Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
drilldo squirt

a beautiful, soft meat sack

dogcrash truther posted:

this thread brings a smile to my face, just people having a good time

Thank you.

----------------

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pomp

by Fluffdaddy

:eyepop:

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Pomp

by Fluffdaddy
may have made mistakes leaving a blood nation alone

----------------

Pomp

by Fluffdaddy
i have to rescript several dozen mages again

----------------

drilldo squirt

Pomp posted:

may have made mistakes leaving a blood nation alone

I've noticed. If you get a lot of trash and tell them to guard commander it usually gives your priests enough time to gently caress them up though.

----------------

FilthIncarnate

Weird owl has life all figured out

Pouring out a cold one for all my devils; couldn't have done it without you, boys.

In all seriousness I got extremely lucky.

Lucky that Pomp had no idea I had thirty devils I had been massing since the beginning of the game, lucky that I had brought in another couple hundred zombies the turn before Pomp attacked just to be sure, lucky that those couple hundred zombies were just enough to turn the tide, lucky that none of my expensive units were hit by Pomp's evocations and that the core of my army remains intact, lucky that I have literally a hundred or so priests raising undead full-time.

Lucky, lucky, lucky.

drilldo squirt posted:

I've noticed. If you get a lot of trash and tell them to guard commander it usually gives your priests enough time to gently caress them up though.

About that.

If you'd kindly stop running away from my eastern army, it has a neat trick it would like to show you.

FilthIncarnate

drilldo squirt posted:

I don't know man I mean maybe I can salvage it but I just lost my god to fatigue, I have one castle left and no real army.

So zombies (as you have noticed) are mostly terrible.

The advantage they have over normal units is that they don't eat or get tired.

I was just hoping I could overwhelm your god with waves of units; I'm lucky it worked.

FilthIncarnate

dogcrash truther posted:

this thread brings a smile to my face, just people having a good time

I know it seems that way, but inside we're filled with bloodlust.

FilthIncarnate

So because my mages have mostly been bloodhunting, raising undead, or summoning demons, my research has been super slow this game, but I just hit an important threshold, I finally have some fun stuff coming online, and I'm excited to try it out.

FilthIncarnate

:allears:

the Dakini is super cool.

I think next game I play I want to play Tir na Nog.

Drildo has really sold me on glamour.

I thought it looked silly but I had no idea.

drilldo squirt

Yeah it's really good but I guess it needs a little more planning to use well.

----------------

FilthIncarnate

Well it's a noob game and we're all learning.

You really kicked my butt in the opening stages of the war and I was seriously concerned I would make a terrible decision and lose.

Honestly if you hadn't initially attacked my ball of bloodhunters and had instead just gone plundering through my territories and ruining my gold economy (which is what I was terrified you would do) I definitely would have lost the eastern half of my empire and maybe also the entire game.

I think the thing I learned from this is that different nations seem to like different types of engagements.

Every time you snuck around and backstabbed me I was confused and frustrated; when you finally got into a position where I could see your army, my muscular Lankans were able to tear you down.

I think maybe tir na nog is a raiding nation as opposed to a big scary army nation.

Lanka is really muscular and powerful but very time-intensive and cumbersome. Literally every turn I have to spend a long time micromanaging individual bloodhunters and herding zombies into the right control groups; it's a little tedious.

And during the whole first half of our war I was stressed out because if Operation Imp hadn't worked there was no way for me to deploy sufficient forces in the east to push you out.

Lanka's brawn has major flexibility problem.

FilthIncarnate

So

question

how many thrones does it take to win?

also Drildo unless you have a gigantic army in your capital that isn't based on priests trying to banish my demons now that I have successfully transitioned my eastern army into a not-demon strategy I think this is probably it.

I don't know if y'all want to call it or?

I'll play to the bitter end if you guys want; Pomp is currently winning our battles but I'm literally raising 500 undead a turn and can afford to lose army after army in the west until I'm finished incorporating Drildo and can turn my full attention to him.

Let me know.

No matter what this was really fun and I'm glad I came out of lurking to play with you guys. :)

I hope you also had a good time and that you'll keep me in mind for future games.

Pomp

by Fluffdaddy
You need all but one throne

----------------

FilthIncarnate

Understood.

Damp Star Baby

Staying Legend. CA Exempt DEATH
reading this thread actually made this very obtuse game seem quite a bit clearer, but it seems like its easy for new players to get caught with some of the lore-specific rulesets

I must create a system or be enslaved by another mans; I will not reason and compare: my business is to create. - William Blake

FilthIncarnate

The truth is every single nation has some sort of special power that makes them really good at something weird and specific.

And there are something like seventy nations, if you count all eras.

plus there are like a bajillion special things you can do.

So unless you're a superpro you're going to run into stuff that will confuse and astound you fairly frequently.

it's all part of the game :)

FilthIncarnate

heck i don't think anyone has mastered crossbreeding as a mechanic yet

and not even the incredibly committed wargames math nerds on the official forum have figured out the exact mathematical formulas behind siege calculations

so

there's a lot

is what i'm saying

drilldo squirt

I remember reading somewhere that the rand function in the code is utter trash.

----------------

Pomp

by Fluffdaddy
The devs forgot how morale works

FilthIncarnate

the devs are awesome.

FilthIncarnate

Atlantis is good and also my friend.

FilthIncarnate

I think I speak for us all when I say

Hooray for the ocean!

Pomp

by Fluffdaddy
gently caress
the ocean

----------------

drilldo squirt

I'm still ambivalent to the ocean.

----------------

FilthIncarnate

Pomp posted:

MAKE LOVE
to the ocean

ftfy

FilthIncarnate

For the peanut gallery, the wonderful AI Atlantis is invading Pomp with wonderful armies, causing him to stop killing my wave after wave of undead for another couple turns.

I've taken the opportunity to invest in some long-overdue infrastructure improvements :eng101:

and to safely conquer drildo

who did just kill one of my Dakini, unfortunately, because I misjudged what his army would do like a dummy.

Also one of my first-recruited mages was just eaten by cosmic horrors because doing too much blood magic is bad for your soul.

I can post pics if people want but he was eaten by a group of something called "belly-maw horrors", soooo

yes. that's me. how are you?

HUSKY DILF

aggressively chill

FilthIncarnate posted:

I can post pics if people want

Yes

FilthIncarnate

fiiiiine.

it's so late.

give me a second.

FilthIncarnate

Summary:

this dude

got attacked by these dudes

for carrying this thing

that summons these dudes

it ends poorly for me.

Fun fact: the soul contract is usually a staple of bloodnations because it ends up being cost-effective over time; summoning Devils individually costs 7 blood slaves each, while the contract itself only costs 50 to make and is free thereafter; I managed to wrangle 45 or so devils out of it before the horrors intervened, so you do the math.

This one I got through a random event on turn 2 and guarded jealously thereafter; it literally saved me the game when Pomp's big army rolled up and I needed a very specific squadron to fight his mages.

Devils have a trait called "heat aura", which means, among other things, that if they're in one place long enough (or in high enough numbers) they'll literally set the ground around them on fire; since fire is one of the racial weaknesses of Hindu demons (they have this whole feud-with-the-sun thing going on; if the game goes on long enough, one of my endgame summons is literally a demon whose goal is to swallow the sun, causing a forever-eclipse; in gameplay terms this lets me plunge battlefields into darkness, loving with non-darkvision units and empowering certain demons), I've had to be very careful not to let my Devils accidentally roast my Rakshasas.

I have like six of another similar item called "Lifelong Protection" which I make because it rocks but I'll post that some other time.

#effortpost #can'tbtamed #nofilter

FilthIncarnate

getting it was a real coup tbqh because Lanka usually doesn't have access to fire magic so I had no way of getting Devils regularly.

they're a quality unit and 28 of them gave their lives to stop the swarthy greek menace from philosophizing his way into controlling half the world.

FilthIncarnate

also rereading the terms of that soul contract I guess that deceased gorillamage's soul is currently in thrall to some sort of western satanic demonlord

:patriot: thanks bro

taking this one for the team

Pomp

by Fluffdaddy
I've got dudes lovely dudes with spears and a hivemind

Pomp

by Fluffdaddy
It's actually pretty neat watching my priestesses blow away chunks of undead every turn

FilthIncarnate

Pomp posted:

It's actually pretty neat watching my priestesses blow away chunks of undead every turn

:argh:

drilldo squirt

Am I dead yet?

----------------

FilthIncarnate

drilldo squirt posted:

Am I dead yet?

You just killed one of my thugs with your army, so, frustratingly, no.

You have like five or so provinces left, including your capital.

But now turns are taking 24 hours to resolve since someone isn't sending turns in anymore :iiam:

That loving Long-Handed is still a goddamn headache.

Honestly you could probably gently caress with me for a while if you were careful about it and avoided engaging my armies directly.

Whether you want to troll me or not is, of course, your decision, and I trust you'll make the right one.

drilldo squirt

I thought I went AI?

----------------

drilldo squirt

Ok, now I'm AI.

----------------

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FilthIncarnate

:(

drilldo squirt posted:

Ok, now I'm AI.

the world got a little less bright.
-----
now that the game is winding down a little I'm taking the opportunity to stress-test some thug builds.

i have a bunch of magic items i got via random events/plundering drildo's dead commanders' stashes and i'm mixing and matching to see what might work

this turn i have a dakini wearing boots of quickness wielding a bow of war, scripted to cast bless/aiming/misform and let 'er rip.

in theory, this combination should result in a single commander firing 26 super-accurate arrows every round.

we'll see how it works in practice.

i threw a "lifelong protection" demon contract onto him which will have the effect of summoning a never-ending stream of imps at the rate of 2 a round; this is mostly to pad out his life expectancy.

• Locked thread