Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Blaze Dragon posted:

Heroes gave SS3 to everyone. Everyone. Every Saiyan that can transform into a Super Saiyan can become a Super Saiyan 3 (except for Goten, weirdly enough, and even he can do it after Fusing).

Trunks in particular has quite a few variations of his Super Saiyan 3 form, and was the first one to get one in Heroes IIRC. Future, GT and Xeno Trunks all get their Super Saiyan 3 forms (but the first and third are the same person, so it shouldn't be too surprising I guess)

Where's the Nappa and Raditz ones at?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Darko posted:

Dr. Wheelo was actually one of the better movies and doesn't really resemble anything except taking bits and pieces from the entire series at that point. You have the Radditz part with Piccolo getting owned and someone being kidnapped, the Piccolo Sr. looking for Budokai champions, a Red Ribbon styled fight against a giant robot, and a good Goku vs. Piccolo Jr. fight.

I loved the hell out of that movie. It was like 60% old school Dragonball with 40% DBZ for that spit-polished sheen. The set pieces for that flick were outstanding, definitely one of the cooler movies made from that list.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

SirDrone posted:

The premise of Bojack Unbound or Cooler always bothered me in that regard, here's these varied fodder minions that can be utilized so that everyone can have a chance to shine but nope lets have Goku/Gohan kill all of them near the climax easily.

Hey now, at least Trunks got to shine in that one, if only a little bit

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Professor Wayne posted:

Yeah but it was against Tenshinhan. As a kid, I always thought it was bullshit he bothered going SSJ for that fight.

No I mean he killed one of the mooks. He was the only one who got to kill a mook

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Amorphous Blob posted:

The last YYH arc is hilarious.

WOW I WONDER WHAT WILL HAPPEN NEX-

Those are some terrible panels, I thought Kubo was the king of nothingness but his predecessors have him beat. That second page is the biggest offender; what's with all the dinky punch explosions? Why is there so much unused grey space? It's so underwhelming, this is supposed to be the series ending climax battle? :confused:

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Christ, drawing any type of crowd scene must be the one thing that has everyone in the mangaka's office give a collective groan amongst the interns, cause you know somebody's gotta do it to make this week's deadline by putting in extra hours on top of the already grueling deadlines

White Light fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Sep 30, 2015

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

So just so I'm kept up on things, they release a new chapter once every month for Dragon Ball Super?

Must be nice having all that breathing room for a manga artist

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Mordaedil posted:

We don't actually know where Saitama's strength comes from, but it is one of those things that will be incredibly unsatisfying to actually know and would actually go better if unanswered forever.

He did answer it though? 100 push-ups/sit-ups/etc + 10 km run for 3 years

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Mordaedil posted:

That is all he did, but even Genos says later that master doesn't know the source of his own powers. Just that one day he woke up bald and he had become strong.

I think you are reading into it too much.

OPM is set in a universe where, for example, you can turn into a giant crab monster just from eating too much crab. There isn't more to the logic than that, it's just how things are.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

The Ninth Layer posted:

This movie at least finally delivered on referencing the very best abridged DBZ series.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fwj91-uHDa8

'green dick is betta than blue dick OH SHI-'

It's perfect :allears:

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Baal posted:

I'm excited for the moment Buu turns into Super Buu as like a form and this becomes the way he's able to keep up now.

This is a baller idea, I totally hope it happens in the middle of Mr. Buu's fight

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Augus posted:

Man I was hoping that after not paying any attention for a few months DBSuper would be done with recapping the movies by now.
This is the slow burn to end all slow burns

The comic is only one (two?) chapters ahead of the Frieza revival arc. The show is rocking light speed compared to the pacing the manga is coming out at this rate, you are setting yourself up for a bigger fall.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Yeah but then what? What is Super gonna do when they run past those arcs, stop the show?

Toriyama's gonna either need to step up production or Toei needs to take time off, which is probably only gonna pissed off the people who have been putting up with DBS 'filler' just to get to what everyone actually wants.

It'll be like the Toonami '96 reruns all over again :allears:

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Neo_Crimson posted:

I didn't like Return of Cooler because it never had a metal version of Cooler's rad final form.

His final form was being a giant robot Death Star

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

I don't know where people are getting that that the Buu Saga was full-on DragonBall goofiness, that whole arc was pretty crazy with the genocide and personal with its violence.

There was that scene where Buu punched Babidi's head off in that one episode; that scene stuck with me for days, it was so hosed up

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

What I'm wondering is what Toriyama's gonna do once the RoF arc is done. From what I've read it's almost closing up ya?

He is two chapters in to the Champa Arc; he's either gonna have to step up his output or the anime will need to take a break, that's way too close for Toei comfort

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Manatee Cannon posted:

frieza killed vegeta with a finger laser and when he came back to life he became a good guy

coincidence?

Frieza killed the Vegeta Ocean VA and was resurrected with the Funi VA

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

That guy has perfect comedy panel timing, when those jokes hit they hit

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Mordaedil posted:

There are certain moments in abridge series that I think hurts their rewatchability down the line and makes them a product of their time and they will not hold up to stand any test of time. These five minutes and the Rip van Winkle recharacterization might be the worst offenders in Hellsing Ultimate here, which is a tad of a shame. Then again, one of their earlier episodes had a short clip and mention of Adventure Time and while the joke was funny, I feel it'd hold better without showing us that part.

I think the one that stands out the most to me was that lame Iron Man avengers joke they got Bulma to say verbatim, that one was a real groaner

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

The Cell Saga is peak DBZ, ain't no arguing that. Everything was running on all cylinders, great start to finish.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Where is everyone getting all this info about the new DB Super at? Chapter 10 isn't even out and the past few pages have been nothing but about a bunch of stuff that hasn't even happened yet in the manga :confused:

Unless this is stuff has only been done in the show? I thought the manga always comes out first

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Covok posted:

Who'd win: Piccolo or Saitama?

This was answered literally in the first chapter of One Punch man

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Never thought I'd see a dude stack an aura on top of another aura but here we are :allears:

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Stairmaster posted:

Unfortunately gohan did it first so it could never be important.

Hey now, gohan's been a complete chump ever since the time jump, but nobody made SS2 look better than him in that Cell battle.

Always had that look in his eyes a mobster gives some sap who wasn't able to make his payments in time when they're pleading for their life to be spared

White Light fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Apr 18, 2016

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Esroc posted:

I wonder how long it'll be before we meet The King of Everything's boss. Because this is Dragonball and you all know good and well Zeno won't be the top.

This show has gotten really good. Only complaint is that everything has been super low stakes so far. I guess it's pretty hard to top a cosmos ending schizophrenic putty monster, but I really hope they pull out a real big bad soon. Hopefully Goku's *wink wink nudge nudge* to Hit about Beerus and Champa being in charge "for now" is them setting up a real DBZ era story arc.

You know, I've been thinking this too. Super has pretty much been a light-hearted affair, in stark contrast to DBZ's serious story tone. I can't help but wonder if things are gonna stay like this till series end or if they'll actually try to go back to the mood of the previous one.

I know a lot of people seemed to have switched gears from Super to One Punch Man even though it's a giant parody. I guess the joke was lost across seas and most new fans take it at face value :v:

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

AndwhatIseeisme posted:

And the worst thing about the whole business is that all the villains in the arc, among whom even the weakest could go toe to toe with Frieza, who was already shown to be several orders of magnitude stronger than everyone else in the galaxy, were essentially built in some old man's garage.

An old man with genius level intellect, a thirty year grudge that took away his livelihood and the good fortune to live in the DBZ universe.

If any man had the stones to try then Dr. Gero could do it.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Goku Black what is your deal, and why do you shoot black Kamehamehas that's so metal :black101:

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

New Leaf posted:

Sometimes I feel like I'm the only person in the world who doesn't "get" One Piece. My wife and I have taken to watching One Punch Man and Hunter x Hunter on Toonami late on Saturday nights and we can't stand anything we've seen in One Piece. The last episode was the long nosed guy voiced by Krillin's voice actor using a slingshot to fight some flying clown chick with a stupid laugh (a-hur hur hur or something like that) while Luffy was fighting a bowling pin shaped vampire. Dumbest poo poo I've ever seen..

I feel the same way, only swap One Piece with Hunter X Hunter.

Christ that show is a slog to get through. I keep waiting for it to get good but I'm 20+ episodes in and nothing loving happens. Please, please tell me it's about to get better, I don't know if I can make it to episode 30 at this rate :gonk:

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

I hope so, I was about ready to claw my drat eyes out. Also I cannot stand the design for that blonde kid with the not-sharingan, it's about as weeaboo as you can get. The rest of the cast is ok but gently caress that dude, ugh.

I'm at the part where they pushed open some heavy-rear end door so they can go save RukiaAssassin kid? Not the most original plot arc but I've seen worse. Just hurry up and get to the fisticuffs show, somebody light their leg on fire and kick a dude in the face or something.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Justin_Brett posted:

Kurapika is cool and doesn't really have anything weaboo about him, so I'm sorry to hear that.

'Weeaboo' as in 'so-textbook-anime-looking-it-hurts'. He is the most generically designed character i've seen in a manga period, and I am counting down the episodes until he fucks off for good.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

That's so weird! Isn't that weird black man :gonk:?

That's a ballsy joke TeamFourStar

White Light fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Sep 29, 2016

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Can somebody explain Black to me, I still don't get where in time Black from the past came from

How would the future one not be affected if the past one changed bodies? Wha?

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Christ this time line fuckery makes the androids saga seem relatively straightforward in comparison, great googly moogly :psyboom:

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Sun Wu Kampf posted:

If someone breaks Black's time ring does he just die in a puff of paradox?

This could be the case, like he'd crumble away like how Sauron from LotR did when Mr. King sliced off his ring finger in a last ditch hail-mary pass

I'd pay $10 to see that

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Hjalmar posted:

A good reason the mafuba isn't the end-all technique is because it requires specific items: a container with a lid, a string and a talisman. You think Son "Forgot the senzu beans while taking a piss" Goku is going to carry around a backpack full of wizard reagents with him to Neo New Namek 3?

E: That's also the reason Piccolo couldn't have used it on Super Buu in the time chamber.

No, the big reason why piccolo didn't use the Mafuba was because it flat-out doesn't work against Buu; he is a djinn, magic tricks dont factor at all, that was a major plot point with how the evil Buu won against fat buu. Turn to chocolate --> Fat Buu fudge bar

That fucker just whiffed it back with a breath, no way some gimmick like a candy ray or a devilmite beam would matter, DBZ villains stonewall that poo poo

White Light fucked around with this message at 05:48 on Oct 18, 2016

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

"[/spoiler posted:

Raxivace" post="465499263"]
What if scenarios for Dragon Ball are fun to imagine.

What if Piccolo had managed to kill Raditz without killing Goku? Does everyone die now against Nappa and Vegeta if Goku hasn't trained with King Kai?

What if Piccolo decided to play as The Great Saiyaman?

Just kidding, I've seen that comic scenario already :allears:

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Burkion posted:

Did that ever end?

I don't think so? Dunno man, it's been years since I read it off some imgur link

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

I thought the only reason to include Frieza in Cell's design was that he could breathe in space; couple that with his colossal power and that's where the list ends.

I dunno about this 'survive massive wounds' as a Frieza thing, seems more like a natural end result of having a DNA Saiyan/Frost/Namek cocktail for your genetic coding.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Frieza can't regrow appendages so I'd say namekians hold that crown tightly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Burkion posted:

I

What?

When did that happen?

Buu saga

Dabura turned him to stone, enter Kid Trunks with a 'what does this button do?' mentality, green humpty dumpty has a great fall.

• Locked thread