Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Ytlaya posted:

Hahaha, why does he grab the plane, can't he fly on his own faster than that?

How far into the cell saga is that? Is it before or after Cell has absorbed a bunch of (normal) people? Because I think Cell after absorbing thousands of people is stronger than 17 and 18, and it would be surprising for Krillin to be able to put up a fight against an opponent like that.

He had not gotten that many at this point. And was still ruining from Piccolo as he was weaker then him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

mabels big day posted:

Did RoF not do well? It was still a cool movie. I don't know what you're complaining about. The point is to make a cool dragon ball movie.

It did better the BoG.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Ytlaya posted:

Also possibly Freiza realizing that this kid is stronger than he used to be in his final form.

This may not actually be the case. The two kids could barely handle Abo and Kado from the that special "Yo Son Goku and his Friends Return" who were stated as being as strong as Freeza.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Covok posted:

There are three of them. Three of them were made younger. Three wishes.

Or they made that wish before Kami fused with Piccolo. Ether is fine.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Pyroi posted:

Consisting of King Vegeta, Captain Ginyu, Nappa, Tarble, and of course, their leader, Yamcha.

It turns out that Champa's 5 man team is the alternate universe counterparts of these guys. All Super Badass like a true Super Ginyu force for the Super Tournament.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
It appears the reason Tagoma was spared in this version is because they are going to have Ginyu body swap him.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Nov 22, 2015

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Must say I really like the New Tagoma. I always felt he had a cool look.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

I haven't seen the latest DBS episodes yet, has Ginyu taken over someone's body yet or is he still a frog?

Still hoppin.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

-Troika- posted:

From the latest episode of Super: Was that the Captain Ginyu frog at the end?

Yes.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Covok posted:

Yeah, it's a disconnect between Manga and anime that really causes some confusions. Same thing with how other world is handled.

It does make an interesting question: if people must actively block, why didn't someone kill Frieza in his sleep?

Who said Freeza's species needs to sleep.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Yeah they kind of wasted him. They should have just let him survive. Though if they do a mass revival again at some point he is considered not evil enough to be exempt. I myself still would have had him survive Vegeta's attack.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Bushmaori posted:

Well if he kept up his training he should (fan theory) be at least as strong as cell.

But this is Dragon Ball so we have absolutely no loving clue.

It's suddenly revealed that he trained so hard offscreen after Freeza came back that he is now as strong as Goku and Vegeta. (Unlikely but I would love it if that happened.)

Anyway the order for the Tournament is Goku, Piccolo, Vegeta, Monaka. This also means that Goku likely won't win the thing. He will likely lose to one of the fighters who Piccolo will then have to fight. (It would be interesting if Piccolo defeats the fighter that beat Goku.)

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Blaze Dragon posted:

Someone please link to that image that had a bunch of Mangastream's Dragon Ball swears translation, thanks in advance.

Nothing's as funny as seeing Goku call his own son "that little poo poo" just for being too busy to go see him fight. Or attacking Freeza with what is translated as "you fool!" everywhere but here it's "YOU STUPID gently caress!".

I remember it just being "YOUUU FUUCK."

It was stupidly hilarious.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Kurui Reiten posted:

All I can do is stare at that second right hand.

Wait that not Goku thats J Geil.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Did I see Bra in the preview?

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
So the Super Dragon Balls have no limits. If they actully give Mr Satan his wish. It would kind of be great if he wished he actually was the strongest warrior in the universe.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Rutibex posted:

But saying Beerus beat ssj3 Goku in one blow isn't much of a caparison. Ssj3 Goku in the Buu saga is actually one of the weaker fighters, he only ever manages to go toe to toe with Fat Buu for a bit, but clearly would have ran out of energy before defeating him. By the end of the Buu saga Gohan was stronger than him, as well as Gotenks. Super Buu had absorbed Fat Buu + Piccilo +Goten + Trunks + Gohan, two of those guys are stronger than ssj3 Goku on their own, and fusions in DBZ always end up more powerful than the sum of their parts.

Vegito toyed with Super Buu with all of those fighter absorbed, in his base form. That means he could multiply his strength something like 500x by going ssj3. Considering Vegita was able to punch Beerus when he was only using 8% of his power, it stands to reason and math, that Vegito is stronger than Beerus, by a wide margin.

This is not true. In the Manga Vegito went super saiyan on the spot. There was no base fight with Buu.

Vegeta was able to punch Beerus. But that does not mean anything. He did not do any damage and lost right away anyway.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Subs are out.

Champa while childish seems to be a nicer person then Beerus as well. As he actually thinks it would be mean not to help Frost even if he loses.

So yeah Universe 6 does seem to be the good counterpart of Universe 7. Also Cabbe had no idea Super Saiyan existed.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Rutibex posted:

You know long term, teaching Goku that there is always someone stronger may have given him a pathological obsession.

So whats the deal with Goku losing? Did Frost poison him or something? It wasn't exactly clear, and Frost doesn't seem the type.

Frost seemed to expect it however. It may be an ability.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Frost is a poison user.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Josuke Higashikata posted:

I think Heroes leaked/suggests that Cabba is number 4?

So Vegeta beats Frost and Robot and then maybe double KO to Cabba, Monaka vs Hit, Monaka loses leading to Goku being reinstated because of the cheating so Hit vs Goku for the final bout.

Well Piccolo did not get a fair shot so maybe he will get to fight Maggeta.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I hope Piccolo seeing that Vegeta can just force him to give up convinces him that he wants to get back up to par with Goku and Vegeta. (Which I also hopes happens.)

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Rutibex posted:

If thats the case, then Goku must be stronger than Beerus by now. He gave him a decent fight when he went SSJ Red, he was clearly weaker, but not overwhelmingly so. Since that fight Goku has gone through training with Weis, gained a "more powerful" transformation, and gone through two bouts of time compression training.

All of that can't add up to Goku still being weaker than Beerus.

Beerus was holding back. And explicitly could have crushed him at any point he wanted to.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Raxivace posted:

In Battle of Gods Beerus says he was only using about 70% of his power. The subs I had for Super had Beerus saying he was using 100% of his power to fight Super Saiyan God Goku.

In Super it seems that Goku was already pretty close to being able to defeat Beerus before training with Whis, if the subs are correct. I find this change interesting.

Beerus revealed in Super at the end that he was bullshiting Goku and honestly was not really trying that hard. He faked falling asleep as well.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
29 or something i think.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Rutibex posted:

In theory he could just keep blowing himself up to gain infinite power. Its lucky he only learned that fact moments before being completely disintegrated.

He is also part Saiyan, so be could become Super God Blue Golden Cell

Well he could have blown up his core if he did it again. It would be too risky.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

StrifeHira posted:

Vados is stronger than Whis, remember. She even was the one who trained him.

Whis also stated that was bullshit and they had not fought in long time. She never stated to have trained him just that she was stronger.

They are likely equals however.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

StrifeHira posted:

Thought his complaint was something along the lines of "It's been forever since you trained me, I've gotten stronger!"

Also Arale could probably still beat Goku.

"Since you last fought me" was the line. So close.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 08:36 on Mar 28, 2016

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Rutibex posted:

They should use the Super Dragonballs to wish for the normal Dragonballs to not have rules any more. Much more efficient.

That would be a really clever wish.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Piccolo could still seriously benefit from it. The it tears up your body part is even worked around a bit by the fact that Piccolo can regenerate. Combined with the fact that he is probably about as strong as Cell was now just by default, along with his ability to put up a good fight just by using skill and technique.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
There also was a Grand Supreme Kai.

So it's more or less like this.

Kai > Grand Kai > Supreme Kai > Grand Supreme kai > God of Destruction > Zen'i

Also Hit beat Goku, but not Monaka

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

projecthalaxy posted:

I thought Beerus/the Office of the God of Destruction was sort of outside the heirarchy, like Supreme Kai was the God of Creation and had his staff, then Beerus was an equal and opposite force? Didn't they say something like that in BoG? Plus you have the Supreme Kai of Time running around, all sorts of gods.

Yeah. But while Beerus is not actually above the Kai's in the Hierarchy none of them are going to oppose him and he could easily wipe them out.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Raxivace posted:

Wait isn't Zeni also what they call money?

I was wrong it's Zenō. (Translates to King of All.)

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Subs are out.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Just realized we are now in uncharted territory were we have no idea of what is happening next other then the episode previews.

We knew the first two arcs of super would be based on the movies, we knew after that their would be a tournament against Champa and the manga got to the tournament first so we knew some of the fighters and details before it was animated. But we really have no idea about what's coming next.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 03:32 on May 2, 2016

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Rutibex posted:

Clone Vegita is entirely purple, we have no way of knowing the color of his hair or eyes. Vegitas hair also doesn't change shape when he transforms, so maybe hes already transformed and at full power?

Lets not forget that Vegeta and Goku got a massive powerup in base form from their God Form.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Blaze Dragon posted:

This realization is probably the single scariest thing the current Dragon Ball media brought to me. The literal only reason Cell didn't become an ungodly monster is because his Saiyan cells pushed him into fighting the Z-Warriors nearly immediately upon reaching Perfection. If he had instead listened to the Goku side of his body and decided to train, then Freeza's potential would've triggered, and we'd be seeing a very, VERY different end to the Cell Saga. Add to that that even if the Z-Warriors managed to beat that, Cell would just regenerate and Zenkai...

Basically the only reason Cell lost was because he honestly had no idea just how true his Perfection was. He had no idea just how powerful his regeneration was (something he outright points out post-revival), and he had no idea of the limitless potential inside his body.

Though I should point out that him surviving his self destruction was pure luck. Had his core been not just managed to survive the explosion he would have died then and there. The other stuff does apply however.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Blaze Dragon posted:

It likely wouldn't, actually. The Freeza Clan, or at the very least, Freeza himself is very, very, very resilent. Remember that Trunks cut him to a million pieces, including his head, then burnt his entire body...and it was the latter that killed him. When Shenlong revived him, it was in the last state he was alive in, with his body in pieces...and his eye could still move. He was still alive. Since it's outright stated that Frost is Freeza's U6 counterpart, it stands to reason that he's just as resistent, so that'd likely deal serious damage but not kill him because...villains in Dragon Ball are pretty drat hard to kill.

Lets Also not forget Cell. Cell self destructing blew himself into little bits. Something that Piccolo would not be able to survive. But thanks to having Freeza's vitality and ability to survive in almost any state he was able to regenerate from that.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Momomo posted:

Him bring Goten would be funny, but I wouldn't hold your breath. Why would he call himself Black Goku if he was?

I don't think his name is actually Black Goku. In fact the only name is so far goes by in the show is Black.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Rutibex posted:

No the manga clearly establishes that it is weaker.

He was fighting at 60%, which means Goku is stronger than him (as he is 10X stronger than he was (at minimum) from kaio ken)

It was never said what level he was fighting at in the Anime or Manga. Simply that it was not anywhere close to his full power.

• Locked thread