Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will win the debate?
This poll is closed.
Rick Santorum 26 16.99%
Bobby Jindal 18 11.76%
George Pataki 21 13.73%
Lindsey Graham 88 57.52%
Total: 153 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
LIVE STREAMS

http://www.cnn.com/ will be available for free, no logins required.

In case the official one doesn't work for whatever reason, these :yarr: ones did last time:

http://www.livenewschat.eu/the-republican-debates-live-stream/
http://www.stream2watch.co/live-tv/us/fox-news-live-stream
http://www.hulkusc.com/watch-fox-news-live-streaming/

IRC

https://client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=EU.synirc.net%3A%2B7001&channel=%23Poligoon

LOGISTICS

Venue: Ronald Reagan (PBUH) Presidential Library, Simi Valley, CA
Sponsors: CNN, Salem Radio
Moderators: Jake Tapper and Dana Bash with additional questions from Hugh Hewitt

THE CONTENDERS

With their greatest political achievement and average from the five polls CNN used to determine who was in each debate.

• Rick Perry, former Governor of Texas - 1.814% (dropped out)
  • Rick Santorum, former Senator from Pennsylvania - 1.214%
  • Bobby Jindal, Governor of Louisiana - 1.057%
  • George Pataki, former Governor of New York - 0.529%
  • Lindsey Graham, Senator from South Carolina - 0.471%
  • Jim Gilmore, former Governor of Virginia (did not qualify)

Joementum has issued a correction as of 23:04 on Sep 16, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Graham for King Loser

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

Zas posted:

Graham for King Loser

it is cool, and good, that his primary objection to Trump is: "we don't say this stuff in public! jeezy petes!"

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.
is there a voting option for none of them. they are all poo poo even by GOP awfulness standards.

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx
Still can't believe Perry dropped out instead of trying to at least have one last hurrah in this debate.

I honestly don't know if anyone's gonna come out of this debate a winner.

Huckabee is already fulfilling Santorum's religious niche, Jindal is completely terrible plus the token spot is already occupied by Carson, a bunch of candidates agree with Graham's war boner, and nobody even cares about Pataki since Kasich is already the "Governor who won't win".

fade5 has issued a correction as of 23:33 on Sep 15, 2015

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

fade5 posted:

Still can't believe Perry dropped out instead of trying to at least have one last hurrah in this debate.

I honestly don't know if anyone's gonna come out of this debate a winner.

its gonna be a show of concession speeches as the first round of dropouts drop out changing the dynamics of the Actual Primary, hth

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006
or is the flopped joke that nobody wins the Automatic Loser's Debate

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice

Willie Tomg posted:

its gonna be a show of concession speeches as the first round of dropouts drop out changing the dynamics of the Actual Primary, hth

None of the losers have more than ~1%, even if they all their support goes to the same candidate they barely move the needle.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Jim Gilmore has announced that he will live tweet the debate. :smith:

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
the poll is moot, rick perry already lost

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

fade5 posted:

he probably couldn't afford the air fare

e: stupid homophones

Raskolnikov38 has issued a correction as of 01:44 on Sep 16, 2015

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

I am very excited to hear these viable candidates' thoughts. They can fix this country?

sexy fucking muskrat
Aug 22, 2010

by exmarx
I thought that you needed at least 1% to get into the debate? How come Gilmore didn't qualify but Pataki and Graham both also have less than 1%?

sexy fucking muskrat has issued a correction as of 01:10 on Sep 16, 2015

Iowa Snow King
Jan 5, 2008

Raskolnikov38 posted:

he probably couldn't afford the air fair

Or couldn't find anyone to drive him

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

I'm really happy that Rick Perry has solidified his status as a national embarrassment, that's one of the best parts of this cycle for me

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Zas posted:

I'm really happy that Rick Perry has solidified his status as a national embarrassment, that's one of the best parts of this cycle for me

If someone could come up with a list of Hilarious Perry Things for me, I would be very happy. I know some generalities, but I want to see the truly ridiculous poo poo.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

egon_beeblebrox posted:

If someone could come up with a list of Hilarious Perry Things for me, I would be very happy. I know some generalities, but I want to see the truly ridiculous poo poo.

He declared and organized an official Days of Prayer for Rain in the State of Texas. In the next four months drought spread from only 15% of the state to 70% of the state, culminating in wild fires that destroyed 2,947 homes.

Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Mr Jaunts posted:

I thought that you needed at least 1% to get into the debate? How come Gilmore didn't qualify but Pataki and Graham both also have less than 1%?

It's based on polls conducted months-weeks ago.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Man there is just not a good choice on that poll, is there?

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

He declared and organized an official Days of Prayer for Rain in the State of Texas. In the next four months drought spread from only 15% of the state to 70% of the state, culminating in wild fires that destroyed 2,947 homes.

- was visibly hopped up on crazy pills during multiple campaign speeches in 2012
- forgetful memory at the worst times
- has to be one of the few candidates, maybe the only candidate, in american history concurrently under federal investigation

Spooky Forum Ghost
Mar 9, 2015
Which debate in 2012 was it that had the giant video of Reagan to introduce them? I think a photo of it was in the election OP for a while? Maybe I am making this all up?

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Debate memories

Bachman pouring water for the other candidates

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=My538atyCVY

Nagato
Apr 26, 2011

Why yes my username is the same as an autistic alien who looks like a 9 year old from an anime, why do ask?
:nyoron:

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Debate memories

Bachman pouring water for the other candidates

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=My538atyCVY

Dawwww :unsmith:

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

A nice gesture, or a mass poisoning of politic rivals on live tv.

Time will tell.

Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

gotta vote graham here only because it would be loving amazing for a southern ninny to win the nomination and eventual general election. if i'm going to bet the longshot, i'm going all in

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Willie Tomg posted:

it is cool, and good, that his primary objection to Trump is: "we don't say this stuff in public! jeezy petes!"

Lmao!

derra
Dec 29, 2012

Abel Wingnut posted:

- was visibly hopped up on crazy pills during multiple campaign speeches in 2012
- forgetful memory at the worst times
- has to be one of the few candidates, maybe the only candidate, in american history concurrently under federal investigation

Pretty sure the last one is far from true.

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax
How the hell do you fail to qualify for the retard debate when you are a former governor? Aren't the qualifications just, "exists"?

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

i turned on CNN and the first thing I see is Wolf apologizing because he said Nancy Regan was in the hall when she wasn't

going to be a good night

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I eagerly await the Santorum Surge after this debate. I bet he breaks 3%.

PS

Hugh Hewitt is a pretty big piece of poo poo. Can't wait for him to poo poo all over this debate with his dumb poo poo.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Jindal is tanned, rested, and ready to win (at being a loser).

Senf
Nov 12, 2006

lamentable dustman posted:

i turned on CNN and the first thing I see is Wolf apologizing because he said Nancy Regan was in the hall when she wasn't

going to be a good night

how do you possibly gently caress something like that up hahaha

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Joementum posted:

Jim Gilmore has announced that he will live tweet the debate. :smith:

I'm a 100% positive his entire campaign was launched due to Rachel Maddow. Maybe he can appear as a special live commentator on MSNBC with her, Hayes, and the living embodiment of liberal anger.

rabble rabble
Mar 24, 2015

Nap Ghost
re: wolf; when you are completely going through the motions, dead behind the eyes, wishing for a death that will never come

he is the immortal one

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax
Santorum will win the losers debate. Trump will win the popular losers debate because it doesn't matter what the hell you say in these things as long as you turn the spotlight to yourself. Biggest losers? Gilmore for not even being able to make it and Fiorina who will be ripped to shreds by Trump over her failed business tenure and possibly over her failed political campaigns as well.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Cliff Racer posted:

How the hell do you fail to qualify for the retard debate when you are a former governor? Aren't the qualifications just, "exists"?

Reince: You've done a man's job, sir. I guess you're through, huh?

Gilmore: Finished.

[Reince throws Gilmore his gun]

Reince: It's too bad you won't debate! But then again, who does?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Joementum posted:

Reince: You've done a man's job, sir. I guess you're through, huh?

Gilmore: Finished.

[Reince throws Gilmore his gun]

Reince: It's too bad you won't debate! But then again, who does?

The flame of R. Budd Dwyer will never be extinguished.

Auritech
May 27, 2004

Blessed be the tailors
The masks are cut to fit

Blessed be the woodworkers
The crosses and the gallows

Blessed be the forgers of iron
And the spikes and the barbwire

Blessed be the stone cutters
It took a quarry to bury the dreams
I hope Lindsey has popped some prozac for this debate. Last time he was all like, "everyone I know and loved is dead."

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
Say what thou wilt about CNN, at least they're making this free online as they should be as it's a matter of public policy... er... well, public interest... well it's mostly just to point and laugh but isn't that what politics should be in a republic?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Jerry Brown was a good choice for a pundit here. He has experience that soon 14 of these 15 people on stage will have (and some already do!).

• Locked thread