Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Spiritus Nox posted:

What the gently caress is Pilaf even supposed to be? A human? An alien? A Garlic?

If he anything like the similar looking creatures over in Chrono Trigger (also designed by Toriyama, then he probably a imp.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Cousin Itt went Super Saiyan!

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Dope episode, also Black totally means "mortals" every time he says ningen.

Yellow dude is totally behind all this, corrupting that Zamasu guy on purpose while he's currently more Teal but on his way to being Black. Wonder what the timeline logic's gonna be for this because i'm guessing it's a rather convoluted process:
Yellow dude begins corrupting Zamasu > Goku and pals go visit him, fueling his anger > Time Passes > Zamasu's ki becomes Black's > Travels to specifically Trunks' time specifically and steals Goku's body somehow
There's four other rings, perhaps he somehow is at five universes at once thanks to that? it makes some sense that he wants to destroy all mortals rather than just like mankind. Hell, was he wrecking havoc since before the timeline split and just took years to get to earth because he was destroying mortals across the universe?

Oh and Krillin and 18 are the best.

So when did Dragon Ball turned into the original Final Fantasy?

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I do wonder if the end game is Zamasu and Black are going to use the earring to merge?

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I can't help but notice that Gowasu's earrings are the same color as Black's.

Actually there is something I am wondering. His name seems like a mixture of Goku and Zamasu's name in a way (yeah I know there is no w in it). Like maybe he is a future version of Zamasu who merged with Black and setting it up all up to insure his creation, ala Chaos from Final Fantasy 1.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

HGH posted:

Behold the lamest fusion to grace the planet.

Literally someone's lovely OC.

Looks like Beerus wearing a Goku mask.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Pureauthor posted:

Go watch Battle of Gods. It's the Beerus and SSGod arc of Super except done way better.

RoF arc is a wash though, neither version is that good.

I would say the Super version is better since it doesn't just throw away that minion with the cool scouter and allows the glorious return of Captain Ginyu.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Pretty good and nice episode, but i'm extremely curious about the green rings, so they're made whenever a new timeline is made? the kaioshin mentioned that a new one was made recently, is that from Trunks? or more recent than that, if so that would make the middle two ones to be the future trunks we know timeline and the future trunks got killed by cell timeline and with a leftover before that.

Aurora posted:

He said it happened a few years ago, so who knows for sure right now. I'm sure we might explore it at some point.

I will laugh if this somehow ties into Dragonball GT, with how weird the timeline stuff is.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/XavierWoodsPhD/status/767971114995900420

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

bowmore posted:

ya'll forget about me?

Is he listed for Xenoverse? Because it would be hilarious to have a team of him, Goku Black, and Ginyu in Goku Body.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

The Cosby Mysteries posted:

I kept hearing about Abridged so I checked it out - great stuff! Did Android 13 have a southern accent in the dub? The Abridged version is perfect.

Krillin has had the best moments from what I've seen so far.

Yep.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHNZ_EygVxU

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Bacontotem posted:

I watched a Twitch Channel get banned live for streaming this week's episode. Don't stream DB Super as Overwatch apparently.

Goku Black is defeated by Bulma riding in a DVA mech.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I would worry more about Bra if she doesn't show up in some form after Goku Black arc is over. It a fitting spot for her to be born while Future Trunks is still hanging around.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Rodyle posted:

I'm looking forward to Abridged Bojack because A: we get dumb pirate impressions and B: it's the last of the movies, to my memory, which holds together even remotely, after that it's borderline gibberish like the Broly sequels and Hirudegarn and I want to see what they do with THOSE.

I always forget the fact they been setting up Bojack for years.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Neo_Crimson posted:

I wouldn't be surprised if TFS skips all the Broly movies entirely, since they all seem to hate him as a character.

I'm fine with this. That or keep making it a April Fools joke each year, with a different thing happening instead. What the one video they did instead of Broly this year?

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Wheat Loaf posted:

I think Bacterian could beat any Super era character. Krillin only beat him because he doesn't have a nose, after all. :v:

In that sense, the Devilman who has the laser that kills you if you have evil in your heart could probably take out Goku Black.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Reinanigans posted:

So we sort of know what Soulja Boy is, finally. Zamasu wished for a servant "as strong as Goku." Proving yet again how stupid the gods are in Dragon Ball. Why not wish for a servant even slightly stronger than Goku? Or wish yourself to be stronger?! Anyway, he used a time-ring to fast-forward a year and immediately make a second wish for immortality.

Overall, kind of a boring explanation, but there's still the lingering question of why Soulja Boy's ki feels like Zamasu's.

So he like one of those kids who want a little brother and the stroke shows up with one.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Always loved those pictures. Also should have a Super revision now that Vegeta got a full Ginyu Force kill and Future Trunks killed off Babidi and Dabura.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Andrast posted:

It took slightly longer for Tien to become irrelevant than Yamcha

And he also has Launch, but when they wished for everyone to forget Buu, they actually included her too.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Little Mac posted:

I want an "All Kills of Frieza" picture that is just filled to the brim with Saiyan corpses. You can't even see Frieza. Just corpses.

Maybe Krillin's arm poking out.

Could the kills he got before Whis rewinded time count?

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Blockhouse posted:

New issue of Jump spoiled Goku Black's identity

He's Zamasu in Goku's body via Super Dragon Balls

So judging by the pains in his chest and the time period, he probably took over Goku corpse from Future Trunks time, probably after his body got vaporized by Beerus.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Cassa posted:

So is Vegeta going to get a Goku kill finally?

Actually upgraded Android 16 will save the day and finally get to achieved his dream of killing Goku.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Jedah posted:

You nailed it! The depiction of GT Trunks was proof that the show was silly. GT Trunks looked like a Super Saiyan brought to you by Old Navy, with his hideous khaki shorts and fashionable equestrian riding jacket. He flew around taking orders from Pan and acting like a bumbling doofus, when he was the son of a super scientist and a proud alien prince. Gimme a break.

Thankfully, Dragon Ball Super gave dignity back to Trunks, where the Future version of him is a total badass, and arguably even a savior of humanity, since he killed the Androids and prevented Majin Buu from hatching. Even Papa Vegeta is proud of his Future son.

Super's Future Trunks would hulk out and slice up Baby in approximately 2 seconds and give him the Freeza treatment. The guy knows how to get poo poo done.

Also even through she just a baby, the version of Pan is so far a lot more fun then her GT version.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Best outcome is Broly shows up, and Goku or Beerus just instant kill him.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
So when does the new Super episode usually air?

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Jedah posted:

Trunks is so pissed off that he lost his nose:

Maybe Black took it from him with instantaneous movement.

He learned much from Krillin.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Veg posted:

The only bad thing in this saga is how they keep time travelling back and foward.

Very excited to see how the manga handles it.

Doesn't time travel keep making new timelines each time they do it? Wonder if this will come up in the Tournament arc that is suppose to be next?

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Darko posted:

Here is a picture from the manga:

Glad they are aware that everyone loved Goku and Piccolo driving. Beerus needs a Postboy shirt through.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

alcharagia posted:

loving bullshit that dr. gero isn't playable. legit mad

Yet Frieza generic minions been in the games since the first one.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Momomo posted:

Considering it happens in a place outside of time, it could totally be canon and I would be fine with that.

Not really my point though if it doesn't matter, it's just funny how two different media are taking on the same subject so wildly differently at the same time. Really hope they give us a Zamasu arc DLC where the Supreme Kai of Time just tells him off for trying to step in on her turf.

edit: Also as Demigra said, the time Patrol "fixing" time doesn't really help anything, it just makes it more hosed up. There isn't really much you could do other than stopping Towa from loving it up in the first place.

Think it 100% confirmed one of hte DLC is Zamasu, as they mentioned Goku Black getting his Rose form, which he doesn't have yet. Plus it probably add Zamasu base and his fused form in it as well.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

MonsterEnvy posted:

So yeah the fusion is just Zamasu.

He should just go One and just fuse with all versions of himself.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

ImpAtom posted:

Eh. Taken on their own the first episodes of DBS are really not that bad, aside from some genuinely bad animation. If you're not stuck waiting weekly for them they work pretty well and allow for setup that otherwise wasn't there in the movies. And I like Super's RoF more than I like the film version.

In comparison the first batch of GT episodes were the godawful space adventures bullshit and if you asked me if I'd take the BoG/RoF arcs of Super or those I'd take the Super arcs in a heartbeat.

But that one metal robot was stronger then Kid Buu!

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Looks like your DVA avatar is freaking out at seeing Zamasu.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Raxivace posted:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/11/04/funimation-gets-dragon-ball-super-is-working-on-english-dub

DBSuper dub officially announced by Funimation. They'll start hosting the subtitled episodes on their site as well.

Glad this is coming, but probably looks grim on the Buu Saga Kai being dubbed anytime soon.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

ImpAtom posted:

... Huh, you know, you bring up a good point.

If Goku Black didn't clense the Earth or something then the Son family was back up and about in a year tops.

Probably except Goku, who probably stuck in the Shin body for good.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Manatee Cannon posted:

that mention of yamcha got me thinking about total death counts in the series, and can it really be that satan was the only person on earth that hadn't died until super introduced new characters? he wasn't there on earth when it blew up and cell didn't kill him so, unless he was in that city nappa blew up, he's the only deathless character in all of db/dbz

on the other hand, the characters that have died the most times that I can think of are krillin (tambourine, freeza, buu) and chiaotzu (king piccolo, his own drat self, buu). most of the main fighters across the series have died twice tho (goku, piccolo, vegeta, tien, and yamcha off the top of my head)

He has only one technical death from when Frieza blew up Earth. But it was never counted since Whis rewinded time.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Whenever people start talking about power levels, I just think of this clip from Adbridged.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YY9g-0d7BK0

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Kelp Plankton posted:

Tarble and Raditz should fuse

Need Tarbles and Zamusa to fuse.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Is there a picture of Zamasu Gigygas?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Funky Valentine posted:

Main Future Trunks - everyone he loved died then his universe died
Bonus Future Trunks - will probably die in an ignoble manner
Main Trunks (GT Timeline) - is in GT
Time Patroller Trunks - gets the poo poo kicked out of him and his body stolen every tuesday

Main Kid Trunks is in for some poo poo when he grows up.

But which one will get marry to Namazu?

• Locked thread