Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

It's okay to like Dragon Ball Z Abridged. It's okay to not like Dragon Ball Z Abridged. No matter how you feel, we all should be looking to coexist together peacefully, as fan and non-fan, here in the sanctuary that is the is the Dragon Ball megathread.

Please get along everyone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Jedah posted:

Their version of Trunks was terrible, he looked like a teen who just walked out of Abercrombie & Fitch, and was on their way to the country club to take some golf lessons. Nothing about him was badass or cool.
I mean arguably that fits his character in GT since he's the new President of Capsule Corp or whatever.

Not that GT is good but it would have been weird if he were just Future Trunks again.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Tbh I kind of hope the later arcs of Super more or less remake GT. Mine the good ideas from that show but execute them well.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I'm very glad that Hit got that good hit in.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

tbp posted:

i want to see caulifa and kale fight
They're going to have a healthy relationship together, actually.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Lupus Rufus posted:

that caulifla and kale exist as a super saiyan power couple in tyool2017 is so amazing to me, it brings tears of joy to my eyes.
It's kind of impressive too for a series that started out with General Blue.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Kurtofan posted:

you know what this anime needs more of? food talk
You know what was a good episode of Super? That one that contrasted Goku and co. having a jovial feast in the present with Future Trunks and Mai being happy to have found, inside a half destroyed building, an unopened can of meat, talking about how grateful they were that it wasn't dog food this time.

Super is good y'all.

Raxivace fucked around with this message at 10:52 on Jul 2, 2017

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I love that it's loving Nappa of all people that is like the first suggest intentionally using the Earthlings to recreate the Saiyan race.

Vegeta thinks its a bad idea at the time, of course.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Brother Entropy posted:

watching adult swim as a pre-teen or young teen and feeling like you're getting away with something is a millennial nerd rite of passage
I would sometimes stay up to watch Lupin the 3rd and Case Closed.

They aired at like 5 AM though, and because I'm just loving stupid it never occurred to me to just wake up an hour before I usually did at the time to watch them.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Covok posted:

Holy loving poo poo. Are we the same person?
Possibly. I haven't looked in a mirror lately.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Larryb posted:

So from what I gather is SAO basically like a poor man's .Hack?
Kind of, though to be fair .Hack and SAO are going for entirely different things despite the similar MMO premises.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Multiverse had a few neat ideas. Like I think its cool that the "Frieza Wins!" universe happened because Krillin ignored Goku and killed Vegeta on Earth for example.

OTOH there's a lot of chapters where the big change in the story is just the villain winning a beam struggle or whatever. There's also a million chapters about Bojack for some reason.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Rutibex posted:

Next comes Dragonball Ultra
Nah it'll go full Tomino and be Dragon Ball Double Super.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Kild posted:

yes, its referenced in BoG to get another Saiyan.
IIRC this line is not in Super's adaptation of BoG though, putting Tarble in a weird gray area.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

The Trio De Dangers went full Black Tri-Stars this episode.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

The Multiverse. :P

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Wait a second...

Zeno-sama.

Zen Osama.

Coincidence? Or new level of word play from Toriyama? Yeah it's just a coincidence probably.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Maybe Future Jiren was killed by the same unspecified future heart disease that took out Future Goku.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Covok posted:

I still remember all those people who decided to wear their headbands to school.
We had those people at my school too.

...poo poo, maybe we really are the same person after all.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Haha, can't say I was an especially impressive or notable student I'm afraid.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

HEY

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

The OP shouldn't exist because Zen'o-sama erased it forever.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

In fact bad threads should be destroyed so good ones can take form in their place.

The Mods we have now simply are not up to the task. We need something more powerful...something like Mods of Destruction (Or "MoDs" for short) to replace them. Perhaps if we were forced to appease such MoDs with food and bribes then ADTRW would become the subforum with the highest Mortal Level.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Covok posted:

I mean a lot of people don't know anything about the series besides people scream and lasers are shot.
Reminds of this podcast I listened to once where one of the hosts clearly didn't know much about Dragon Ball Z but tried to compare it to Resident Evil 4 of all things.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Covok posted:

If you don't mind, do you remember how he was trying to compare those two franchise? Like, that's like saying "Star Wars is exactly like Beybale" to me. In the sense that it's an utter nonsense sentiment to have.
I'd have to go back and double check to be sure, but it was something about RE4's second half being more "anime" than the first half, and then Dragon Ball Z being used as the point of comparison because of how people in RE4 stare at each other or something during conversations or something.

It was otherwise a good podcast (It was the Watch Out For Fireballs episode on RE4 btw) but that comparison stood out as strange to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

An old hero will rise again to defeat Bota Magetta.

Raxivace fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Jul 20, 2017

• Locked thread