Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

There is no image.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Destroy. Kill. Blood. Blood. Blood.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

i hate when people post cool extended sequences from cool looking comics, ps heres a random single page from some ugly ameritrash,

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Cathair posted:

He's got a point, though. New thread rules are good, but a fair number of the multipage posts have been from people who either really have no idea what constitutes an interesting self-contained sequence, or else they're intentionally disregarding the spirit of the thread and just using it as an excuse to fanboy out and post stuff that they know isn't going to mean anything to people who aren't already reading it.

Much like that accusation against KSBD fans a few posts up. :ironicat:

Ah good point, gas the thread entirely.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Durrhurrrrrrrr sometimes people post a lot of pages of stuff i dont care about, and this is different than when they post single pages of comics nobody cares about because im dumb hahurrr - that dude

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

its the same thing with youtube threads dogg, almost nobody reads or watches anything that gets posted but the point is to have it out there in case somebody does get interested, even one person, and posting more pages means you get a better view of what something instead of an endless parade of contextless images

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

VEGETA is all about being honest and true nowadays, report false hearted posts on sight.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Thats why you should force everybody to see the pages by not having them tinied. :twisted:

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

玲瓏館健在なりや / Reiroukan Kenzai Nariya

Somebody fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Sep 29, 2015

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

That Works posted:

Yessss. I linked this exact panel back in the original thread.

It' a good read but loving :stonk: / :smith: as gently caress.

It's cool art but graphic to the point of ridiculousness sometimes.

You seen what happens at Huffman in multiple games and what the USN and OCN are like but instead of being a military engagement its like the author read about all the excesses of tribal warlords in parts of the world and threw those in there.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

That Works posted:

I never played any of the games so it was just as presented for me.

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

It still manages to give a better anti-war message than every loving Gundam and Mecha anime ever. The cross arch was hella hosed.

Oh yah I'm not saying it's bad at all, just really messed up sometimes.

My favorite arc is the Eden one cause that guys hard as hell.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Helck: The thread about Helck

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

thats an actual good title

a helck thread would instantly become bad though, so i shant make it

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Helck is unbreakable.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

NowonSA posted:

The title is ridiculously long, translated it's: When a Gun Nerd is Reincarnated to a World of Magic, He established a Harem army with Modern Weapons!?

It's only at 6 chapters right now, and the harem army only has one member. No more fanservice or harem plot than Danmachi either, for those put off by that sort of thing. Main love interest is a dog girl, the premise is your standard "Guy transported into a fantasy setting because some dude stabbed him." setup.

Also, my car name is Mars Volta.

All you need is more revolvers.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

K. Flaps posted:

3 revolvers aimed straight at my cock.

If you want results you have to live dangerously.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Bad Seafood posted:

Golden Kamui is fantastic because at first you think it's gonna be this dark and gritty action-packed historical piece but 90% of the time it's just Sugimoto being a complete doof while Asirpa lectures him on Ainu customs and traditions in between convincing him to eat weird stuff.

Translations are picking up for it so if there's enough interest I might even make a thread.

Me And The Devil Blues is something he really does love doing, he was sad when he had to stop, but he has his roots as a wierd comedy artist so he also likes doing the prison school comic too.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Acting like Me And The Devil Blues is ancillary is lame, just because nobody is bothering to translate it.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

No, he actively used the leverage he had with the prison school sales to get Devil Blues published in a new magazine years after the fact.

Devil Blues rules its the closest I'd say a manga comes to a classic magical realist narrative.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

I'd post a picture of devil blues but last time I did zorak threatened to ban me.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

If you post a single splash page from a licensed work you'll destroy he entire industry overnight.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Bad Seafood posted:

I will not ban you for posting a picture of Me and the Devil Blues.

It was the really cool picture of him playing his guitar for the first time after making the deal with the devil, and his fingers are bent unnaturally and the whole joint is jumping. Use your imaginations please.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Goodnight Moon.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

dont or ill disown you, davincie

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

they always taught us in school to not bow to peer pressure

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

nerdz posted:

Whoever here called that the Prison School guy would restart Me And The Devil Blues was right, there's a chapter 29 now.

Actually, are those old and just licensed? I didn't really read it past chapter 20.

Its been out for a while.

It wasn't a call, it was what had already happened.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Nobody bothered to translate it until just now though.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Amelia Bedelia Helps Out.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Groundless.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

It's not

You don't call somebody with paraplegia no legs, thats rude.

Sharkopath fucked around with this message at 09:22 on Feb 25, 2016

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Inspector Gadget in Africa

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

The Hungry Caterpillar

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Groundless.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Leper Residue posted:

Yeah this is pretty good stuff. Anxious for the next chapter to come out.

thats the end of volume 1 so its gonna be a while

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Leper Residue posted:

oh god dammit

im mad too

• Locked thread