Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Spiritus Nox posted:

I still think it's funny that Vegeta would have totally won if he had just floated back down and kicked Goku in the dick until death after the beam struggle. Vegeta still had a lot left in the tank while Goku was half dead and Krillen and Gohan were scrubs.

Why should Vegeta, THE PRINCE OF ALL SAIYANS, get down to the level of a LOW-CLASS WRETCH like KAKAROTT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

deadly_pudding posted:

It does call into question why it takes Interstellar Warrior Prodigy / God Kinda Piccolo 2 minutes to charge it up, where Krillin can crap out a Kienzan capable of slicing off hunks of Frieza in like a second, though.

Toriyama doesn't actually care about stuff like that, is your answer.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

It is unfortunate that Vegeta never learned Advanced Geometry.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Alternate Shenron probably died pissed off that these stupid loving Earthlings insist on wishing for the stupidist poo poo when he can make their actual problems disappear.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Instantly non-canon because the Ginyu Force are too pure to go to Hell.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

lol at King Cold just standing there while Freeza is all "DADDY DADDY THIS FILTHY MONKEY BEAT ME UP AND COOLER STOLE MY DOLLS *ppbtpptptpbp*"

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Buttercream and Cheese Yogurt, the deadly gestalts of the Dairy Special Squadron.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

My story begins with a girl shooting a little boy in the face...

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

LolitaSama posted:

DBZ abridged has me wondering. Was there an actual explanation in the canon as to how Mr.Satan won the world martial arts title? Dragon Ball's martial arts tournaments had some really powerful players from what I recall and anyone from the Z crew could have competed..

Mr. Satan is legitimately the greatest martial artist on Earth who can't use Ki.

All of Goku's friends, who were essentially the only Ki users in the tournaments, stopped competing years ago so now a normal super strong god of combat could take the title.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

The actual joke with Mr. Satan is that despite cheating to keep his title (which he's only had to do since Goku + company returned to the scene), he has the biggest heart of all the Z Fighters and will always do the right thing in the end.

Honestly he's more of a genuine hero than Goku.

Rutibex posted:

He go beaten up by a gang of Ki using toughs in his youth, and swore off those dirty tricks forever.

I'm pretty sure Tao Pai Pai also figures into Mr. Satan's tragic history.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

The right thing is being ultimately the only reason Kid Buu got iced and being instrumental in Cell's defeat, yes.

And Goku + company don't and never did give a poo poo about getting credit. "This crazy ningen wants to be the face of our little gang and let's the rest of us live in relative peace? Alright, let him. He loving pays us anyway. And has a bigger net contribution to this team than Tien, Chiaotzu, and Yamcha combined."

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Ammat The Ankh posted:

Is it just me or are there way more redrawn (and noticeably so) segments in this episode than the others?

It wouldn't shock me if making the footage work is what kept Kaiser busy with this episode.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

I can't wait until the most powerful being in all of reality, Bra, is born.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

I want to check in on 17 and see how that park ranger job is treating him.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Manatee Cannon posted:

he knows bulma will somehow make him mow her lawn of some poo poo if he shows up. he sees how piccolo and krillin fair these days

Cell gets revived somehow.

Next shot is him weeding Bulma's garden with Yajirobe.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Park Ranger 17 throwing his hands up for the Spirit Bomb is also in the manga.

And I keep forgetting how bad 17's actual dub voice is.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Excuse me phillistine they are Artificial Humans thank you very much. 'Robot' is their word, you can't use it.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

You know, I always wondered why 16 didn't get rezzed along with everyone else at the end of the Cell saga.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Somewhere in the Dragon World, a seven-foot ginger bird watcher observers a woodpecker and is at peace.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

facebook jihad posted:

Is super over? Was it any good?

Super is still going and it's quite good, friend.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

And Bra will be stronger than Pan.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

lezard_valeth posted:

And to gently caress even more with you, this is an 8-9 year old girl standing right next to an adult (albeit a short one)

Vegeta has his non-disappointment child on a strict regimen of pushups, situps, and plenty of juice.

Rodyle posted:

e: considering all that Super we just went through, it's pretty hilarious in XV2 where SKoT and everyone is going "oh boy, the birth of a new timeline, what an auspicious day!"
Sometimes the miscarriage is harder on the Kai than it is the Tokitoki.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

"YOU HAVE SUMMONED ME. WHAT IS YOU-"

*Shrenron sees Gohan*

"OH GODDAMMIT WHAT IS IT NOW"

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Marron will be the leader of the Next Generation Z Fighters.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Gohan wrote his doctorate on what happens when you vaporize a cell with Ki.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

"You wouldn't talk to Kami like this!"

"But I talk to Piccolo like this all the time!"

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

no go on Quiznos posted:

GT will be included this time. I wonder if Baby or the Shadow Dragons will make the list somewhere.

Nuova and Omega Shenron certainly will.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Rutibex posted:

Every character in Dragonball is a reformed villain, including Goku. I think Bulma is the only one who was not evil at some point.

Bulma shot a little boy in her first appearance.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

It's great that 16 and Tien go through some great sacrifices to hold Cell off and then Vegeta pisses it all away.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

About the only bad thing that happens to Krillin after 18 marries him is when Super Buu eats him. Beyond that, it's smooth sailing for Goku's best bro.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Theory: Gohan based the Great Saiyaman persona off the Ginyu Force.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Kild posted:

In GT he dies for like the 4th time.

GT never happened except for like the last twenty minutes but the Super 17 really never happened.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Pureauthor posted:

So basically we need to have Frieza come back as a ghost and hang around annoying Goku.

"Monkey....Moooonkeeeeyyy...I'MHAUNTINGYOU"

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

The venn diagram of people who hated this episode and people who didn't read Dragon Ball is a circle.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Kild posted:

the only shame is that this episode didn't happen before trunks left. Another android he missed.

Vegeta: Do I hear 10?!

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Sean Schemmel is also very bad and easily the worst aspect of dubbed Dragon Ball.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Nozawa isn't great but she sure as hell gets "innocently naive manchild who happens to be a combat god" across better than Schemmel.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Nozawa as Bardock is hilarious though.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

After so long of Abridged, playing Xenoverse was a bit of a shock because I completely forgot what Ginyu, 16, 17, and Cooler all sounded like in the actual dub.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Reminder that for most of Goten's life, his main male role model was probably Vegeta.

Momomo posted:

Also she's always seemed very much like someone who thinks of herself as a fixer-upper and can essentially force her husband and kids into pre-defined roles. She's super traditional that way.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g00_BjvepGQ

• Locked thread