Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

Wiccan Wasteland posted:

Anyone know why Blacks zenkai seems to be on steroids?

Maybe because (that) Goku is dead, it triggers zenkai constantly?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

I suspect Vegetto is more likely, since they've had Portara on screen so much and already explained that fusion can be undone by Dragonballs. Would be cool to see the dance though. Also might be an easier sell to Vegeta since he appeared to be the dominant personality in there.

On the other hand, story arc suggestion - Vegeta gets addicted to fusion.

Alternatively my earlier idea of Vegetto having to wait for a Dragonball reset I think works a bit better now, as everyone has been warned off time travel a bit so they might not skip ahead to do that.

Edit: Zamasu will clearly be sealed in a teapot.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Kild posted:

Speaking of Yamcha has he been in Super at all other than the Party?

He spectated at the universal tournament.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

jivjov posted:

Crunchyroll has kinda become "the" name in streaming anime lately. They end up with a bunch of simulcast stuff (like JoJo, and now Dragon Ball) and have even branched out into a bit of tokusatsu and other live action things.

Generally speaking, you have to have a paid account to watch things day-of-release, but most stuff goes up to watch for free (with ads) a week later.

Unless things changed since I used the premium service for Attack on Titan (which I think brought it to a lot of people's attention) you need to subscribe to view in higher resolutions too. Super might justify me going back, especially since I need to catch up on JoJo's.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Aurora posted:

You can be a Kai in Heroes so maybe someday.

Didn't Heroes and DB Online lay a lot of groundwork for Xenoverse, like gendered Majin? I think Towa and Mira originated there too?

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

TFRazorsaw posted:

But will you get to be an 18-type android, a 16-type Android, or a Cell-type Android?

As I understand it, Heroes has 3 classes for each race and for Android they were based on 17/18 cyborgs, 19 energy absorbers and Cell.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

I wonder if when Vegito returns they will remember his clothes should be a bit different since Vegeta is in a full battlesuit. This is another reason they should have kept their Whiis gear.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

I'd like that, although really there's no canonical precedent for Gogeta's behaviour at all at this stage. He might be exactly the same as Vegetto. They might even decide that them doing the fusion dance returns Vegetto.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

pik_d posted:

Agreed, spelling Vegito like that makes me sick

I don't think I'm even consistent about it.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

tbp posted:

i think raditz would win at this point, but if he stayed constant, it wouldn't be hard for videl to become stronger than he was

Raditz was strong as a Seiberman, right? ("That's right! We grow stronger warriors out of the loving ground!") I think late-teen Videl could take Saiyan Saga Raditz. If he'd survived then events would probably push him to get way stronger like the other remaining Saiyans, but perhaps his personality would hold him back. Or just get him killed, since even then Vegeta could probably dust him as an afterthought.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Already looking forward to Xenoverse DLC or XV3.

Slightly annoyed Vegeto's clothes haven't been updated, but whatever.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Shinjobi posted:

I liked hating the Saiyan race. Like, it's horrific what happened to them but at the same time they were a planet of loving super angry violent people that were totally down and eager to be the space mafia. It made Goku a complete aberration, and I really dug that. Of course, if that were true it would make Vegeta even more impressive since he's managed to achieve something similar to Goku without the brain breaking head wound as a child.

He did have to die a few times though.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Raxivace posted:

Killing all the mortals is the only way Zamasu could be number one in the hood.

Zamasu actually jumped off a cliff to become a Highlander.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

T4S haven't been mentioning Super in the openings to DBZA, but mention GT without using it. Was it just because Funimation didn't have the Super rights?

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Tae posted:

Takata did g gundam abridged before forming team four star.

Also they kept being sent gundam stuff in fanmails.

Oh poo poo I didn't know that existed.

I wonder if there's more YGO Abridged that I've not seen, they went on a long break.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Rhonne posted:

They should bring back Raditz.

Xenoverse 3 should really just go to town in creating new scenarios to explore new character interactions. We've seen no real canon interaction between Raditz and the other saiyans for one. For someone who is probably the first enemy of a lot of DBZ games, he's not been fleshed out much as far as I know.

What if Raditz never came to Earth, or at least not until later. The Saiyan/Namek/Frieza sagas don't happen, but the androids will still show up, but Trunks won't even exist. And Cell won't have any Frieza material in him if he ever shows.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Professor Wayne posted:

Goku and Vegeta getting their Whis outfits again? I guess they just didn't want to redesign Vegito.

Oh gently caress I missed that! Awesome!

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Kelp Plankton posted:

Frost put out the hit and in the meantime has attained Golden Frost form

Or his brother, Snow.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Augus posted:

Man where is the English dub already, I want to hear Chris Sabat'a take on Shenron stammering and whimpering as he struggles to maintain his form.

You can summon him in the Xenoverse games and not select a wish for ages. He's more annoyed and confused there but it's something.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

sassassin posted:

Watch the Krillin believes in himself ep and skip the rest.

"Oh yeah, I might actually be the strongest full human alive by a fairly wide margin."

Also Ginyu.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Funky Valentine posted:

"YOU HAVE SUMMONED ME. WHAT IS YOU-"

*Shrenron sees Gohan*

"OH GODDAMMIT WHAT IS IT NOW"

I'm waiting for him to just lose it in DBZA.

"THE DRAGONBALLS ARE FOR EVERYONE YOU KNOW?"

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Augus posted:

There's still a lot I'm really looking forward to in DBZA after the Cell Games
Saiyaman, Majin Vegeta, Hercule becoming friends with Buu, Super Buu, Vegito, the Spirit Bomb, Krillen having hair, the Buu Saga has a ton of great stuff in it.

Saiyaman should have Batman voice.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

No one else has mentioned a big change from this:

Hercule no more, he's Mr Satan.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

I get why people will say there's filler, the stuff in between the main arcs with more standalone episodes, it's the same thing you'd expect from filler. The tournament definitely wasn't though.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Jedah posted:

Well yeah, of course. Wakamoto is a national treasure. He absolutely captured the essence of Cell's character. Why wouldn't you mention him? His voice acting alone takes the Cell saga (which was already great to begin with) and bumps it up to something truly memorable and awesome. There are plenty of other heavy-hitting voice actors in the Japanese version, as I mentioned before. I also loved their voice actor choice for Freeza, and his entire fight with Goku on Namek.

Here's a bonus clip of Ryō Horikawa showing why he was perfectly cast to play Vegeta:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNEATlYLd8E

And weren't a bunch of you guys recently praising the Japanese voice actor for Zamasu?

The should have an enemy shown up wanting revenge for the planet Vegeta accidently exploded there. And do a what-if where he doesn't narrow the Final Flash so much, destroys Cell in an anticlimax but does massive damage to the earth.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Blockhouse posted:

now I want to rewatch resurrection f in english

"all hail vegeta, prince of no one"

I've seen both of the Funimation "Super" movies (really they're the last Dragon Ball Z movies, I assume any new ones will be branded as Super) and it's well worth a watch, some of the dialogue is done really well, mostly comedy stuff with the Pilaf gang, Trunks and Goten, but also Frieza's stuff, with all his fancy words (which even confuse Sorbet a couple of times)

Someone should do a revised Resurrection in F that splices in Ginyu and perhaps reworks things so you have Vegeta training with Whis first.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

New Leaf posted:

punching the pink goo monster

Hurr-hurr.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Proton, if you ever rewatch DBZA, turn the captions on.

*Cell screaming in D*
*Cell screaming in G*
*Cell screaming in C*

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Manatee Cannon posted:

just watched the episode and goddamn that was good. everything about yamcha was pitch perfect

the fly on the ball is an underappreciated joke in this thread imo

Maybe they're just going to kill a Doctor Slump character every episode for a while?

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

I hope they do a cop Krillin ep.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Funky Valentine posted:

Good concepts in GT:

- SS4

Okay, I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks this. I dig that it's got a distinct design and that it's lateral from regular Super Saiyan, not another layer on what's already there. Part of the problem with it is the name, calling it SSJ4 when it's not a progression from SSJ3. Whis should rename it sometime.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Burkion posted:

Oh hey Kriller shaved his head again

Wonder what the gently caress is making them all come out of retirement

At this point, when he grows his hair out and announces his retirement from martial arts someone ought to tease him that it won't last five minutes.

Again, wishing Goku and Vegeta would wear their Whis gear again. Also think Gohan should wear gear in Piccolo's style, or at least a dark blue gi.

Yeah, cool to have Seventeen back, he should never have been allowed to fade into the background. I guess the idea of the arc is that everyone who can fight even a bit is going. Remains to be seen if they dump on Videl and Yamcha by excluding them.

Hopefully this will provide a lot of fights for all the secondary characters.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Darko posted:

I can't get over 17 finally showing back up. So many interactions I want to see.

Mostly 18 and Krillin I think, it's a shame Future Trunks left already.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

It would be cool if they broke out a surprise fusion we've not seen before at some point.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

That sure makes it look likeWhis and Vados's dad is the bad guy.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Ammat The Ankh posted:

Liked the callback to Dragonball with Bulma crashing into Goku carrying a fish home.

Oh my god!

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

I'm not sure of the order of things, as I think they reorganised everything on taking the TFS name, but I don't think DBZA was their first project? I've seen some of Hellsing Ultimate Abridged and it's pretty drat rough.

DBZA Goku is pretty authentic, the idiot bumpkin the Japanese version is. Most of their voices are like that, except Krillin even though from their Let's Plays they can do a voice like the Funimation version. I think having Kami and Nail remain in Piccolo 's head is great.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

ImpAtom posted:

S Tier:
Krillin, who is happily married with a child and nobody is dead.

At the moment.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

CharlestheHammer posted:

The dude has always been this dumb Z just didn't have him in enough non fighting situations to notice.

I also think a lot of people first experienced English-language superhero Goku and are only now seeing moronic bumpkin Japanese granny Goku for any length of time now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Kelp Plankton posted:

she prefers to create life the old fashioned way

With angry space royalty?

• Locked thread