Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I Am A Hero

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Voynich Hotel got canned and ended super abruptly, didn't it? I barely even remember at this point, that's how barely there the ending was.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Sen to Man, a single dad manga where he's raising a middle schooler, it's adorable as hell and sometimes hits the mark just a little too well

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 10:47 on Sep 30, 2015

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Isn't Bokurano the one where they're horsing around on top of the giant robot and someone just falls right off and dies

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
The Great Anime Crackdown has begun.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Dr. Hitomi's Infirmary

(this is absolutely unrelated to what the series actually is, but man I love me some four-page spreads)

Here's a good question for ya about cyclopses

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Sep 21, 2015

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Two chapters in and this is really stupid but it's a good stupid I think

edit: well this goes places, and before even hitting 20 chapters, even. Didn't expect that!

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 06:09 on Sep 23, 2015

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Chapter 44all the chapters involving Tamako of boku girl might be the funniest chapters of a manga I've ever read

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 09:08 on Sep 23, 2015

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Dead Dead Demon's Dededededestruction

I honestly have absolutely no idea where this series will go. Seems like the author, Inio Asano, doesn't either, judging by the fairly frequent breaks he keeps taking to I presume figure out what to do next.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Yotsuba

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Love Is Hard For An Otaku

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Linnaeus posted:

Oh, My Sweet Alien!

I remember seeing this one a while ago, it's cute and pretty funny, but super short.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Donyatsu, cute little food animals living in a world where humans all just apparently abruptly vanished one day. They meet friends of all sorts, bear-macaroons, burger-dogs, giant super robots...

Kakukaku Shikajika, an autobiographical story by the author of Jellyfish Princess. Wonderfully well-told and her choices and regrets are palpable.

edit:

And Yet the Town Moves, a hilarious, sometimes surreal/paranormal slice-of-life. Basically follows an older Yotsuba.

Somebody fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Sep 29, 2015

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
My Monster Secret

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I don't really care that you don't like'em. If you're going to whine, by all means, post better examples.

Shion of the Dead is about a zombie girl.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Anatharon posted:

Maybe better examples would be easier to find if what you posted convinced anybody.
Maybe you should at the very least make recommendations yourself when making pitiful snipes that frankly aren't correct. While I might agree some of my examples aren't particularly great(particularly the Donyatsu/Sen to Man ones), I feel like others are representative of the series in question while avoiding posting super spoilery stuff, such as the IIAH, Kakukaku, Dedededestruction, etc ones.

If you disagree, that's fine. But don't bitch while not contributing. That's not what this thread is for.

Choku!, by the Watamote author. It's quite something.

edit: have a full page of And Yet The Town Moves(available on Crunchyroll!) instead of the one panel I had on-hand from before.

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 11:13 on Sep 30, 2015

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
The mobile version is fantastic and saves the page you were on. The browser version is hot garbage that scrolls through pages when you use the mousewheel.

The World God Only Knows, one of the better romcoms wherein the "God of Dating Sims" has to use his massive knowledge of cliches to win the hearts of a harem of girls, or else his head'll be lopped off. Funny and cute a lot of the time, plays with tropes well. Goes on perhaps a bit longer than it needed to, but is good anyways.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Ai-ren is super good and super sad

Could've done without the side plot though

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Bro Dad posted:

Eden: It's an Endless World!

I've never heard of this before but I'm a sucker for survivors in a freshly post apocalyptic setting, I hopped right in and six chapters in after the prologue its switched between almost as many characters/areas, pretty much the only link being cherubin. Does that continue for the entire run or does it actually pick some people and stick with them for more than a chapter? I'm loving the atmosphere, the aesthetic of the machinery (very 80s/early 90s), and the brutal, unapologetic and utterly uncompromising nature of it, but I don't know if I could stomach that if it keeps hopping to new people constantly.

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 13:01 on Oct 23, 2015

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
this is a Very Strong first page for a series to start with, I haven't read it though, threw it on my list hoping it's good though

Rock it Girl

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
that's more than my big favorite Sekitou Elergy gets anymore

:smith:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
She's a T-Rex! is about a world with humans and dinosaurs who look part human. Like human torsos with dinosaur limbs instead. It's very silly.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
The Ancient Magus Bride, a series about a girl with a terminally powerful magical strength that will one day kill her, and the man(?) who saved her from a human auction where she would have been sold as a wizard's experimental tool. It follows them as she begins her journey on becoming a magic user, and learns about the world of the fey and supernatural, as well as Elias as he tries to find a way to cure her of her deadly magic. It's a very serene, somewhat melancholic series, but also has plenty of hope to it, and the setpieces in this very-much-european supernatural world of mages and fairies are gorgeous, often carrying a sense of danger or dread alongside them at the same time.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
The jist of Shiori Experience is people are possessed by ghosts of musicians from the 27 Club, and if they don't become a legendary musician in their own right by the time they reach their 28th birthday, the devil takes their soul.

So far we've got jimi hendrix and curt kobain, no doubt others will follow.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
sfx: weeble wobble

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Prison School

and the obligatory

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Bad Seafood posted:

It's only ironically fetishistic.

*100 pages of sweaty, pulsating butts.*

He's just trying to make ends meet so he can fund his Southern Blues comic thing that nobody reads.

Talking vaginas

It's not ironic, but it is self aware in a fantastic way

Also, tits

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Blhue posted:

No that was just an old adtrw fan-theory so people could read a smutty thing without thinking they were weird
I like asses. And titties.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

nerdz posted:

Is he writing new chapters? Because if not, it only means he's making more money off his older works, which doesnt really diminish his love of talking asses.
It never properly finished so I'm rear end-uming he's going to properly end it

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

nerdz posted:

Judging the author's love of western culture, I could almost believe prison high school was written with influences and the same level of self awareness as 80's "teen" comedies like Porky's, but I might be reading too much into it.
There is literally no chance it's not at least partial parody. It's definitely having its (cheese)cake and eating it too

Like read it and you'll understand, also every chapter title is the name of a hollywood movie

Waffleman_ posted:

It has often been said that I like anime tiddies.

Friends, I like anime tiddies.

No, friends, I love anime tiddies!
I do not discriminate against baps

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
It's Difficult to Love an Otaku

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Hah, I was just coming here to post that, popped it open and it looks promising.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I wasn't really feeling Helck about 9(?)ish chapters in

But then I got about a dozen or so chapters in and I'm on board, ya got me

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
caught up with helck

helck is very good

very good

read helck

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Kekkonshite-mo-Koishiteru

About a husband and wife, and their three kids

It's super adorable, not many chapters out though

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Tomo-chan Wa Onnanoko

It's an adorable and funny 4koma series

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
just link to the series directly above the image, davincie

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
It's even worse because the author never makes long series and I never want dungeon meshi to end

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

RareAcumen posted:

If anyone has any suggestions for stuff like this please let me know, I'm already reading Monthly Girls' Nozaki-kun.

You might like Yamada's First Time. It's a goofy romcom 4koma and can be fairly formulaic but definitely goes places, and while there are parts where it drags, overall it was a satisfying series, and the romance is cute. It's completed, too.

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 23:23 on Feb 15, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

nerdz posted:

Whoever here called that the Prison School guy would restart Me And The Devil Blues was right, there's a chapter 29 now.
:smugdog:

RareAcumen posted:

Thanks for the suggestions guys. 2/3 for hitting all the right marks. Yamada's First Time wasn't my thing.
What are you looking for, exactly? Because while it does take a bit to get going, Yamada's First Time(also known as B Gata H Kei) is a pretty cute romcom that also has some interesting messages about teens dissociating love and sex. There are a few bits in it that might as well not exist for how relevant they are but for a 4koma series it tells a pretty complete story with a surprising amount of character progression, which I don't really see very often in 4koma series(at least not to that extent).

• Locked thread