Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I had been browsing the frontpage for age and a half. finally got a credit card. bought an account

i wanted to make photoshop phridays. i amde a new thread in gbs about it. such a cool. dude. desptie being big on the internet for year I had no idea whjat a foruim was until I joined... now .... I act as if I have a clue... when I post on facebook.. I don;t use caps

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cyberbird
Jul 18, 2015

made my first account for the photoshop threads too. made this one because nothing scratched the yospos & byob itch.

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

people seemed to dislike sa so i joined out of principle

havent heard a peep
May 29, 2003

When Steve Jobs died it wasn't the first job I'd lost that week.
Coupons

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

designer of the lomarf car

Buglord
i liked the photoshops so i joined about a decade later

bring back lf

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
wowsa... this energy

hope no trolls come and ruin this threa...ddd..... positive thoughts...

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008
i joined for the trolls and racists

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008
actually someone just bought me an account one day and i started making GBS threads all over this fine forum and havent really stopped since

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
gently caress bro time to get that checked out

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

my gf has an account but she just uses it to laugh at e/n

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
idk how I feel about that????? send her my way ok>???? just let me see how it..///// evertutjt pans out

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

she only laughs at the stupid ones don't worry

Ghost of SA Past
Sep 16, 2015
I went to a friend's house in eighth grade and playing Warcraft 2, he showed me his website and I've been kickin' it here ever since.

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

i looked at the forums in about 2001/2 and though they were full of pathetic losers.

then i looked again in 2007, by which time i had become pathetic and a loser myself, so i thought why not

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Iridium
Apr 4, 2002

Wretched Harp
the old Sony Dating Game.

loving classic.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
the build up to the 2008 election- election year LF owned

non election year lf less so

i used to have a lurker account back when the forums were actually free to register but it is long gone and i have forgotten it

med school head
Apr 17, 2012
i used my friends account to read tcc and then in college i finally bought one myself

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!
i joined when there was that terrorist attack in london and the police cordoned off a whole block but then left a single something awful forums poster stuck inside the police cordon and he made a pretty funny thread so i joined

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

A Wheezy Steampunk posted:

i joined when there was that terrorist attack in london and the police cordoned off a whole block but then left a single something awful forums poster stuck inside the police cordon and he made a pretty funny thread so i joined

haha i remember that.

i too joined because of the photoshops back in uh, 2002

:(

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
MY THIRTEEN YEAR POSTING CAREER

pram
Jun 10, 2001
i joined because of jeff k. back when i joined, there was a dedicated jeff k subforum, which was kind of dead. and then i started posting in sh/sc

there was also a forum for talking like a pirate, it was all very monkey cheese

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
you were whatr like 9????

pram
Jun 10, 2001
in early sh/sc there was this hilarious troll named happyfish and i have largely based my posting style on him. he was better/funnier though

pram
Jun 10, 2001
http://forums.somethingawful.com/member.php?action=getinfo&username=happyfish

rip. u are not forgotten ..

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge
i wanted to reply in proteus' daikatana thread

Zam Wesell
Mar 22, 2009

[Zam is suddenly shot in the neck by a toxic dart; Anakin and Obi-Wan see a "rocket-man" take off and fly away, and Zam dies]
i can't remember

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

my friends wouldn't shut up about the place and now I'm the only one who still poasts

:sigh:

Dr. Honked
Jan 9, 2011

eat it you slaaaaaaag
i joine'd, for the lol's

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

the funny stuff on the front page

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮

Dr. Honked posted:

i joine'd, for the lol's

did you find any yet

Dr. Honked
Jan 9, 2011

eat it you slaaaaaaag

Silver Alicorn posted:

did you find any yet

bitcoin

Peanut and the Gang
Aug 24, 2009

by exmarx
Been an avid reader of the front page since the mid 80's. Decided to take the plunge and buy an account a few decades later.

pram
Jun 10, 2001
when lowtax created the forums i was already registered

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast
whatever it was, it wasn't nmp3s. definitely not that.

vodkat
Jun 30, 2012

cannot legally be sold as vodka
I wanted to download a mods pack for SimCity 4 but some goon was hosting it for registered members only so I signed up. I didn't really post for a long time because I would just come back to check out what goons thought of new games or what mods to use because they tended to have more reasoned opinions than most gamers and even the goons that sperged out over mods would usually just make a pack or simply recommendations for other goons so you could just get on and play poo poo without worrying about it. I progressed to being an actual SA poster when I was unemployed and living at home with my parents and had literally nothing else to do all day.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
alluvion.org

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat
also, years after i registered, in college, a TA for my caluclus 2 course came in front of the class and told everyone to join SA for filez.

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

also, years after i registered, in college, a TA for my caluclus 2 course came in front of the class and told everyone to join SA for filez.

and thats how good things die

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Visual GNUdio
Aug 27, 2003

i joined because a microsoft SE told me where the movies were at

• Locked thread