personal pride none of the Z-fighters particularly care which Universe they end up in. The only real worry would be Beerus losing his temper.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

A Steampunk Gent posted:

There might well be an arc in the new universe but I doubt the cast will leave the original one for good, there's enough 'Goku is a bad dad' jokes around as it is without him abandoning his family to go live in another dimension

The entire earth is being moved (because that gives Champa ready access to some really good food) so it's not a problem either way.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

zelah posted:

So did Mystic Gohan have God ki and we just didn't know it or what?

No, one of the defining traits of God Ki is that non-gods can't sense it at all. Everyone could sense how powerful Gohan was.

(This also means Freeza did not actually ascend to 'god' level because everyone could tell how monstrously powerful he was after his training.)

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Does anyone have a link to a collection of the posts someone made about how Toriyama is a really good artist?

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Thanks a bunch!

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Cooler Form has a mouth covering.

I hope Frost comes to hang out more with the gang.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Say it isn't so

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

I'm just annoyed that this will most likely be the reason Goku gets to tag back in later to finish up even though he already lost.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

I wonder if the robot dude will be interesting or if he's just there to get punked ASAP.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Xenoverse 2 should have Freeza vs Frost as a battle.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

I wanna remind you guys that Piccolo had trouble against what's-his-face from the Frieza army.

Power level consistency went out the window loooong ago.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

People who think the 'Kid Goku' era wasn't about Goku saving the day 24/7 haven't actually read that part in a long while.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Blaze Dragon posted:

That can't happen. Goku's going in before Monaka, Beerus already said that Monaka must go last no matter what.

Yeah, but Goku already went. Monaka can go, lose, and then they'll *mumble mumble Frost was cheating mumble mumble* and then Goku gets to go for a round 2.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

I have to say I'm pleasantly surprised at the tournament fights. They've mostly been fast-paced and with plenty of interesting gimmicks and stuff to keeps things fresh.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Nah, from then on all competitions will be decided by who can made their golden aura flare up bigger.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Petiso posted:

Nah, don't get mistaken, most people find it enjoyable around here (specials are more divisive).

He's referring to that specific one which is complaining/poking fun at Beerus retroactively being behind some of the series' events.

I think the Frieza one is pretty legitimate as a complaint because that changes Freeza's agency and motivations quite a bit but the others are mostly just 'Haha, Beerus is such a short-tempered jerk like a real housecat.' one-off jokes so what's the big deal.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Super Kaio-ken is beautiful.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Aw. Looks like we don't get Time Cop Trunks.

Edit: I really want to see how he reacts to Goten.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Yup, it's Xenoverse 2.

Edit: Have a trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7B7ZvcrOXQ

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Official site is getting hammered. I guess lotsa people are interested.

Actually a bit surprised that they didn't show any Super content in the trailer.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Also I hope they separate stats from clothing.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Did something happen recently in Super so that there's a multiversal threat? I thought they'd just finished screwing around in the Unvierse 6 and 7 tournament and then the Zen Ou dude suggested a multiversal tournament next.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

The thing is, we know that Goku has a 'resting' powerlevel of minimum 5000 from as far back as the Frieza saga. And that seems to me a fair bit more than anything Sorbet's ring-laser could manage.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Never stop, DBSuper. Never ever stop.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Besides parts of Super lean pretty heavily on the idea of self-parody anyway.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

I mean, look at Super.

The God of Destruction is rake-thin purple cat. His vastly more powerful superior is an effeminate looking blue man. And the god of the multiverse, apparently capable of erasing the entire thing in an eyeblink, is a short blue and purple cute dwarf.

Then you look at the movies that culminated in Broly.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Piccolo also blew up the moon and he didn't need to bulk up are stand still and grunt for 5 minutes or anything like that.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

I love Super just for how much the plot points come off like a 12 year old's fanfiction.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Manatee Cannon posted:

I can't wait for kid trunks, trunks from the future, and future trunks all get together to fight bloku

crisis on infinite trunks

Guest starring Time Cop Trunks.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

I really really want to see Future Trunks talking to 18.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

I think there's some sort of statute that if you show people missing limbs you have to up the rating in Japan so they might be trying to get around that.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

We know nothing about the game other than that it's going to cover movie content as well as some Super.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

I cannot wait to find out more about the mystery that is BLACK GOKU

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Shinjobi posted:

I don't necessarily think Tien was stronger than Frieza. In fact, I doubt any humans were. In Tien's case, he has a move that allows him to punch waaaaaaaaaaay above his weight class, at the expense of some of his life energy. I'm a big fan of the "Krillin is the strongest" theory, and even I doubt any of the humans ever eclipsed 100% Frieza.

Krillin also has a skill that hits way, way, way above his weight class and it doesn't cost him HP to do it.

Krillin>Tien

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Ruggington posted:

that's filler

Nah, the Solar Flare was in the manga.

• Locked thread