Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
DBZ people, my kid got me watching Super and I have a question: what was Piccolo's endgame for the fight with Frost? I know Freeza-types can survive being hacked to pieces or whatever but wouldn't a special beam cannon through the head just loving kill him right then and there?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

DBZ people, my kid got me watching Super and I have a question: what was Piccolo's endgame for the fight with Frost? I know Freeza-types can survive being hacked to pieces or whatever but wouldn't a special beam cannon through the head just loving kill him right then and there?

I think the hope was to wound him. Goku said Piccolo couldn't beat him, but he could do some damage, IIRC.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

It likely wouldn't, actually. The Freeza Clan, or at the very least, Freeza himself is very, very, very resilent. Remember that Trunks cut him to a million pieces, including his head, then burnt his entire body...and it was the latter that killed him. When Shenlong revived him, it was in the last state he was alive in, with his body in pieces...and his eye could still move. He was still alive. Since it's outright stated that Frost is Freeza's U6 counterpart, it stands to reason that he's just as resistent, so that'd likely deal serious damage but not kill him because...villains in Dragon Ball are pretty drat hard to kill.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
No one commented on the shameful whitewashing of Black Goku for the new arc.

no go on Quiznos
May 16, 2007

Pork Pro

the culminator posted:

Im sure the final result will be fun, but I feel bad for tfs having to wade through 1000 different unfunny HunterxHunter and Jojos abridgeds

That's why they have the "Make us laugh in 30 seconds rule".

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Blaze Dragon posted:

It likely wouldn't, actually. The Freeza Clan, or at the very least, Freeza himself is very, very, very resilent. Remember that Trunks cut him to a million pieces, including his head, then burnt his entire body...and it was the latter that killed him. When Shenlong revived him, it was in the last state he was alive in, with his body in pieces...and his eye could still move. He was still alive. Since it's outright stated that Frost is Freeza's U6 counterpart, it stands to reason that he's just as resistent, so that'd likely deal serious damage but not kill him because...villains in Dragon Ball are pretty drat hard to kill.

Lets Also not forget Cell. Cell self destructing blew himself into little bits. Something that Piccolo would not be able to survive. But thanks to having Freeza's vitality and ability to survive in almost any state he was able to regenerate from that.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

Rutibex posted:

You can see both sides of Black Gokus face in this pic. Hes wearing only a single fusion earring. Might mean he actually is some kind of amalgam Goku, stealing alternate Gokus for power.

I know this is a page back but those aren't real screengrabs.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
Oh man that abridged competition is going to be god awful, mayyyybe two videos will be good but the rest are going to be straight garbo.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

Freakazoid_ posted:

Oh man that abridged competition is going to be god awful, mayyyybe two videos will be good but the rest are going to be straight garbo.

I'm personally really excited for the bad videos.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Freakazoid_ posted:

It's going to be AMVHell all over again.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
Reminds me of the video I came across a while back where some kid was rapping over the Gurren Laggan soundtrack and ended up just complaining about school and bedtime.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

i just want the dark goku arc to have a really kickass fight between vegeta and dark goku where vegeta wins and murders him and is given the championship belt

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

also if thats an evil potara earring and dark goku was a fusion against his will or something im pretty sure thats a fanfic i wrote in middleschool and i deserve monetary compensation

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

The list seems to simply be anything the team has extensively worked on (like naruto, yugioh, hellsing and ff7) and any spin-off of it.
What did they do with Yugioh and Naruto?

Freakazoid_ posted:

I have to wonder if they'll just come out at the end and go "See how tough this is, maybe stop asking when's Broly now".

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.
Looks like a small preview summary of the first episode is up:

quote:

The episode's plot will start in the future when Earth is free from the Androids' domination. A man named "Black" suddenly appears, and Trunks tries to defend himself. He is no match, even in his Super Saiyan form. Bulma is resolved to get the time machine and ask for help from Goku and Vegeta from the past, but after half a year, she only accumulated enough fuel for the time machine to make a one-way trip. Then, Black appears again before Bulma and Trunks.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

It's probably not going to be that long until we get Broly anyways. Broly & Plan to exterminate the Super Saiyans both take place during the wait before the Cell Games and I'm kinda curious to see if they actually adapt P2ETSS since it's a half an hour special that nobody gives a poo poo about.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
So this arc is just them making GBS threads on Trunks even harder.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

broly will fly in and start yelling about carrots and yamcha will knock him out in one punch

end of dragon ball super

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Manatee Cannon posted:

broly will fly in and start yelling about carrots and yamcha will knock him out in one punch

end of dragon ball super

Not the ending we deserve, but definitely the ending Broly deserves

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

StrifeHira posted:

Looks like a small preview summary of the first episode is up:

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.

Testekill posted:

It's probably not going to be that long until we get Broly anyways. Broly & Plan to exterminate the Super Saiyans both take place during the wait before the Cell Games and I'm kinda curious to see if they actually adapt P2ETSS since it's a half an hour special that nobody gives a poo poo about.

If they stick to their schedule of 1 movie per year, then Broly is probably going to be next year.

.... Unless they decide to do Bojack next year and delay Broly for one more year. But make no mistake, the Age of Broly is upon us.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Wouldn't be surprised we get Plan. We did get that second Bardock special that not even dubbed yet.

AndwhatIseeisme
Mar 30, 2010

Being alive is pretty much a constant stream of embarrassment.
Fun Shoe

Mraagvpeine posted:

If they stick to their schedule of 1 movie per year, then Broly is probably going to be next year.

.... Unless they decide to do Bojack next year and delay Broly for one more year. But make no mistake, the Age of Broly is upon us.

I can't see them getting to Bojack anytime soon, because I doubt they would want to do that movie before the end of the Cell games. And while it's hard to say exactly how far away that is, since there's a question of how much if any of the filler between exiting the Hyperbowler Thyme Chambre and the actual tournament they're going to cover, I think it's safe to say that they'll have plenty of time to release Broly in the interim.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

The list seems to simply be anything the team has extensively worked on (like naruto, yugioh, hellsing and ff7) and any spin-off of it.

Aw man, I wanted to make a song and dance out of Akame ga Kill of trying to get the protagonist to gently caress someone, because its all a bad dating sim made anime, and failing miserably. Oh well.

Brolly will show up just to get absorbed by the super human water and become Jammy - the new friend of Bu and Mr. Satan.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
According to a tweet from Kaiser weeks ago, the current plan is basically get through 56 and then maybe Broly.

Something like that.

dungeon cousin
Nov 26, 2012

woop woop
loop loop

Crabtree posted:

Aw man, I wanted to make a song and dance out of Akame ga Kill of trying to get the protagonist to gently caress someone, because its all a bad dating sim made anime, and failing miserably. Oh well.

It's a specific list which does not include AGK so go wild.

Slightly Absurd
Mar 22, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TK9f_c5bfdg

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

AndwhatIseeisme posted:

And the worst thing about the whole business is that all the villains in the arc, among whom even the weakest could go toe to toe with Frieza, who was already shown to be several orders of magnitude stronger than everyone else in the galaxy, were essentially built in some old man's garage.

An old man with genius level intellect, a thirty year grudge that took away his livelihood and the good fortune to live in the DBZ universe.

If any man had the stones to try then Dr. Gero could do it.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

StrifeHira posted:

Looks like this might be real, fair warning for spoilers from the 2ch leak:

So, "Black Goku" turns out to be some kind of... evil Vegito? Future Mai confirmed too, maybe!

Looks siiiiiiick

I love Monty Python

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
:eyepop:
This is awesome! This must have been done by hundreds of different animators, it must have been quite a task to coordinate all of them.

AndwhatIseeisme
Mar 30, 2010

Being alive is pretty much a constant stream of embarrassment.
Fun Shoe

At first I didn't look at the length and figured this was just the opening, and thought "Oh, this is neat." Then it kept going into a full episode and I was super impressed by how much work this must have been. Plus it's actually good, for the most part. They did a good job of matching the individual skill and quirkiness of the animators with their segments.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

This is amazing, but they made a little mistake: they didn't put the names of every individual animator in the scenes they did. If the point was to help a lot of new animators get their name out there, then that would hurt it, no? I know nothing of animation nor of the reasons this was made, kind of making assumptions.

Regardless, liked the video.

Emong
May 31, 2011

perpair to be annihilated

Covok posted:

This is amazing, but they made a little mistake: they didn't put the names of every individual animator in the scenes they did. If the point was to help a lot of new animators get their name out there, then that would hurt it, no? I know nothing of animation nor of the reasons this was made, kind of making assumptions.

Regardless, liked the video.

According to the video description there'll be annotations with the animators' details going up later on.

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

Oh hey, I remember hearing about this project before.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

that video is cool but what the gently caress is up with that thumbnail

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Kelp Plankton posted:

that video is cool but what the gently caress is up with that thumbnail

Tits get clicks. It's why 95% of 'fail' compilations show a girl in a bikini, who usually doesn't appear in the video at all.

At least the thumbnail actually is in the video.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Hi, I just finished watching original Dragonball for the first time this week and it was good! I haven't watched Dragonball Z since I was like 12, not including whatever episodes of Kai I've seen on Toonami and even then I never got past like the Androids. All I know is that Cell is there, there's a big candyman and Trunks is cool so I guess I'll start watching that sometime maybe. Peace

Oh man, a friend of mine was a part of this! She did the scene with Bulma and Oolong at 17:23 -- 17:25. I had no idea this project was going to be an entire episode, I was wondering why all her WIPs of it were the same shot...

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Looks like they're actually keeping the blue hair on Future Trunks.. Weird design choice.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

The OTP :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

amazing

• Locked thread