Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Thanks goonbro!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Petiso posted:

Also this:

I love that scene. It's just the culmination of all his frustration up to that point, a ki-powered "gently caress off Vegeta".

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Do you think we'll ever see ultra-ripped 8 foot tall Mr. Satan from the Cell Games again? He really let himself go and shrank a couple feet.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

I just hope it doesn't end up like that Otherworld Tournament arc and Goku just clowns everyone except for the one guy they decided to flesh out a tiny little bit before forgetting about it entirely the next time he was on screen during the Buu saga.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Maybe we should make 8 OPs that go head to head in a tournament..

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

projecthalaxy posted:

I think it's after Broly only because Gohan has access to SSj1 in it but not Android 13. Unless they just forgot for 13.

E: Broly was released 8 months after Android 13, I think in narrative they are both in the week before cell?

Good god, think about how stressful that WEEK was. The Androids, Imperfect/Semi-Perfect Cell, Android 13, Broly, Perfect Cell, Bojack...

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

CharlestheHammer posted:

13 is worth watching just for racist android and hick android. Once they fuse it loses most of its entertainment tho.

It would have been much better in my opinion if they tied it back as some sort of Cell prototype and the fused android wasn't a big blue Broly-Vegeta-Sonic the Hedgehog fan-art combo.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Real talk - in the new "multiple universes" Super developments, where does that put Future Trunks' timeline? Does it constitute its own universe, or is it a splinter universe of the main timeline? If this is the case, does his splinter have its own multiple universes with other Gods of Destruction?

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Enourmo posted:

For all we know Champa is twice as strong as Beerus; I know in one of the movies (or Super i can't remember which) Whis said that Beerus wasn't the most powerful destroyer god in the multiverse.

Someone has said somewhere that Champa is the weaker of the two. It might have been in the manga.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

projecthalaxy posted:

Yeah I'm trying to think of anything that surpasses Videl/Spopovich. Gohan getting his little kindergarten neck broken by Recoome(?) is up there too.

Frieza torturing Vegeta is pretty harsh.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Yorkshire Tea posted:

The gift that keeps on giving. Although I feel I've become stupider from reading them.

The first quote is saying "I don't just go around wrecking people with him" like it's a normal thing. Where are you taking him? Just in your fanfictions? You can't say "Yeah, he's stronger than Beerus but he's not a Mary Sue". loving nerds man. What did they thing was going to happen? They'd get an awesome cameo where they sweep in and win the tournament?

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

MrFlibble posted:

Hey - I'm interested in actually physically reading the Dragonball / Z manga. Are the 3 in 1 books a good way to do that?

I'm a big fan of Dragonball Abridged and have watched most of Z/Kai, but have no experience at all with the original dragonball.

I read the 3 in 1's and it was great. I'd recommend it. They're pretty cheap too.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

mmkay posted:

Just be aware that the 3 in 1 versions are still being released.

For DBZ maybe, DB is done.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Cell is as bad as Superman with pulling new powers out of his rear end..

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Petiso posted:

Cell has literally no attacks/abilities that haven't been seen before, though? Well, except for the popping miniclones thing, I agree that was weird.

I'm talking about this DBM Cell. Popping his own head off, inhaling a smoke monster, growing giant at will (which I know is a Namekian thing but still)..

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

...and one day, Goku will punch him really hard. And then Goku will be the strongest that ever was.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

When Goku did the underwater Kamehameha spheres to gently caress with Frieza when they first fought on Namek, they were just spheres that sat there. That said, from the first Kamehameha you see in Dragonball, they've always had the tail.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Okay seriously, after watching the episode, I understand the complaints, and gently caress the change with Krillin. He wouldn't have forgotten literally decades of martial arts training and all the bravado that brought him to the fight in the first place. He should have been able to sense the ki of the worthless mooks and known he was leagues beyond them. That's just stupid.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Ammat The Ankh posted:

Didn't Hercule win a Strongest Under The Heavens tournament (that none of the Z-Fighters participated in)?

Yeah, that's why he's the Champ!

I've always assumed he's probably as strong as anyone who can't fly and shoot ki blasts who has entered the tournament in the past. Hell, fighting that dude who shot Bee, he moved so quickly he disappeared for a second.. before getting shot.

Also: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HV6dZRJ7xZ4

New Leaf fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Dec 3, 2015

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Literally everyone in DBZ is ripped. Even random background characters.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

I was kinda hoping Yamcha would show up to the Frieza fight at least. In the movie I get it, but if they're bringing in Gotenks, they could have thrown in Yamcha.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Darko posted:

I thought Roshi came to bring senzus and then just ended up being stuck there, only to show he had been working out. Or was that the manga adaptation of the movie?

Why would Roshi bring senzus when Krillin had to carry him? Krillin would have had to carry him out too. They just swung by Korin's tower together to pick them up.

Also, Yamcha boasts to Beerus that he's one of the greatest martial artists on the planet in Super, which, while technically true, seems to hint that he's still doing something.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

sharktamer posted:

If Vegeta actually became stronger he wouldn't be all KAKAROT any more.

Sure he would, if he's not clearly dominant, he isn't "winning" in his mind. Plus he's seen Goku's uncanny ability to leap drastically ahead of him at least a dozen times at this point. This was his one opportunity to get an edge and that bumbling idiot Kakarot had to show up and ruin his fun.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

sharktamer posted:

The rest of the DBZ films must be boring as poo poo because I literally fell asleep watching World's strongest. I ended up dreaming a far better DBZ film so I suppose my experience was good in the end.

But "World's Strongest" is really good though? :confused:

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

In It For The Tank posted:

I do not understand the love for Lord Slug at all in this thread. The most memorable part about the film other than the False Super Saiyan was the dub soundtrack.

Krillin and Goku's swirly combined Kamehameha - while totally ineffective - was pretty badass.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1DXHQPif6Qg

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Gotenks-Buu is the best one. I hated how big the head-tail got by the end. Was that his pseud-SSJ3 hair?

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Abridged Goku is the first voice that comes to mind when I think of English Goku nowadays.

This except Vegeta and Piccolo..

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Monaghan posted:

I never liked Goten because he is the laziest character design I've ever seen.

I kinda liked the mid-length sleeve variant of the Turtle School gi, but other than that, yeah, he's Kid Goku.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Manatee Cannon posted:

goten mentions it the first time he goes super saiyan in front of gohan. apparently chichi was training him and he went super saiyan because she was kicking his rear end. she told him not to do it again

that might be anime filler tho, I don't remember

This comes up a lot.. He spars with Chi-Chi and happens to go Super Saiyan, but I honestly don't think that was intended to be viewed as the first time. I think he and Trunks figured it out together since Trunks knew how to do it in the chamber with Vegeta.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Justin_Brett posted:

Pan beats Android 19, so in theory she is stronger than Frieza.

What? When? I haven't seen any of GT other than random clips, but when would she have ever encountered 19?

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Kild posted:

Everyone escapes from Hell.

The clown robot was in Hell?

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Yorkshire Tea posted:

Kaiser mentions in the latest Episode Breakdown that he grew up with the Japanese version and doesn't particularly care what people like. Specifically it means that he favours the Japanese score unless there's a good reason not to.

He seems like a nice enough guy, but the fact that he goes out of his way to use the Japanese pronunciations of names when we have an accepted English dub pronunciation and they're basing their series on the English dub irritates me for some reason. It's like that guy who gets really into the Italian pronunciation of foods at Olive Garden.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

To be fair, if anyone has solid grounds to have an issue with TFS, it's Krillin.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

I wish they'd still support it. If I hadn't done everything a thousand times or if they released even more new clothing, I'd probably go back. Some things were such an insane loving grind, though. I hope they learn from their mistakes.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Guys, an important question jumped into my head today that could forever change the history of Dragonball.

Master Roshi is a virgin.

Think about it. He's obsessed with women way out of his league, he has poor oral hygene, he's got a scruffy beard, we've never seen him land a girlfriend.. Roshi is a neckbeard virgin.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Kelp Plankton posted:

Are there any Dragonball figures that use magnetic stuff to float in the air instead of stands because that Vegeta having a stick going up his butt is hilarious and totally ruins the figure

Really? Personally, I thought the massive facial ruined it.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Are you guys watching episodes or reading fan translations? If the latter, do you have a source I can catch up with or is that filez?

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Almost everyone here watches fansubs. Dragon Team Subs are the best of the groups available. You can find it where people tend to find anime illegally and such. I don't believe English Super is licensed yet and is certainly not available so it's kinda grey anyway.

I watched to a point when Frieza first showed up but got frustrated with Krillin forgetting his decades of experience after kicking minion rear end in the movie, but it seems like it caught up to the manga at some point. I'll probably hold off for a long while and binge watch it later, but I do like seeing the manga art from time to time.

Speaking of, SSJ3 Adult Gotenks from DBM looks really great. Though with recent developments, I wonder how this is all going to play out..

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Xenoverse's custom outfits were awful too and they missed a bunch of gimmes for outfits that were non specific to any characters.

Like, how do you make a Dragon Ball game for custom characters and not include the Cell era Saiyan armour that Gohan, Goku, Trunks and Vegeta all wear?

Xenoverse 1 was a good base and theoretically at least, could be made to be something much better if they listen to fan feedback.

My biggest gripe was that the outfits had STATS tied to them! Goku doesn't wear his outfit because it maximizes his Ki output, he wears it because that's what the gently caress he wears and gently caress you for asking. I wanted to be able to make my own stylized character without having to worry about restrictions and you end up looking just like everyone else. DBX2 needs to disconnect stats and gear entirely, or let you use a "cosmetic" set over your actual set.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Drowning Rabbit posted:

Really though, Goku has never been a teacher. He's a fighter. I doubt he even knows how to teach those skills to another fighter.

King Kai however is a dick head. Maybe he's just ornery about being dead all these years and won't teach anyone else how to Kaio-ken!

Even before then when the other Z-fighters were there, he really didn't teach them poo poo as far as I can tell. He spent most of their training staring at Namek while they all hosed around.

• Locked thread