Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
RBX
Jan 2, 2011

YuYu is only trumped by DBZ to me, check it out.

Really hope we see Future Trunks again aka the best character

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Because it's made in Japan?? America is slow

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

I have never seen Dragonball but have watched 3 episodes of GT. Am I a bad person

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Who knew almost 20 years later Toonami and DBZ would still be here for us

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Mogomra posted:

My brother keeps telling me that Toriyama hosed up the details of all sorts of dbz stuff in some interview somewhere.

Like he totally forgot that SS2 happened in the cell saga at all, and was referring to SS3 as SS2. Stuff like that.

Is that real, or more bullshit?

That makes some things make so much more sense.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

A good twist makes you mad.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

How about not worrying about power levels after the creator himself said he didn't.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Momomo posted:

Dr. Gero made androids stronger than a Super Saiyan when he had never seen anyone stronger than pre-Namek Vegeta and Goku. Don't think about how Frieza got so strong that much. Or at all really. Toriyama thought "I want Goku to fight Frieza again" and just went from there.

Vegeta and Goku were stronger than 19, he just absorbed energy.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

It hasn't been that bad since so it's a moot point.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

"He can't be firing that scary, powerful looking beam while on earth. Why would he do that it looks like its destroy us all"

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

I like how Frost has been on the sidelines for like 3 episodes just sulking like a child on punishment. Not even trying to keep up the facade anymore. Frieza would never do that! He'd be arrogant to the end.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

I wish Super stole some of DBM's designs, they're pretty good.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

SS2 was supposed to be the perfect super sayian tho.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Yeah no way after this do I want these fun characters to go away. I also can't get enough of beerus and champa.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Stairmaster posted:

They could have just drawn him being completely staggered like how it was during the saiyan saga. The bone crackling doesn't even make any sense

This time he used a more powerful version that nearly killed him I think its warranted

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

All longer anime I watch has endless filler in them which is the big reason I really stopped watching moat. Like they skip out on every series super isn't new you just notice it more. Watch an episode at 2x speed and laugh at how much you notice how much time they spend standing and talking compared to actual animation.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

It is weird after watching mostly the dub my entire life to watching it subbed and the tonal difference I get between the two throws me off at times.

The dub with its voice acting and music is so much more serious

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Momomo posted:

So do we know what the actual... you know, game part of this is? Because it looks amazing, but it almost seems like they're hiding it.

I dont think you understand japanese games

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

All this really makes me lament wasting time arguing about it when I was 12.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

People nitpicking every single shot never gets old. Never

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Edit:Never mind

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Kelp Plankton posted:

I wonder if that coloration is correct or if he's just doing something like using kaioken while having white hair

Nah His hair is super sayian hair

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Stairmaster posted:

god bless mexico

I hope they never stop doing these

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Covok posted:

It's literally just a grain filter overlaid on existing animation to simulate the look of animation done in the pre-computer days. It's not exactly something to write home about.

If you think that's all it is YOU might be retarded.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Gruckles posted:

Ghost Goku and King Kai could probably figure it out, but hey what does he care. All his friends are already hanging out with him in Other World, why do they need to be wished back.

I doubt anybody but maybe Goku has their body. And King Kai only have needed under pressure of a galactic evil. The androids were confined to earth so why should the gods care. It makes sense Kaioshin would come when Buu arrived.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Just what the show whatever way is easier and cheaper and stop worrying about dumb stuff like filler. Nobody that watched Z in 97 cared that Garlic Jr "wasn't cannon" bardock and trunks came out after the frizea saga and are cool movies but nothing you need to watch. Trunks goes over his history in the series and bardocks movie is only useful for sayian history.

RBX fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Aug 24, 2016

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

^his movie introduces him, his saga in the series is his return.

Yeah right. After a million ginyu saga reruns any actual new content was awesome also we were 8

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

The manga is literally just promo for the show and means nothing. Don't even waste your time with it

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Rose is just ssb y'all are thinking too hard again

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Makes sense they went back in time because I can't see them finishing this without beerus and Whis there.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

I didn't think he was weaker at all, he just got caught by surprise.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

He said he's not using that for a long time and even if he did he's not sure how long he would last.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

That hasn't been a plot point since Namek every other time people bring up is a reach.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

So we don't believe he wished for black with the dragon balls? It seemed plausible.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Zamasu bodyswapped with Goku in some timeline then killed him, Chi Chi and Goten. Our Goku then Got Serious and it was DOPE.

That was fun

That is metal as gently caress

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

a cartoon duck posted:

i loved the part where Zamasu and Zamasu hugged, evilly

Seriously. Best Villian. Nobody else even comes close

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Do we know if Champa and his team is in Xeno2?

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

All Xeno2 does is remind me Buu Kai is STILL not airing and super is already 62 episodes in.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

This saga is really really good. Is it up there for anyone else?

Rutibex posted:

I liked the brief moment of reanimated Dragonball Classic :D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ES2tKIGfNAo

Dragon Ball owns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

The last ED was the best and IDK why they changed it so quick.

• Locked thread