Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
Ask me about being a racist piece of shit with a racist gimmick

Niddhogg posted:

I'm pretty sure the gag was written specifically for whatever happens with Sanji now. Sanji's status was changed to "Alive" as soon as his face was shown.

If you think he was planning this all out from the beginning than I don't know what to tell you man, no author plans that far ahead except for the ones who suck and only sell 1 part of their planned 19 part novel series before getting canned.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007

Niddhogg posted:

I don't if he had every detail planned out from chapter 1, but I think since he had Sanji's face obscured with two sets of wanted posters he had to have had some purpose.

He did: It was funny.

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007

quote:

R: I have a question, no introductions. Did Miss Goldenweek eat one of those fruits?

O: No, she... how should I say this? She's kind of like a hypnotist. Those people use suggestion, and "color" in this case, to excite people and calm people, and when revved up enough can use these skills as attacks, but they do not have Devil Fruit Powers.

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007

Folt The Bolt posted:

The "being able to steal other users' Devil Fruits" is because he has an atypical body structure, not because of the Yami Yami no Mi.

This still hasn't been proven by anything beyond one line that was incredibly vague and to my reading just implied the opposite.

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
This thread didn't know what the gently caress a mink was so my standards for it are already rock bottom.

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007

Andrast posted:

Magic/who cares

It's a mystery fruit.

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007

Guy A. Person posted:

"what actually does happen if you eat a second devil fruit" and "where exactly do these drat things even show up after their previous user dies".

Both have already been explained. You explode and a nearby fruit becomes a devil fruit respectively.

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
pun hazard

Punk Hazard is also my least favorite stage in PW3 because you spend most of the level running away from gas. so maybe accuracy isn't always a good thing.

Caesar is fun to play as though even if I hate his annoying laugh. Ryusei Nakao says GAS really well when you do a team up special attack.

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
Haki

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
A tragic loss.

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
nanomachines

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
Get the free DLC from Bandai's website to unlock a bunch of characters early and get a few alternate costumes too.

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007

AkumaHokoru posted:

whats this now?

https://www.bandainamcoent.eu/vipcorner/get/slug/one-piece-pirate-warriors-3-fan-gift-pack-steam
or
https://www.bandainamcoent.eu/vipcorner/get/slug/one-piece-pirate-warriors-3-fan-gift-pack-ps3-ps4-ps-vita

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007

RatHat posted:

How so? Wasn't he taking down battleships with a single firefist?

Yeah that was cool. Then he

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007

Manatee Cannon posted:

you only really see him in a fight twice tho, yea? where he blows up the fleet and where he loses to the blackbeard pirates, which is likely gonna be the final enemy of the whole series. if you're gonna lose to someone, it may as well be the end boss

That's precisely the point. He did dick all in the story and was an ancillary character with zero personality and is somehow consistently peoples favorite character because he's good looking. Sabo is even worse.

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
Blackbeard's first appearance is a very obvious metaphor about him and Luffy having similar goals and ideals but opposing tastes (literally). Akainu is just an angry cop doing his job.

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007

RatHat posted:

:AMan'sDreamWillNeverDie.jpg:

Uh, yeah. That's the point. They both have very similar worldviews, ideals and goals. Blackbeard's just willing to gently caress people over to reach them.

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
Oda makes a poo poo ton of retcons too. I like the idea of Killer being Sanji's brother but if that happens, don't think he really planned that out 20 years in advance. I mean he straight up admitted he cooked up all the Supernovas in like an hour and of all of them he put the least amount of effort into Killer, hence his name.

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007

Asuron posted:

Killer will not be Sanjis brother, just like there was no way Axe Hand Morgan was ever going to be Jack.

I'll give you the latter but I think the former could hold if only because Killer is such a nothing character that Oda can do anything with him. Hell, he retconned Law into being a D, you never know.

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007

all his posts are

would love if they started showing really really bad ones on purpose with each chapter instead of really bad ones that they think are good for some reason with each chapter

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007

delusional nerds posted:

jinbe just went out for a pack of cigarettes and said he'd be back soon

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

I dunno, Kidd, Apoo, and Hawkins seem to be in a direct course for a Bad Time after running into Kaidou.

"Okay guys, whats our plan for killing Shanks, the guy who is sworn enemies with Kaido"
"I have no idea"
*Kaido falls in front of their faces*
"I have an idea"

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
Brook is like 9 feet tall you just kind of forget about it because every villain is like double that.

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

It'd be loving brutal even by One Piece standards if the guy was literally boiled to death when he was alive.

That was a traditional execution method in Feudal Japan (famously it was used to execute Goemon Ishikawa) so it actually fits since that seems to be the country's whole gimmick.

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007

Andrast posted:

Did they go into filler in the middle of the arc?

Remember that chapter that showed everyone in the Infinite Tsukiyomi and their dream worlds, but they were just ndividual panels? Haha, well

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
gotta hand it to him, jinbei has the uniquer distinction of being the most boring fishman in the series AND the most boring warlord in the series

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007

Comic posted:

So he is Krieg 2.0? It'd be neat to see Krieg and Gin subjugated by him.

would be cool if we could get through one page without people theorizing new lovely ways for gin or jinbe to be brought back even though they suck rear end

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
Thought it was kinda boring that they were just running around in circles for half a chapter but warmed up to it once I imagined the anime stretching it out to 3 episodes somehow.

Carrot and Pedro rule and are way better than boring rear end Jinbe who I hope dies before he joins the crew.

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
if ace is overwatch then sabo is battleborn

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
pretty sure by "why" it was rhetorical because quantifying and naming poo poo just turns it into a video game where if you hit level 50 you gain an ability, that's bad writing

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
Don't forget Paulie, Wyper and Kaku

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007

anime was right posted:

franky's VA is pretty weak in english (not awful, just... does not compare to the original at all), and i hate chopper's va. pretty much everyone is okay otherwise i think.

Franky's VA isn't bad but Franky was specifically designed to give his Japanese VA a full time job on One Piece so any other voice for him is not going to sound nearly as good.

Usopp and Brook are better in the dub and everyone else is at least okay.

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
I dunno what I love more, people doing "conjoined fetus" level mental gymnastics to make sure their new One Piece waifu is secretly triple fooling literally no one so that she remains a pure maiden, or that people are concocting stupid ideas for how Tamago can be a sentient egg when the main vilains whole shtick is that she can make sentient objects.

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
he can have multiple fruits because of the dark dark fruit and you're dumb if you think otherwise

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
wow check it out luffy said he wanted a navigator and then shortly after nami showed up

oda you loving mastermind you loving genius holy poo poo dude how does he do it

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
Doflamingo vs Moria also happened before the timeskip, where haki basically didn't have rules because Oda was making poo poo up on the fly.

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007

Sub Harrison posted:

Nose and Chin are exactly the same.

Nose is completely different and the hair and eyebrows are too.

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007

Crosspeice posted:

Brook is an insanely good character.

I always liked Brook because he appealed to a lot of things I love (skeletons and bad puns, mostly) but he never really did much as part of the crew and I'm really glad he gets all these great moments in this arc. He's technically the first Straw Hat to hurt one of the 4 Emperors (not counting Luffy punching Blackbeard in Impel Down).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007

Scratchman Apoo posted:

If you think Hody had a tragic past then you might have read it wrong.

This thread has proven time and time again that taking things metaphorically is not their strong suit.

In good news, Funimation Now as the first 2 post timeskip episodes up and I'm happy to say that Fake Sanji and Robin have exactly the voices you think they have.