Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
Wow, excellent thread! Thank you Zoglin for the comics that have been posted, and will be posted!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

I really appreciate the notes on all the food!!

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

z0glin Warchief posted:

Another romance thing by Aki Eda, starring a goony goon.

(e; i promise i won't start any more new projects until i finish some)

I will tolerate this not drink girls/wiz soul manga as it is pretty cool and the mc's friend is stylish and good

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

chumbler posted:

Otaku love series is very good, but Micchan is too powerful.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

More drinking girls is never out of season.

Sono has it right though, weightlifting is how you beat the weather

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Micchan's taste in scotch is great, I would give her valentines chocolates and some glenmorangie

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Sharkopath posted:

now im reading peoples beer reviews and they all sound crazy, this is a different world from the one i live in

that review you posted all makes sense to me so definitely

Everyone's a normie in their own way

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

chumbler posted:

I'm a big fan of whiskey and bourbon and like to drink it straight generally. I tried scotch once (Johnny Walker black label) but wasn't big on it. Might have to give it another shot someday.

Johnny walker is blended scotch, try a single malt next time.

Red label johnny walker is rear end dont drink it, scotch is a liquor you have to pay for because you don't mix it

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Bulleit rye is a good rye whiskey people should try. I usually use an ice cube to take the edge off. Pretty bottle also.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Yeah i think taking the manga in the context of normie world makes it seem odd, but in their world permission is a lost archetype that isn't known or popular and not flashy for tcg celebritites to have their playstyle make an impact

Gyra_Solune posted:

i like the core of the story that is following a nice person having to be a relentless jerk because of circumstances. she hates it, everyone hates it, except her boyfriend who is now fantasizing about her brutally stepping on his face, but she has to do it because her dad is thousands of dollars in debt

This and playing the deck is giving her ptsd from her dying mother annihilating a little girl at a card game instead of being a mom so she can't even be happy at winning till she goes to the shadow realm and fights satan for her moms soul

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Lemon Curdistan posted:

The pictures of Japanese gyms at the end do not appear to be under-equipped.

Also, how expensive are we talking, here? Because UK gyms are about £50 a month, usually with a £40 set-up charge.

I didn't see any free weights so yeah terrible

Its ok though micchan even if you get fat ill still drink with you

Thanks for the comics zoglin!!!

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

z0glin Warchief posted:

Unless you include my wall of text in the notes, then it's pretty long I guess.

Your thorough and informative translator notes are one of the best parts about reading the manga you translate, 'chief

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Brought To You By posted:

Sono really is the best drinking girl.

I very much respect this opinion, but Micchan is clearly the best

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

I've had some of Hitachino Nest craft beer and its really good, especially the XH. Like $10 a bottle though oof. Also the owl logo is adorable.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Mors Rattus posted:

The quality of Japanese whiskey is literally down to a single man who fell in love with Scotland and decided to try to make Scottish whiskey in Japan after going to Scotland, getting married and training under Scottish brewers.

Sounds like a cooking manga antagonist

Although a cooking battle with 12-year single malts would take awhile i guess

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

z0glin Warchief posted:

it's not in volume 2, so... it'll be awhile :(

So there is plenty more drinking girls to come....excellent

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

I concur with the things people have said about good mangas getting good translations being good

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Just because this is the drinking girls thread doesn't mean you can drunkpost here matoi

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Cake Attack posted:

keep the thread up, so that zoglin comes back, he'll see it, and know we waited

[quote="“Endorph”" post="“477617385”"]

[/quote]

E: change it to "The Zoglin thraed for Zoglin to psot the comics in"

Fellis fucked around with this message at 15:01 on Oct 23, 2017

• Locked thread