Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Droo
Jun 25, 2003

Your situation seems to be way worse than you are treating it. You have no money, no job history, no credit history, no transportation, and your house is infested with rats and falling apart. Your initial thoughts seem to be along the lines of "maybe I can work from home, I'm waiting for an inheritance", and "I eat out every day even though I can't pay the electric bill".

You say your schedule doesn't line up with your roommate's at all, but you don't seem to do anything so I don't really understand how that is possible. Why don't you just make it work?

I think your first important step is going to be to truly acknowledge what a trainwreck of a situation you are in, and do some self reflection to figure out how you got there and how you can make effective change to act differently going forward.

With that all said, if I randomly woke up and found myself in your situation:

1. Get a second roommate and stop waiting for the other guy
2. Stop eating out and start cooking cheap poo poo like rice, beans, and crappy chicken
3. Fix your car
4. Get a job, preferably one with some kind of theoretical career advancement or skill type stuff (e.g. helpdesk or crappy office work) but ultimately you are going to have to take whatever you can get. Possibly work with your roommate so you can carpool and align schedules?
5. Learn to fix your crappy house yourself so you can make it nice and rat-free without having to pay professionals for everything you do
6. Pay your electric bill
7. Start taking a 1 hour long walk every day outside
8. See if some kind of mental health counseling is available to you for free based on your low income. I don't really know how to find this though - call the county hospital maybe.

You should probably make a small list of things to do every single day. For example, today (and every other day) you will:
1. Apply for at least one realistic job
2. Cook one cheap meal with enough left over for a second meal
3. Spend 45 minutes cleaning something in your house, or repairing a problem with your house
4. Spend at least 45 minutes walking outside

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread