Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will win the debate?
Donald Trump
Jeb Bush
Scott Walker
Ben Carson
Ted Cruz
Marco Rubio
Mike Huckabee
Rand Paul
John Kasich
Chris Christie
Carly Fiorina
View Results

• Locked thread
shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

That debate was so amazing and so wired.

Margaret Thatcher on the $10 bill? You could never have seen that coming in 2014. Never.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself

shadow puppet of a posted:

Margaret Thatcher on the $10 bill? You could never have seen that coming in 2014. Never.

I can't believe Jeb got away with this Loyalist bullshit. We fought a loving war to keep British people off our money, Jeb.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

this is gonna be what sinks his campaign. it's such a bad answer i'm still shocked he said it this morning.

Gibberish
Sep 17, 2002

by R. Guyovich
I'm just starting the debate since here in Japan it was on early morning. I'm hoping for some juicy, juicy cringe.

GO BIG AND BOLD AGAINST SPECIAL INTERESTS is what I'm hearing so far

edit: Chris Christie hugged the guy who stole his children's future HOLY poo poo

edit 2: Christie really doesn't want attention, it's ALL ABOUT YOU ft. 2pac

edit 3: Huckabee really doesn't like anyone doing things he doesn't like

edit 4:

edit:5: Huckabee - "MAKE. YOUR DREAMS. COME TRUE."

edit 6: Rand Paul is crazy and unlikeable but seems to be the most informed person on the stage

edit 7: Carson about to fall asleep

edit 8: Carly Fiorina is scary as gently caress, yikes

edit 9: Huckabee gained weight since 2004

edit 10: Colorada

edit 11: SUPERMARIJUANA KILLS KIDS

edit 12: Stop looking into the camera Cruz, it's scary

edit 13: Morticia on the $10 bill

Gibberish has issued a correction as of 16:03 on Sep 17, 2015

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Dapper_Swindler posted:

jesus she wants more nukes.

Not really. "Strengthening the nuclear triad" doesn't necessarily mean increasing the number of nukes.

Fake edit:

Constant Hamprince posted:

by the way, the 'nuclear triad' is a real thing (the three means of waging nuclear warfare: missiles, bombers and submarines) and needs reinforcement. not because they are weak offensively like carly means but because the standards of the divisions that operate them that there are regular terifying incidents of negligence involving warheads getting 'misplaced' by the college dropouts in charge of them

Basically this. From my experience (and everything I've read), we have some safety issues we need to shore up concerning our handling of our nuclear arsenal. There have been a number of documented incidents over the last few decades which have come scarily close to ending in disaster.

That having been said, I'm not one to give the benefit of the doubt. :v:

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Oh poo poo I missed that part. He really said he wants a non-American on our currency!?

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
Lol why are people telling me they heard or read that trump lost the debate and that Fiorina won?

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

Thump! posted:

Oh poo poo I missed that part. He really said he wants a non-American on our currency!?

Yeah and I really want jeb to lose more than anyone else right now.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

Lol why are people telling me they heard or read that trump lost the debate and that Fiorina won?

Fiorina was the only one to stump the Trump and she did it twice, once when her appearance came up, and the second time (this was more of addressed at everyone than specifically Trump) when she gave a good line about how she doesn't care about token gestures, women aren't a special interest group and should be treated as such

The people telling you this have conveniently forgot everything else Fiorina said last night because :stare:

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane
Her comments on Eastern Europe are hilariously crazy. Like, at least as delusional as "we need to build a big wall!" but probably even more dangerous.

Sancho
Jul 18, 2003

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

She didn't win. Proof? The cable TV pundits are saying she won. This was all Trump!

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

PT6A posted:

Her comments on Eastern Europe are hilariously crazy. Like, at least as delusional as "we need to build a big wall!" but probably even more dangerous.

The person who sounded the least dangerous last night was Rand Paul. Maybe Kasich. Pretty much everyone else had an Iran war boner hard enough to hammer nails with.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Thump! posted:

Yeah, straight-up thatcherbucks. I mean Kasich went with Mother Teresa but that's a little less offensive.

I'll admit I was half expecting someone to recommend Lee as a "gently caress you" to people but I guess in a way Thatcher was more American than Lee. At least she didn't make war against America.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane
I don't know if it's the hangover, but watching the highlights of the debate on CNN is making me feel vaguely like I need to vomit.

Huckabee's incredibly racist comments about Muslims and utterly insane defence of that fat loving homophobic oval office Kim Davis make Donald Trump look like a reasonable and intelligent person.

EDIT: And now listening to his campaign manager defend those same comments... I don't feel at all well.

PT6A has issued a correction as of 15:34 on Sep 17, 2015

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

FAUXTON posted:

Yeah, straight-up thatcherbucks. I mean Kasich went with Mother Teresa but that's a little less offensive.

I'll admit I was half expecting someone to recommend Lee as a "gently caress you" to people but I guess in a way Thatcher was more American than Lee. At least she didn't make war against America.
If enough people knew the truth about Mother Theresa, it wouldn't be much, if at all, better than Thatcher.

I was kinda hoping for someone to really break out of the mold with a Harriet Tubman response, but I guess some perfunctory Rosa Parks answers were okay. Half expected to hear Jane Addams instead of Abigail.

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

Not as taciturn, but still terribly powerful...

tinstaach posted:

employers are the victims, gently caress is there a trap door we can drop Christie through

How did nobody swing at this softball

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
So was it determined that that black guy was on drugs yet? He seemed stoned as gently caress. Or is that his normal delivery.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

PT6A posted:

I don't know if it's the hangover, but watching the highlights of the debate on CNN is making me feel vaguely like I need to vomit.

Huckabee's incredibly racist comments about Muslims and utterly insane defence of that fat loving homophobic oval office Kim Davis make Donald Trump look like a reasonable and intelligent person.

EDIT: And now listening to his campaign manager defend those same comments... I don't feel at all well.

Same. My head is loving pounding and these jingoistic racist assholes aren't making it any better :(

Sancho
Jul 18, 2003

Darth123123 posted:

So was it determined that that black guy was on drugs yet? He seemed stoned as gently caress. Or is that his normal delivery.

He is always like that. He reminds me of Geordi from Star Trek when he takes off his visor and is looking around all blind & confused & stuff.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Thump! posted:

Same. My head is loving pounding and these jingoistic racist assholes aren't making it any better :(

Likewise, any comment about that kid in Texas who got arrested for making a clock that isn't along the lines of, "Those morons should all be fired and permanently barred from holding any sort of responsibility. This is why people look at Texas as a collection of rear end-backwards, ignorant hicks!" makes my head hurt. How can you even ignore such complete stupidity, let alone start to defend it in some way?

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005
I genuinely think that as a doctor Carson doesn't have that "switch" in his brain that Trump and Christie have.

If I needed brain surgery, I'd be OK with him operating on me--but I wouldn't touch him with a ten-foot pole for President. Jesus.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

I'm actually very impressed with his evident skill as a brain surgeon, on the basis that he appears to have successfully lobotomized himself at some point.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Alter Ego posted:

I genuinely think that as a doctor Carson doesn't have that "switch" in his brain that Trump and Christie have.

If I needed brain surgery, I'd be OK with him operating on me--but I wouldn't touch him with a ten-foot pole for President. Jesus.
It's because he's not a sociopath.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

PT6A posted:

I'm actually very impressed with his evident skill as a brain surgeon, on the basis that he appears to have successfully lobotomized himself at some point.

if anyone has 'low energy' its Ben. Surprised Trump didn't stick him with that instead of Jeb! Did Trump take any swipes at Ben?

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Darth123123 posted:

if anyone has 'low energy' its Ben. Surprised Trump didn't stick him with that instead of Jeb! Did Trump take any swipes at Ben?

What would he gain from beating up on Carson? Carson wouldn't be interested in fighting back and he's not the sort of establishment politician Trump hates. Plus it'd come off really badly, Trump is smart enough to know how to manage his image.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Brannock posted:

What would he gain from beating up on Carson? Carson wouldn't be interested in fighting back and he's not the sort of establishment politician Trump hates. Plus it'd come off really badly, Trump is smart enough to know how to manage his image.

I guess because he's in 2nd and trump is a dick to everyone irrespective of skin color, gender, race

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥
Carson has been make a very visible and deliberate effort not to get into a slapfight with Trump.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
post debate analysis:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lu3rnDpiKoE

Gibberish
Sep 17, 2002

by R. Guyovich
I don't get the "Fiorina won" thing, it was basically everyone just spouting off at every opportunity. No one really won, in my eyes.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Gibberish posted:

I don't get the "Fiorina won" thing, it was basically everyone just spouting off at every opportunity. No one really won, in my eyes.

Conservative media said Fiorina won the last kiddie-table debate as well when she didn't do much of anything.

turnip kid
May 24, 2010

Gibberish posted:

She interrupted the debate every five minutes and spouted canned responses to questions that were asked to other candidates 20 minutes earlier. She was a real winner. Let's put more troops in Germany!

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
https://vine.co/v/eUg9teiBPa5

This is amazing, Trump must've gotten into Carson's stash

e: woops, someone posted this in the main thread too, still pro-click

Firebert has issued a correction as of 19:03 on Sep 17, 2015

Spiky Ooze
Oct 27, 2005

Bernie Sanders is a friend to my planet (pictured)

click the shit outta^

Gibberish posted:

The media always hops on the same train about everything and hardly gives a gently caress about what they're saying.

They've got this psychological thing going on where if they're all saying it, it must be the right answer.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Spiky Ooze posted:

The media always hops on the same train about everything and hardly gives a gently caress about what they're saying.

They've got this psychological thing going on where if they're all saying it, it must be the right answer.

"...as reported by X"

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

If you missed it, and don't want to spend 3 hours of your life watching it, here is an appropriate summary of the highlights.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQeqJng5vq8

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Do It Once Right posted:

If you missed it, and don't want to spend 3 hours of your life watching it, here is an appropriate summary of the highlights.

oh my god, that chris christie eating the giant donut (or bagel?)

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Do It Once Right posted:

that shouldve just aired instead of the debate

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Do It Once Right posted:

I've said it once and I'll say it again, we backed the right people in the Chinese Civil War :colbert:

:allears: Fuckin beautiful

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Do It Once Right posted:

A surprisingly good Ben Carson impression.

• Locked thread